Video: And You Would Let 21 Walk

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
RB in the NFL is typically the easiest position to replace. See the Steelers for example.

1. Typically does not mean always

2. No two teams, players, or situations are alike

3. Nothing in your reply showed any evidence of the ease to replace a talent such as Zeke displays

Back to the drawing board.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People say that. I see none of them offer proof he is the easiest to replace.
I'll get to your other post when I'm in front of a computer. There is a lot there in that garbled word salad.

That aside.... You're really wondering if it's easier to replace a rb than a wr or qb? In 2019?

cern

Reaction score
Refresh my memory, Floaty. When Emmitt started stepping out of bound because he was thinking about longevity, did you jump up and post something about him avoiding contact?
in fairness, the year he tended to run out of bounds he was playing with two sprained ankles and couldn't cut very well. after going to the cardinals, he ran well again.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'll get to your other post when I'm in front of a computer. There is a lot there in that garbled word salad.

That aside.... You're really wondering if it's easier to replace a rb than a wr or qb? In 2019?

I do not believe I stated anything about replacing a QB vs RB in any of my postings to you. So how you made that leap is on you, not me.

Second, you have tossed down this RB gauntlet many times. You listed out your reasoning. I responded with facts. If it is too long, I will sell you the Cliff Notes for 11.95 plus tax.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
1. Typically does not mean always

2. No two teams, players, or situations are alike

3. Nothing in your reply showed any evidence of the ease to replace a talent such as Zeke displays

Back to the drawing board.
Absolutely it does not mean always.....which is why I said typically

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
in fairness, the year he tended to run out of bounds he was playing with two sprained ankles and couldn't cut very well. after going to the cardinals, he ran well again.

Emmitt changed his style during his career. He started stepping out before the sidelines hit. Which is logical for longevity. I am not slandering him by saying so. I recall the ankle year. I attended training camp and he didn't do much but trot back and forth across the endzone while the team practiced. Another good decision. But the time I speak of was several years before he left the team. Not sure what you are talking about.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF there was no salary cap there's no question everyone would want Zeke. But based on how cheap running backs are in the draft and how quick they have a impact on the game......its just not a smart way to use your salary cap.

They're also "cheap" relative to other positions. You can't get a Super Star QB, DE, WR, etc.. for 15M per.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fact is out of the 10 top rushers last season 5 were top 8 picks of the 1st rd (Zeke, Barkley, Gurley, and Peterson), 3 were 2nd rd pick. So 8 out of 10 where selected in the 1st 2 rds of the draft. Those are not dime a dozen players. With the high picks clearly expectations are also higher. Dallas expect Zeke to be a top 5 RB and thus far 2 out of 3 seasons as the leading rusher.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I do not believe I stated anything about replacing a QB vs RB in any of my postings to you. So how you made that leap is on you, not me.

Second, you have tossed down this RB gauntlet many times. You listed out your reasoning. I responded with facts. If it is too long, I will sell you the Cliff Notes for 11.95 plus tax.
What I responded to was you questioning if Zeke is the easiest to replace. So didn't make up anything.

Also your post just listed counting stats. So what?

Anyway... Later.

Thomas82

Reaction score
The argument is based on if the team had the money Zeke will be owed then look what the team could get.

But that's a fallacy since history over the last twenty years says they couldn't pick a one horse race.

Now you have an exceptional talent, but because the league suggests letting that go because all the other guys at that spot got old has two distinct flaws.

One is not all things are equal. If for no other reason, the offensive line makes this argument swing Zeke's way. And just because most players at that position got old doesn't mean this guy will sometime into his second contract. The rebuttal is Emmitt Smith. You guys are arguing that your crystal ball is accurate. You ignore the history of this team suggests this cut and run attitude isn't always correct.

The second is this team isn't littered with premiere talent.

And if that doesn't sell it, then what does this team do when Zeke is out of the line-up?

I agree with every word of this.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Absolutely. He is the easiest to replace and in 3 years he will be entering the end of his prime. We as an organization need to learn when to let go of players.
Exactly. That’’s why it would be smart to extend him now and pay less overall than tagging him for 2 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree. Having a RB the caliber of Zeke is a game changer. How do you think we won 3 Superbowls with Troy, Emmitt and Michael? Take Emmitt away and we probably don’t win any.
Teams have proven time and time again you don’t need the best backs in the league in order to win a ring. Philly, Pats, Ravens,Packers, Giants.......

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How is he a once in a decade rb when a rb came into the league last year that is better than him and there are numerous running backs in the league right now that have a claim on the best rb title?

When Adrian came into the league there were no debate shows or threads on who the best rb was. He was a once in a decade player. And it was obvious.
It is not obvious that Zeke is either of those things (generational talent or best player at his position).

And wishing it so doesn't make it happen.

Zeke performs worse than you'd expect given our line, doesn't break tackles, doesn't have game breaking long runs and fumbles more often than you'd like.

This is your king?
How is Saquon Barkley a better RB than Zeke when Barkley didn't even rush for more yards than Zeke? Zeke outrushed him by 127 yards...and behind a banged up depleted Oline.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Top 6 RB in the NFL were 4 where not only #1 picks they were top 8 picks with Zeke, Barkley, Gurley and McCaffery. Sure you can find quality players at all position in a draft, Brady was a 6th rd pick. Come FA those players will look to be paid and someone will pay to bring in talent because the NFL knows talent wins games.

Is a luxury. Who was Phillys running back when they won?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
What I responded to was you questioning if Zeke is the easiest to replace. So didn't make up anything.

Also your post just listed counting stats. So what?

Anyway... Later.

I agree RB is easier than most positions. I wholeheartedly disagree replacing Zeke is easy, moderately easy, or even mildly difficult.

You see him as just a RB.

I see him as a player in the midst of Tony Dorsett, and Emmitt. Hence my push back on suggesting HIS position is easy to replace.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is not asking for 15 per. If that’s all he wants sign me up.

It's the going rate.

The current top RB contract is 14.375M per.

Obviously it goes up each year, but the other positions increase every year also.

Current Max AAV
QB 35M
WR 18M
Outside Pass Rusher 23.5M
DT 22.5M
RB 14.375M