CFZ Another win against a non winning team, Cowboys look to lock up 5th seed

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn’t think it was outrageous. Actually it was on point to the narrative that’s been like a burr in our socks. I just stirred it up.

I’m more disappointed no one wanted to discuss the second part of title in locking up 5th seed. Lol
I think if you'd left the first part out, then some of us would have been able to get past that and discuss the second part. IMO, the Seahawks game wasn't a time to discuss non-winning teams. It was our first chance to beat one with a winning record and we did. Where we go from here is the important part, but you diminished the first part and got the rest of us sidetracked on that.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
Yes, Seattle had a winning record heading into the game much like the Jets did in week 2. But now they are 6-6 and with SF and Phi in next couple weeks will possibly be 6-8. Throw in Steelers in a few weeks another Playoff caliber winning record team Seahawks could easily finish 8-9 with other remaining games against Titans and Cards.

But at least it was the best team we have beaten this season . We had to come from behind to get it done. A good but not great win.

I’m not sure it was the kind of dominating performance that provides us more confidence heading into our matchup with Egirls but certainly a good performance by offense. And defense while giving up 35 did make a stop to end the game.

We are now 3 games up ( lost column) in the 5th Wild Card slot with a very slim chance of winning division. It’s very possible once the division is officially lost and with the 5th seed locked we might be able to rest our stars the last game or two heading into the playoffs.

Phi would need to lose 3 more while we win out to overtake tiebreakers which unfortunately they own . Always possible but very unlikely.

I actually think it could be to our advantage if the division is locked up early as we lock up 5th seed. It places us in a better position to rest while the top 3 division winners are playing for higher seeds.

If Egirls lose next two games which I think is possible it sets SF up for #1 seed which the way they are playing expect them to win out. Either way they will continue to compete for top seed.

Cowboys could be the most rested team heading into playoffs . An advantage that could make a difference.
I really can’t stand you people…

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yes, Seattle had a winning record heading into the game much like the Jets did in week 2. But now they are 6-6 and with SF and Phi in next couple weeks will possibly be 6-8. Throw in Steelers in a few weeks another Playoff caliber winning record team Seahawks could easily finish 8-9 with other remaining games against Titans and Cards.

But at least it was the best team we have beaten this season . We had to come from behind to get it done. A good but not great win.

I’m not sure it was the kind of dominating performance that provides us more confidence heading into our matchup with Egirls but certainly a good performance by offense. And defense while giving up 35 did make a stop to end the game.

We are now 3 games up ( lost column) in the 5th Wild Card slot with a very slim chance of winning division. It’s very possible once the division is officially lost and with the 5th seed locked we might be able to rest our stars the last game or two heading into the playoffs.

Phi would need to lose 3 more while we win out to overtake tiebreakers which unfortunately they own . Always possible but very unlikely.

I actually think it could be to our advantage if the division is locked up early as we lock up 5th seed. It places us in a better position to rest while the top 3 division winners are playing for higher seeds.

If Egirls lose next two games which I think is possible it sets SF up for #1 seed which the way they are playing expect them to win out. Either way they will continue to compete for top seed.

Cowboys could be the most rested team heading into playoffs . An advantage that could make a difference.
Its funny how that stick always moves with winning vs non-winning teams. The Seahawks are fast and physical and showed why they're a playoff contender. The best part of the game was the Cowboys were challenged when they didn't execute their best with lofty expectations going in and still came out with the W. They were down and faced with adversity but overcame it and that builds character.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Even though it was Seattle's 4th loss in 5 weeks.....It WAS a good win.
Yes, it was at home, but I think we saw the very best version of Seattle this year. They were playing their butts off on offense.

We'll know how Dallas did vs "winning teams" at the end of the year when we get final records.
No matter how we look at it, for now they at the very least beat a non-losing team.
:laugh:

Motorola

Reaction score
I've started plenty of threads that gained no traction while a sensationalist thread took off, including some that I put time and research into. I refuse to say outrageous things just to draw interest, though. I'd rather a thread disappear quickly than stooping to that level.
'gimmesix' - agree with you 100%.

Loso86

Reaction score
Then why did you ask ?

I’d argue the Cowboys receive much more of this type of hype. And it doesn’t just come from outside sources. Our own front office and fans do as well.
Because you made it seem like folks were saying we going to the SB after that win.

Loso86

Reaction score
Our fans are desperate to find greater success.

Phi is a proven winner from last year. It doesn’t matter how they win.

Until we reach that pinnacle we need thicker skin cause these meaningless narratives will continue. Only way to stop it is to kick the door down.
B.S. at the end of the day a win is a win and a loss is a loss. I hate the double standard especially from within the fanbase. It's Stupid. Nobody was saying it when eagles lost to the Jets and we killed them. But I guess eagles get a pass because of past success

Diehardblues

Reaction score
B.S. at the end of the day a win is a win and a loss is a loss. I hate the double standard especially from within the fanbase. It's Stupid. Nobody was saying it when eagles lost to the Jets and we killed them. But I guess eagles get a pass because of past success
Exactly right. The only reason these narratives exist is the Cowboys haven’t had that level of success.

The only way it ends is to kick down the door.

I had a thread last week on how to end these narratives.

stinkface

Reaction score
When you beat a team that has a winning record when you play them, you have beaten a team with a winning record. Everyone knows that . Geez.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When you beat a team that has a winning record when you play them, you have beaten a team with a winning record. Everyone knows that . Geez.
Then why didn’t it count when we beat the Jets?

And the jury is still out on Seattle. They could end up with a winning record.

It’s amazing how these narratives get under the skin of fans.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then why didn’t it count when we beat the Jets?

And the jury is still out on Seattle. They could end up with a winning record.

It’s amazing how these narratives get under the skin of fans.
I think one reason the Jets game gets discounted is because it was so early in the season and the Jets were coming off losing their star QB. By this point, you know the playoff contenders. Seattle had everything to play for and gave us its best shot.

GINeric

Reaction score

Eagles loss to the Jets. We blew the Jets out.

So how are the Seahawks the best team we beat if we destroyed the same Jets team that beat the Eagles, the statistically best team in the league??

Make that make sense.....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I didn’t think it was outrageous. Actually it was on point to the narrative that’s been like a burr in our socks. I just stirred it up.

I’m more disappointed no one wanted to discuss the second part of title in locking up 5th seed. Lol
How about this for a narrative, there are only 4 NFC Teams with a winning record.

Loso86

Reaction score
Exactly right. The only reason these narratives exist is the Cowboys haven’t had that level of success.

The only way it ends is to kick down the door.

I had a thread last week on how to end these narratives.
Only way to end is win rather by 1 or 100. Either way some will still discredit

coult44

Reaction score
You must have missed my intent. Actually the Egirls have won 13 consecutive regular season games against winning record teams I read.
You said it wasn’t a “dominate performance that would bring confidence”. The Eagles haven’t had many dominant performances this season. They are finding ways to win. To me, that’s as good as being dominant. But they barely beat teams but show up really confident the next week. How is that?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
that was a great win, DAk said "ok the defense took the night off" and he showed his mettle PArsons played well, Fergie, but Carrol had his team dialed in. they outcoached Dan Quinn and fought MM to the end. A real hard fought match that records dont indicate. great win by the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You said it wasn’t a “dominate performance that would bring confidence”. The Eagles haven’t had many dominant performances this season. They are finding ways to win. To me, that’s as good as being dominant. But they barely beat teams but show up really confident the next week. How is that?
I don’t recall saying that. At least not in that context.