Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep,
If 4 years of 2-15 netted the TEAM a Mahomes or Burrow prospect at QB instead of sticking with SleepNumber's proven ceiling.
Yep, waiting those 4 years for the ultimate improvement of the team far outweighs waiting on a ceiling thats already been reached by the incumbent and continuing to overpay.

Yep,
Team over Dak.
A risk and/or sacrifice needs to be made at Daks expense for the current and future improvement of this team.
Simple as that.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Yep,
If 4 years of 2-15 netted the TEAM a Mahomes or Burrow prospect at QB instead of sticking with SleepNumber's proven ceiling.
Yep, waiting those 4 years for the ultimate improvement of the team far outweighs waiting on a ceiling thats already been reached by the incumbent and continuing to overpay.

Yep,
Team over Dak.
A risk and/or sacrifice needs to be made at Daks expense for the betterment of this team.
Simple as that.
Silly Boy 4 years of 2-15 LMAO

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Carson Wentz was the Eagles' previous franchise quarterback. Philadelphia drafted Clayton Thorson with a fifth round pick in 2019. Thorson was the only quarterback drafted during Wentz's five seasons.

Since 2010, the Eagles have invested fewer backup quarterback draft picks during the Howie Roseman's general manager/vice-president of football operations era, with a franchise quarterback on their roster, than Jones has with Dallas on average during his tenure under the same circumstance.

For Philadelphia's sake, Tanner McKee must prove to be a more capable acquisition than Thorson. He has barely worked out as practice squad material. Heck. The Commanders are the only NFC East team that has not waived Thorson off their practice squad during the past four years, lol.

There may be another team with a young (or even older) franchise quarterback, who drafted a quality backup. Philadelphia cannot be counted as one of those teams in my opinion, at least not until McKee shakes out as a viable backup to Jalen Hurts.
Valid points but why not try to address the QB position every year ?what if Dak injured and out of the season?
As for Tanner he might end up as the real deal if they are lucky or a total bust but at least they try

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Valid points but why not try to address the QB position every year ?what if Dak injured and out of the season?
As for Tanner he might end up as the real deal if they are lucky or a total bust but at least they try
I am a proponent of investing a draft pick, mid-to-late rounder, either every draft or at the very least every other draft. My answers are always based on what I think is bouncing around inside Jones' skull. I do not prefer dealing with what ifs when an individual as inflexible as Jones has dictated player acquisitions for going on four straight decades.

Why has Jones not addressed the quarterback position every season or every other season, etc.? My answer: Because he believes he is a qualified judge of quarterbacks capable of helping lead a team to a championship. Thus investing in a highly regarded quarterback prospect who will challenge his recognized best player at the position is redundant and inefficient use of draft capital.

What does Jones think of losing Prescott for a significant number of games or the entire season? My answer: He believes he has done the hard part in okaying the best quarterback to do the job. The responsibility is left to those telling him how his team can win games without his starting quarterback and they are the ones at fault if the contingency plan does not succeed. Plus, Jones has an old NCAA/NFL mindset that the best players can perform well through injury. His expectation may be unrealistic but it is what he believes. You know. The same guy who approves all player acquisition and retention decisions in the end.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you are underestimating Tanner he is way better than both
It’s not about who’s better. We don’t know who’s better. They invested higher draft capital in the qb position. It is what it is I know you won’t admit this take is a bit much.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I am a proponent of investing a draft pick, mid-to-late rounder, either every draft or at the very least every other draft. My answers are always based on what I think is bouncing around inside Jones' skull. I do not prefer dealing with what ifs when an individual as inflexible as Jones has dictated player acquisitions for going on four straight decades.

Why has Jones not addressed the quarterback position every season or every other season, etc.? My answer: Because he believes he is a qualified judge of quarterbacks capable of helping lead a team to a championship. Thus investing in a highly regarded quarterback prospect who will challenge his recognized best player at the position is redundant and inefficient use of draft capital.

What does Jones think of losing Prescott for a significant number of games or the entire season? My answer: He believes he has done the hard part in okaying the best quarterback to do the job. The responsibility is left to those telling him how his team can win games without his starting quarterback and they are the ones at fault if the contingency plan does not succeed. Plus, Jones has an old NCAA/NFL mindset that the best players can perform well through injury. His expectation may be unrealistic but it is what he believes. You know. The same guy who approves all player acquisition and retention decisions in the end.
That's why we will be at best a decent team but not good enough to advance

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Yep,
I'd take 0-17 if it netted the Cowboys a Mahomes or Burrow.

But lots of people like Jerry would rather stick with his current success plan at the QB position.
I got you. I just wouldn't . but that's cool, difference of opinion. No guarantee that that's going to net you a Mahomes or a Burrow. Even if it gets you someone as skilled

You still need Oline , RB WR Such as Chase

IMHO Tanking is for losers, you admit that the only way to get better is to lose.

I don't get down like that.

Example I have a Good House, not an elite house but top 10 ish , Burn it down with the hopes of the insurance money. Then I get the money rebuild and it's a Drafty home, Cost Goo Gobs of money to heat

And the foundation is screwed. No thanks I'll ride with what I got.

You'll sell your soul for a QB, I don't think its all that important. Team game and all

sbark

Reaction score
No hidden S2 test diamonds in the rough I guess

Maybe they could give Dak that S2 test.....and then coach him up on areas he was weak on....

Doesn’t just have to be on college rookies

But make it a surprise pop quiz

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
need proof Daks the highest tenured starting qb left in the league LOL let that sink in hes still on his same team the longest..
a lot of people feel our FO is dysfunctional . That good decisions are hard to come by.

So juts because Dak is still here...is proof of...what? A contract we can't get out of? A pet project? Playoff success?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
How come the Eagles drafted in the 6th round a good QB ( Tanner Mckee) while they have new young QB for years to come?
They are proactive and we are reactive
The Eagles are a more complete team. Dallas has too many areas of need.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Face it! Until Dallas drafts a top talent at QB they will always be 1 and done. People think the NFC is wide open now that Rodgers is gone but look out for Seattle and Detroit.