Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why do people keep bringing up that there was nobody available to replace Dak and that chances are good that even the top guys drafted won't be as good as Dak. Were talking about 12 points this past year and 17 points the year before when they had Amari Cooper. That 2021 loss to the 49ers Dak managed 7 points through 3 quarters of football. That is pathetic. And if I'm not mistaken without the defense getting a big turnover in each of those games Daks scoring total would be even lower. Anyone that doesn't believe those numbers can't be replaced needs thier mouth washed out with soap. Who gives a crap about those 50 point wins in the division. That means nothing when facing a good playoff team. It's almost a crime the Cowboys didn't give Rush a chance to play. I mean Dak did nothing.

kevm3

Reaction score
Why do people keep bringing up that there was nobody available to replace Dak and that chances are good that even the top guys drafted won't be as good as Dak. Were talking about 12 points this past year and 17 points the year before when they had Amari Cooper. That 2021 loss to the 49ers Dak managed 7 points through 3 quarters of football. That is pathetic. And if I'm not mistaken without the defense getting a big turnover in each of those games Daks scoring total would be even lower. Anyone that doesn't believe those numbers can't be replaced needs thier mouth washed out with soap. Who gives a crap about those 50 point wins in the division. That means nothing when facing a good playoff team. It's almost a crime the Cowboys didn't give Rush a chance to play. I mean Dak did nothing.
So a rookie is going to come in here and light up the scoreboard against one of the best defenses in the NFL in the playoffs?

Dak also had a top 3 offense in back to back years

kevm3

Reaction score
A 6th round QB is proof you're proactive? That's equivalent to a undrafted free agent almost lol. Two rounds away. Cowboys literally drafted Mike White years ago in the 4th round lol. Took Dinucci as well. And Rush was better than all of them.
Exactly. We burnt picks before on QBs and they didn't stick on the team. When we're trying to win an SB, burning one of your top 4 picks on what will be a backup when you already have a serviceable backup doesn't make any sense.

If Dak sucks, then we'll use a high pick on our next guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. We burnt picks before on QBs and they didn't stick on the team. When we're trying to win an SB, burning one of your top 4 picks on what will be a backup when you already have a serviceable backup doesn't make any sense.

That's what I'm trying to get them to understand. IT doesn't make sense to draft a QB high right now. The plan is to do it right when you are about to let Dak walk. But even then.....I'd personally do it after Dak walks. Whenever they make the decision to let Dak walk...stink the next season and have your say in whatever QB you want in the draft. Instead of wasting 2nd or 3rd rounders on guys that won't beat Dak out. Let's just be honest here.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak Haters....Hi :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Miserable existence!!

I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE GET THE NEXT QB1!

Your opinions are excluded from the respectful QB discourse..

Mayonnaise in Coffee and Raisins in Potatoes salad is a red flag!! It's bad for QB room...:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to get them to understand. IT doesn't make sense to draft a QB high right now. The plan is to do it right when you are about to let Dak walk. But even then.....I'd personally do it after Dak walks. Whenever they make the decision to let Dak walk...stink the next season and have your say in whatever QB you want in the draft. Instead of wasting 2nd or 3rd rounders on guys that won't beat Dak out. Let's just be honest here.
Exactly lets not waste 2 years of a rookie deal QB dealing with the cap hit...if the plan is to win with a rookie QB on a rookie deal then doing it while paying of the Dak debt doesnt make sense.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much someone will be released thats good. Malik Willis players like that

Hadenough

Reaction score
So a rookie is going to come in here and light up the scoreboard against one of the best defenses in the NFL in the playoffs?

Dak also had a top 3 offense in back to back years
He couldn't of done any worse. Where was this top offense in both 49er games? It disappears for multiple quarters. Purdy outplayed Dak!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
A 6th round QB is proof you're proactive? That's equivalent to a undrafted free agent almost lol. Two rounds away. Cowboys literally drafted Mike White years ago in the 4th round lol. Took Dinucci as well. And Rush was better than all of them.
My point is they are trying they take chances and we don't

morat1959

Reaction score

What’s Dak’s playoff record?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan but you have to be somewhat realistic. We are stuck with Dak and he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Drafting a replacement was never a consideration this year.
Philly has a younger better QB than Dak yet they drafted another one?
It will come to hunt us not having an insurance at the QB position.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Exactly. They don’t see that though.
Ohh they see it, again there are a very vocal few that would be cool with 4 years of 2-15 if they could boast how Dak is gone and anyone who like him is "Wrong"...but yet they will tell you how YOU are a Dak over Cowboys fan..lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly has a younger better QB than Dak yet they drafted another one?
It will come to hunt us not having an insurance at the QB position.
Carson Wentz was the Eagles' previous franchise quarterback. Philadelphia drafted Clayton Thorson with a fifth round pick in 2019. Thorson was the only quarterback drafted during Wentz's five seasons.

Since 2010, the Eagles have invested fewer backup quarterback draft picks during the Howie Roseman's general manager/vice-president of football operations era, with a franchise quarterback on their roster, than Jones has with Dallas on average during his tenure under the same circumstance.

For Philadelphia's sake, Tanner McKee must prove to be a more capable acquisition than Thorson. He has barely worked out as practice squad material. Heck. The Commanders are the only NFC East team that has not waived Thorson off their practice squad during the past four years, lol.

There may be another team with a young (or even older) franchise quarterback, who drafted a quality backup. Philadelphia cannot be counted as one of those teams in my opinion, at least not until McKee shakes out as a viable backup to Jalen Hurts.