Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

Bizwah

Reaction score
They just hate on Dak. Same posters hated on Romo and, if they are old enough, they probably hated Troy

What they are suggesting is that we completely trash any hopes of a Super Bowl by starting what are the equivalent of NFL scrubs.

They are idiots. Don’t engage them.
I'll never forget Aikman getting booed in Texas Stadium toward the end of his career.

Sad, the hate we have for our own. Even the greats. Sometimes I think we Cowboy fans are all the bad things other fans say about us.

Shane612

Reaction score
Just fire up your xbox and get it done! Jesus anyone who actually thought they would do this doesnt pay attention..."I hate Dak waste all the young talent you have on defense and screw the cap because well I hate Dak" Use your head man, Dak isnt going anywhere for 2 more years unless you want to see #11 and many others also moved..besides this years QB field was very "Pie in the sky" on all but maybe 3 anyone else has basically the same chance of being an NFL starter that someone they pick up today would have.
A little competition for Dak is a good idea, or is Dak mentally too fragile to handle it?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Levis was there at 1, Hooker at 2.
so if they turn out to be like a high percentage of failed qbs like say sam Darnold, zach wilson, Paxton lynch and worse trey lance etc etc then what we have to build team FOR this year now your dream scenario 2 years from now. to compete this year a BU qb taken that high is too much or a risk to be waste.. jeez. it would take me 4 hours to research all the top 3 rounds NFL qb failures from the draft's its that bad..

ask Denver, indy, Cleveland , Washington, jets, Tennessee, Miami and others how hard i tis to find starting qb in this league through the draft,

theres a reason the Giants signed Jones to a contract he didn't deserve, they know more then you , qbs are hard to find.. you dont waste picks when you have a good starter already under contract on big deal. dak has 2 years left most likely..

need proof Daks the highest tenured starting qb left in the league LOL let that sink in hes still on his same team the longest..

csirl

Reaction score
2 x QBs selected just before our 4th round pick. The rest of the league is playing with us.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Tell me you don’t understand football and team building without telling me you don’t understand football and team building.
I know right? QBs are hit and miss so it pays to try every year for that diamond in the rough. People that don’t understand that don’t understand team building.

morat1959

Reaction score
IMO when JJ speaks, things happen. If JJ wanted a QB to come in and challenge Dak, it would get done. This the last 25 plus years.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How do you know who is and is not an upgrade? That’s just silly.
Exactly. When they were drafted all the experts were gushing over Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Marcus Mariota, Josh Rosen, etc.. At least the Cowboys know what they have in Dak.

morat1959

Reaction score
Do you guys study these guys after they are drafted? 50% that ONE of them will be at the same level as Dak (top 5 to 15). About a 10 % chance or less ONE of them will be elite. Picking at #26 the chances were 1% or less. If one of these QBS is going to be better than Dak- which history says is unlikely anyway, they went in the first four picks.

We have a good QB, last year we only had one legit WR, why waste a pick on a QB that will very likely bust when we can just give our good QB another weapon?
We’ve been giving him weapons for 7 years. He’s proven he can’t get us there no matter what you put around him. You’ve got to bring in competition every year via FA and the draft. Take a flyer on a QB. What can it hurt? They don’t want anyone to challenge Dak. It may fracture his little ego.

morat1959

Reaction score
Yeah,
the same way the current third tier QB is ascending toward future playoff success.

Definitely stick with his proven playoff ceiling rather than risk it to get better.

Going with the same QB over and over and expecting different results defines insanity.

But I guess Jerry's hypnotist potion is pretty effective on a select few.
Insanity is how I’d define this entire organization since Jimmy left and JJ took full control.

JayFord

Reaction score
You draft Levis in the first and do what?

because a first rounder is either sitting the ENTIRE year and half the time not dressing because if Dak is hurt then Rush is starting and there NO EXCEPTION to that

this team is built to win now and it doesnt matter if you dont like Dak as the QB hes here the next 2 years at minimum