Another year not addressing QB1 deficiency

JayFord

Reaction score
This team isn’t built to win anything soon, sad really.
This team is built to win a superbowl right now at this very moment

them not getting it done doesnt mean they arent built to win it...you dont stick a rookie in this position.....

Maybe Dak isnt the guy who knows but back to back 12-5 seasons gives hope and i know rush won 4 of those games last year

Trajan

Reaction score
This team is built to win a superbowl right now at this very moment

them not getting it done doesnt mean they arent built to win it...you dont stick a rookie in this position.....

Maybe Dak isnt the guy who knows but back to back 12-5 seasons gives hope and i know rush won 4 of those games last year
I do hope so, and would love for the players like Micah and Kearse who really want to win to get a ring, they deserve it.

Honestly, I’m just jaded with the Jones family who don’t seem to take the football seriously, just the marketing and billions of dollars it brings them seriously. If the owners are not committed to wining, why should I be ?

kskboys

Reaction score
I was screaming about drafting a QB that they liked in the 3rd or 4th round. They had several opportunities to draft one. Look, get a kid in that has certain qualities and start familiarizing him with the system.
Clayton Tune.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We are an ant amongst billions of ant piles. We, individually, are nothing to the Cowboys organization. The Cowboys obviously like him. I've complained about it for decades and I'm simply tired.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Simply no true. Look at recent years - % of 1st round QBs who are expected to be their team's 2023 starter:

2022 - 1/1 100%
2021 - 4/5 80%
2020 - 4/4 100%
2019 - 2/3 67%

Last 4 years 11/13 - 85%.

QB drafting has got very good in recent years.
You can't be serious!!!!! LMAO !!!!! Talk about skewed stats 85% are starters, How many of them outperformed Dak ?

Gawd what a gullible breed

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When will the Cowboys QB phobia stop? Will we draft a QB in the mid rounds today?

Had 2 chances to get one of the 4 elite rated prospects this year - could have used our 1st pick or traded up to early in the 2nd.

Ironically, our kryptonite Aaron Rodgers is being replaced by a QB we could have drafted without giving up much in draft capital.

Its not just about Dak. We have the weakest QB room in the NFL. As well as he played, I dont rate Rush as more than a solid 3rd stringer.

We have a talented overall roster good enough to win the SB..........but have no strength or depth a QB. I like the players we drafted, but will any improve the team more than adding an elite QB?

P.s. dont give me the 'first round QBs dont always work out' line. You have to try.
I agree, but do you really think Jerry is going to do ANYTHING that would in the slightest bit bring controversy to an already mediocre but mega-rich QB, thereby suggesting that Jerry made a mistake?

Rayman70

Reaction score
this years class was frankly, awful. But I think we will address this before camp and sign a guy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When will the Cowboys QB phobia stop? Will we draft a QB in the mid rounds today?
Hoodie keeps em coming.

The annoying thing is Jerry has had plenty of success taking down roster QBs, but doesn't continue to try.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There is no Mahomes in this draft.
I’m not a fan of this mentality. There was no Mahomes in Mahomes’ draft either until we saw him play at the NFL level. Drew Brees wasn’t supposed to be Drew Brees, Jalen Hurts wasn’t supposed to be Jalen Hurts, and even Dak Prescott wasn’t supposed to be anything close to Dak Prescott.

We can’t know what we don’t know. Maybe the odds aren’t great, but it’s guaranteed you’ll never get that guy if you don’t try

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
We are kinda locked into Dak as QB… for the near-future - might as well get used to the concept.
With that being a cold-hard fact - why blow a late pick on a directional college QB?

Use that pick on a developmental player with upside and pick up a backup QB from among the castoffs with legit NFL experience. Cuz, when it comes down to it, I really don’t wanna see a 4-7TH round rookie STARTING for the Dallas Cowboys.
I get that Dak was a 4TH - but he’s the EXCEPTION and not the rule.

Big D

Reaction score
So, after all this hoopla from the resident qb gurus we've got a list consisting of Levis, Hooker, and Tune. :laugh: I guess we'll rue this day after they begin to set the league on fire.

csirl

Reaction score
14 QBs taken in the draft. Nearly half the teams in the league. Many by teams who have good starters. Yet we do nothing. The phobia continues.......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Levis was there at 1, Hooker at 2.
Are you building for the future or building to make a run. Some fans want to rebuild by drafting QB in round 1 but when you were in second round of playoffs its hard to argue for building towards future. First round picks for a playoff team are to pay immediate dividend.

With our run defense struggles in second half of the season, a run defender at DT was the right choice