Any Person Drooling Over Lincoln Riley

rxdoc

Reaction score
One game does not define a season or career... but LSU has totally dominated this game....

Sooners look absolutely overwhelmed and out coached and totally unprepared.... sound familiar....

I would be extremely cautious bringing Riley in here.....

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If the Cowboys want Riley, they should have him. After another playoff whooping, he knows he will never win it all at OU. Time to move on to the NFL

cowboyec

Reaction score
as an Ou fan I believe what Im seeing is a discrepency in talent...not coaching.

if Riley comes here....pretty sure his athletes are better than what he'd work with college.

and despite this *** kickin'....I take him all day over Garrett returning.....or a Kellen Moore promotion.

DFWJC

Reaction score
it’s true...he had weeks to prepare and his genius offense looks bad aside from just throwing it up to ceedee lamb. john rhys plumlee destroyed this lsu defense and he has jalen hurts and they can’t do any thing...idc about the missed p.i either!

guy getting ejected for a targeting, missing ints, team does not look prepared and look rattled and scared...seems familiar!
Like I say (and every other coach and actual player)...PLAYERS win games. Coaches help but sorry, OU is totally outmanned here.
And OU was definitely not a top 4 team and everyone knew it.

Having said that, this silliness of fawning over college coaches is a bit over the top.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Definitely hope they don’t get Riley. The defense will continue to struggle under him.
no....because the talent on that side of the ball is better here than in Norman.
they can keep firing DCs every year....it is a talent problem on defense.
the recruiting classes are over-rated.
the high school players here in Oklahoma on the defensive side are just not that good as they used to be.

Sully

Reaction score
It's is currently halftime of the LSU / Oklahoma game where the Sooners are getting crushed. 49-14

Here is the concern....
Riley is coaching in the BIG 12, where defense really isn't on display. It's high scoring.
Coach Riley has no NFL experience with a good offensive mind ( for college).
If Coach Riley happens to be the next Dallas coach, will the Cowboys be like the AirCoryell San Diego Chargers? High scoring with no defense.

Johnny23

Reaction score
as an Ou fan I believe what Im seeing is a discrepency in talent...not coaching.

if Riley comes here....pretty sure his athletes are better than what he'd work with college.

and despite this *** kickin'....I take him all day over Garrett returning.....or a Kellen Moore promotion.
Coach O is better than Riley. He has his guys compete and locked in. Coaching at this level makes up for the talent discrepancy. It's a combination of both. LSU is on a mission and they have been hitting on all cylinders.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Coach O is better than Riley. He has his guys compete and locked in. Coaching at this level makes up for the talent discrepancy. It's a combination of both. LSU is on a mission and they have been hitting on all cylinders.
we havent had play-makers on defense since Roy Williams,Terrance Marshall,Derrick Strait,Tommie Harris,etc.

Talent wins ball games.
We(Ou) ain't got it.
here and there.
but 2-3 deep like Lsu...no.
the talent level at Oklahoma HS's is not what it was in the 90's/early 00's.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
One game does not define a season or career... but LSU has totally dominated this game....

Sooners look absolutely overwhelmed and out coached and totally unprepared.... sound familiar....

I would be extremely cautious bringing Riley in here.....

It isn't just about this game. Go watch the playoff game against Bama last year. That is my point. College football is a different animal to where tons of good teams rack up so many wins against inferior competition. I don't care what Lincoln does against junk teams in the Big 12 or out of conference. What does he do when his offenses go up against defenses that are physical, have speed and talent. They look terrible. It is not a fluke. And he's gotten to use 3 Heisman QBs in a row. Same result all them years.

People need to slow their roll to a halt to say this dude is some offensive genius. He's not. He's using the same offense Leach/Stoops created and feasts off his 5 star talented team playing vastly inferior teams.

Johnny23

Reaction score
we havent had play-makers on defense since Roy Williams,Terrance Marshall,Derrick Strait,Tommie Harris,etc.

Talent wins ball games.
We(Ou) ain't got it.
here and there.
but 2-3 deep like Lsu...no.
the talent level at Oklahoma HS's is not what it was in the 90's/early 00's.
You still gotta coach 'em and OU is supposed to be a national brand like SC. I casually follow LSU they have underachieved with more talented teams under Les Miles recently. Ed Orgeron is a phenomenal coach who is LSU to the core and gets the horses.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People will get caught up in the moment and say he sucks right now but they would be wrong.

He is a brilliant offensive play designer.

My problem with him is overall game management.

The conference he plays in doesn’t make him have to call the game in a NFL type of way for 4 quarters.

I’ve watched him call games where he basically leaves the defense hanging out to dry.

I just think at this stage that the Dallas Cowboy job is way too big for him and he isn’t ready and on top of that he shouldn’t leave his cushy college job.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just thinking the same thing.... was gonna make a similar post.....

Riley looks to be out coached for the moment... LSU having their way with them....

To be fair thought the Sooner had a horrendous punt setting up one LSU score and the officials missed a very obvious PI call against LSU which would have given the Sooners real good field position...

Its 49-14. Pretty sure its not simply one or 2 bad breaks.