Video: Anybody else tired of hearing about Dak's "leadership"?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I am definately tired of hearing ANYTHING about or seeing ANYTHING from him other than on gameday. Heck even from before or after a game. I want him to shup up, I want the media to shut up (about him), all I wanna see is what he can do in games. Whatever happens outside those couple of game hours each week is absolutely not interesting anymore if it ever was. Especially anything not football related.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
(Rockport..please ignore my post....we know how each other feels about this)

"Leadership" is about more than pats on the butt and new Nikes. It's about more than just sayin the company line. It's about more than just doing your job and showing up for work. It's a very difficult thing to be a true leader. It's risky. There's often some unpleasantness. You do things above your ability and inspire others to do the same.

I am not sure that I have seen that from Dak. And he doesn't HAVE to for us to win. He can just do his job and that;s fine.

But I do have to roll eyes every time I see someone say it's one of his best traits. We might be in trouble if that's the case.

Now Micah....on the other hand...truly inspires!

IMHO of course.

If Micah inspires the team, they will never win a championship. It takes more than individual stats and great quotes. Neither Micah nor Dak possess the ability to move men to run through brick walls. I like both players and am glad they are on the Cowboys.

The defense does not feed off of Dak, nor does the offense feed off of Micah on defense. To me they both flicker, but this team needs a flame. Please don't start throwing stats at me, they remain throughout wins and losses. Players influence wins and losses.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Micah inspires the team, they will never win a championship. It takes more than individual stats and great quotes. Neither Micah nor Dak possess the ability to move men to run through brick walls. I like both players and am glad they are on the Cowboys.

The defense does not feed off of Dak, nor does the offense feed off of Micah on defense. To me they both flicker, but this team needs a flame. Please don't start throwing stats at me, they remain throughout wins and losses. Players influence wins and losses.
What makes you think I'll throw stats? Leadership is not defined by just stats.

I believe a QB certainly *CAN* inspire defense. I'm not sure if Dak does it or not. If you watch those "sounds of the sidelines" or whatever it's called...most of the defense watches the offense and they get excited with good plays. If the offense plays ball control (top), makes good plays...SCORES....it helps the defense and they know it. See 2016.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he retires without leading us to a ring then he will be like Romo and many other QB’s to play the game..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it’s one giant conspiracy within the Cowboy’s organization to make Dak seem like a leader? This has to be the silliest thing I’ve ever heard.
It's not a conspiracy...it's what a team does.

DO you bad mouth people at work you don't like? Some people do, sure.... but not the the news media. Not at the open company meetings.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes you think I'll throw stats? Leadership is not defined by just stats.

I believe a QB certainly *CAN* inspire defense. I'm not sure if Dak does it or not. If you watch those "sounds of the sidelines" or whatever it's called...most of the defense watches the offense and they get excited with good plays. If the offense plays ball control (top), makes good plays...SCORES....it helps the defense and they know it. See 2016.

Of course there are momentum swings during games, but can they be sustainable is what I am referring.

morat1959

Reaction score
Considering the fact that the Jones' were the GM and Garrett the coach Dak's titles are a Herculean accomplishment. Forget the ROH. Dak needs to be awarded his own constellation.
Dak doesn’t have any titles.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

Yep, I can feel .
Dak has been talking a lot but not showing much on the field, I was really really disappointed in the Tampa game. Hope watching Cooper direct the minimal but effective offense to win the games might have opened his mental game and he should realize ,what he needs to do win…

Mr_437

Reaction score
They love the intangibles. Still waiting on someone to say what Dak does well as a football skill set.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And of course the eagles running the ball down our throats when it really mattered and the D being unable to stop it was a nothingburger, right.
The Dak fanboys virus is really sad.

I just pointing out that past history based on stats indicate Dak wins that type of game well over 90% of the time.

The defense held the Eagles to 268 total yards.

The only reason the defense gave up 26 points was due to the Eagles getting the ball with a very short field 3 times as a result of INTs and the failed 4th down attempt.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They love the intangibles. Still waiting on someone to say what Dak does well as a football skill set.
In 2021:
#1 points scored
#2 passing yards (Brady #1)
#3 yards per play
#4 1st downs

They were also leading the league in offense at the point Dak got injured in 2020.

quickccc

Reaction score
I just pointing out that past history based on stats indicate Dak wins that type of game well over 90% of the time.

The defense held the Eagles to 268 total yards.

The only reason the defense gave up 26 points was due to the Eagles getting the ball with a very short field 3 times as a result of INTs and the failed 4th down attempt.

Despite the turnovers.. despite the short field position .. despite being limited to a limited backup QB ... the dismal offense managed to come from a 17-0 deficit, and pull within 20-17 late in 4th quarter ..

. At that moment, its' time for the defense to step up !
-We couldn't,.
-.and Eagles at one point had 11 rushing carries straight, becuz we could simply not stop them from rushing the football down our throats !
They imposed their will on us.. and we could do nuthin to stop it .. en route to a climatic finishing TD to go up 26-17

- We need to stop making excuses to cover up our defensive weakness.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
In 2021:
#1 points scored
#2 passing yards (Brady #1)
#3 yards per play
#4 1st downs

They were also leading the league in offense at the point Dak got injured in 2020.

2-3 when Dak got hurt in 2020 and in 2021 Dak was 6-0 vs. NFC East, 5-5 against the rest of the NFL, and 0-1 in the playoffs....so what did those stats ultimately mean? Squat.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2-3 when Dak got hurt in 2020 and in 2021 Dak was 6-0 vs. NFC East, 5-5 against the rest of the NFL, and 0-1 in the playoffs....so what did those stats ultimately mean? Squat.
The near guaranteed win formula with Dak at QB;
Cowboys rush for over 100 yards.

Cowboys defense allows less than 140 yards rushing.

That was the formula with Aikman also...

In the playoff game vs the Niners:
- Cowboys rush 77 yards
- Cowboys allow 169 yards rushing.

It was a 6 point win by the Niners.
- If the Cowboys achieve just 1 of the 2 requirements that I listed, they likely win that game.

The #1 overall issue in 2021 losses were penalties.
- Both the Cowboys offense and defense led the league in penalties.

The winning formula for the playoffs at this point might be getting the bye. They were very banged up going into last season's playoff game. Tyron was terrible in that game due to the bad ankle.