Video: Anybody else tired of hearing about Dak's "leadership"?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
He's a great leader as long as you don't ask what he's ever led a team to.

Romo didn't have leadership skills but had most of the other skills and where did that lead us to?

It takes leadership AND skills like Aikman and Staubach had. Romo could never lead us anywhere and as of right now Dak hasn't either. But the BIG difference is that Romo's legacy is already set in stone as a big failure, while Dak is still carving out his. After Dak takes off his Cowboys jersey for the last time and his legacy is set in stone as big failure like Romo, I'll call Dak a big failure too. But in the meantime I'm going to support him 100 percent (like I did Romo) unlike about 20 people here.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
This is very accurate if we ignore that Dak made exactly 2.7 million dollars in total from 2016 thru 2019.

Great observation though.

Ahahahahaha. He also could have been paid earlier but chose not to sign a new contract. Then he held out and got tagged. So maybe next time try and come up with a better comeback, that one lacked sizzle and football knowledge.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Best way to predict the future is base it on the past...which is why stats and analytics exist. No reasonable person would choose Garrapolo over Dak if they looked at past stats. Narrow it down to who beats tougher teams...I still dont think you choose Jimmy G if he lead in that stat.

That 49ers defense is what beat us and beat Green Bay. We had no sacks and not a whole lot of pressure while the 49ers sacked Dak 5 times and had him running for his life many times. After that first Green Bay drive they shut down The Great Aaron "Generational QB" Rodgers. But nobody talks about The Great Aaron "Gerational QB" Rodgers choking again at home. I don't think Aaron choked because he ran into a better team like we did. I just say that because the Dak haters here said Dak choked.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Yeah I would much rather we traded up our future that year for Carson Wince - cause he was so highly touted as a great passer and blah blah blah - or maybe the great Paxton Lynch

Ken

Reaction score
Ahahahahaha. He also could have been paid earlier but chose not to sign a new contract. Then he held out and got tagged. So maybe next time try and come up with a better comeback, that one lacked sizzle and football knowledge.
You mean like hold out like Zeke did a year early? That kind of paid early?

BTW, i forgot more about football than you actually know.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yep...there's the crux. Add in the "well the players say it to the reporters so it MUST be TRUE".

And we got us a cluster flub here.

In the end....I don;t think MOST people care. A few Dak enthusiasts will fight to the death about it.

I think most people just want to win.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
romo's excuse was a slick football, dak's excuse was too dumb to know the ref has to spot the ball. shrugs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

I'm tired of it too, lead us to the playoffs and more wins in the playoffs!!

lwehlers

Reaction score
i am also tired about listening to prescott about leadership too. he needs to shut up and start playing like a 40 million a year qb should play.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak is the guy in the office who brings donuts every day, always offers to drive for lunch, ya know the guy who overcompensates in unimportant areas to make up for sucking at his real job.
.....that sounds like KMoore in the QB room to get the OC job. Don't forget the good coffee that came with those donuts.