Video: Anybody else tired of hearing about Dak's "leadership"?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't know man...
It's never worked that way in ANY locker room, meeting room, deer camp, etc that I've ever been in.

What do you think would happen if James Washington was critical of Dak's leadership? Probably not going to end well for him.

Now what do think would happen if Parsons spoke critically about Dak's leadership? Definitely plays out differently but the end result is negative for everyone involved.

The point is... no matter how true it may be, there would be consequences for saying it.

Romo didn't take the leadership role seriously enough. He was criticized here on this forum and in the media. Can you provide one example of a teammate who spoke critically about his lack of leadership qualities? It would have been well deserved criticism yet we never heard a peep out of the locker room. Ya just can't do it.

Wait! Maybe TO did! How'd that work out?

Wise words passed down from the elders...

"Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see."
i just think its possible his teammates who are saying he's a leader...or as micah parsons says the heartbeat of the team...are actually saying what they believe.
i have 0 evidence they are lying.
if it was the media saying it....i wouldn't care.
but this is coming from his teammates.
im not sure folks would give a damn if they were saying this about micah parsons.
but its dak...so...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

Frankly any talk coming out of Dallas should be held in check. That includes the old drunk owner and his useless son. Just win. Claw back credibility. That should be the goal.

Rodney308

Reaction score
Another thing I don’t get…and I agree with this completely…is that I saw so many people on Twitter saying we win that Philly game with Dak easily!? Umm did they not watch the TB game or end of last season. When did Dak turn into Staubach?

Ummmmm, and just as you point to games that Dak did not play well in; I can point to games where Dak played extremely well in.

raven55

Reaction score
leadership is the only hat they can hang on a loser and the reason i say that what great game againist a playoff caliber team has he ever showed up in. most of his yards come from a depleted team or won that's just plain out struggling. Everybody is saying it would be a different out come if he was playing in the last eagles game and the biggest answer if you look at all the angles is NO. First of all his ball skills are lacking and have been ever since he was given the job and as far as reading defenses forget it and all this sums up in one word backup. you can throw the ball from goal to goal but what you do with it in between is what counts. i have no doubt that the lions will struggle a little and dak will get his yards but later on when dallas gets to be a wild card and it counts he will have problems again COUNT ON IT

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
No, but I do get tired of hearing trolls constantly whine about Dak.

Go find another team!
If your tried, go to bed.

A real leader says the things like Rush did "The defense won this game"

Or like Romo said in 2016 when he said Dak earned the right to start.

Dak takes back handed shots like...My balls have a lot of pop on them...Referring to Rush's velocity being slower than his...Or the offense will really pick up when I get back...another back handed shot...Don't forget Dez when he said what to I have to do, hand the ball to referring to a Dez drop.

Dak is an insecure baby, not a leader.

So you go find another team...lol...I laugh at people who say that...If you don't agree with me, go find another team. Are you going to take your ball with you and go home if everyone doesn't agree with you?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Ummmmm, and just as you point to games that Dak did not play well in; I can point to games where Dak played extremely well in.

That’s not the point. I’m not Anti-Dak. I’m been completely fair with him and have always praised his strengths and pointed out areas he needs to step up. The point was people are inflating what he’d bring to a game when the other team would have a completely different game plan snd there is no guarantee he shows up. He’s not a once in a decade guy. He’s a very good player at times that is better than our backups.

Qcard

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

Oopps. Players didn't RSVP Cooper Rush's claim to QB1??:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Your brand of Football died in the 20th Century....

Leadership is Everything....today's players play for relationships....$$$ soon to be guaranteed :starspin:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This forum is filled w/more "haters" than Cowboys fans. Change my mind!
Why would a devoted Cowboys fan be tired of hearing how good their QB is?

Only pathetic trolls get upset at such things.
:hammer:
Can I marry you?! ♡ :muttley:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
naw, who could forget some of his sayings?
I'm a big mofo, look at me in Panama
I'm ready to win now. after getting paid
poop on his ball,
etc etc.....

yep, he's awesome, so awesome we need Moore to dumb it down so dak can just be a bus driver.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Church of Dak says this because there is nothing tangible to prove this. He has really led them to nothing and his play certainly hasn’t spoken for itself at least not in terms of leading a team. I mean did that TB game inspire confidence in his leadership? How about the game against the 49ers?

75boyz

Reaction score
Leadership seems to be a very subjective term with many different meanings here.

Some take it at face value that the leader's performance will be positive in leading the rest of the team to victory.

Others lead by supporting fans to throw things at referees.

Since we can't have the former type I guess we'll hafta accept the latter type.* Shrugs *

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i just think its possible his teammates who are saying he's a leader...or as micah parsons says the heartbeat of the team...are actually saying what they believe.
i have 0 evidence they are lying.
if it was the media saying it....i wouldn't care.
but this is coming from his teammates.
im not sure folks would give a damn if they were saying this about micah parsons.
but its dak...so...
Let's just say...for the sake of conversation....someone didn't think Dak was this great leader. I mean...it can happen...could happen...right?

Would they say it to a reporter?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leadership seems to be a very subjective term with many different meanings here.

Some take it at face value that the leader's performance will be positive in leading the rest of the team to victory.

Others lead by supporting fans to throw things at referees.

Since we can't have the former type I guess we'll hafta accept the latter type.* Shrugs *
Yep...there's the crux. Add in the "well the players say it to the reporters so it MUST be TRUE".

And we got us a cluster flub here.

In the end....I don;t think MOST people care. A few Dak enthusiasts will fight to the death about it.

I think most people just want to win.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Dak is the cowboy outrage machine.

What nonsense do they have me pointed at today?

Leadership?

Well I’ve it up to hear with that quality of his!

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::huh::facepalm:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202201160dal.htm

With a comment like that I'm not sure of your mental capability. But if you can comprehend what you read have a look at the stats and go look in the mirror while doing so because lying to yourself is foolish.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::huh::facepalm:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202201160dal.htm

With a comment like that I'm not sure of your mental capability. But if you can comprehend what you read have a look at the stats and go look in the mirror while doing so because lying to yourself is foolish.

Best way to predict the future is base it on the past...which is why stats and analytics exist. No reasonable person would choose Garrapolo over Dak if they looked at past stats. Narrow it down to who beats tougher teams...I still dont think you choose Jimmy G if he lead in that stat.