Are Cowboys a destination HC’s would want?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The OP is yet another stealth Garrett defense: "No one good would come here so we should be happy with Garrett."

Many Garrett fans would/will be so disappointed if another coach came in here and actually got improved results.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense of Garrett seems to come down to this belief that he gets his players to play hard. Is that his job? See many players not playing hard? If you had a camera on every move you made wouldn't you play hard?

The job is getting them to play well and I cannot give him a passing grade on that. If the definition of coaching is putting your players in their best position to be successful, then he is a failure.

I want a change but I am not wanting that enough to endure a crappy season to achieve that. I am not that down on him as to punish myself and I really don't think those that state that really mean that, just boiled over frustration.

CWR

Reaction score
I’m not sure that popularity translates into popular HC position if that’s your intent?

My point was in regard to winning in Dallas being the same as winning with the Yankees or the Lackers ect. I believe it is still the same, due to our popularity. That hasn't changed imo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's fine but just remember, you're "dumb" when your opinion doesn't align with fragile fans who quake at anything that could be considered critical and don't you dare bring up old truths. You keep that up and the fan police will be knocking on your door to revoke your fan card.

I fear for you

I will endeavor to tote the party line

Heil!
No worries. Not afraid .I’ve been taking on the Homers for years. Thanks

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My point was in regard to winning in Dallas being the same as winning with the Yankees or the Lackers ect. I believe it is still the same, due to our popularity. That hasn't changed imo.
That’s fine but my point is the situation and opportunity for a Prospective HC.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No more successful than the Romo era.

There’s always the possibility new members , etc haven’t been exposed or seen my opinions. For those that have I appreciate you adding to the discussion and post counts.
All we can accurately compare in both eras is the 1st 3 seasons, even if you're unwilling to see the significance.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:facepalm: more on a subject that's been tossed about more then a single call girl at a frat party.....EVERY one knows this team is about Jeruh Jones, nothing more. It's that simple, Jimmy stole his ego when HE took credit, and rightfully so for the 90's team. This horse has been beat so much the hair is gone.
Pretty much.

I only bring it up when I see either new members or others begin discussing new prospects or hope of our owner changing his ways to bring in a legit HC.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Do borderline eglomaniacs want to coach under the brightest of lights for one of the most iconic of franchises where they would be worshiped should they restore past glory?

Is this a real question?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All we can accurately compare in both eras is the 1st 3 seasons, even if you're unwilling to see the significance.
In the end until better results come in it’s basically more of the same despite whatever more hopeful prospects they appear to be.

But that’s not what this thread is about.

CWR

Reaction score
That’s fine but my point is the situation and opportunity for a Prospective HC.

Understood, I didn't mean to get sidetracked. I was responding on your reply to another poster about the shine that comes with winning for the Dallas Cowboys.

However, I think the two are tied together. You make it in Dallas and you become a legend. Id imagine that still appeals to some coaches.

Big_D

Reaction score
There's no doubt the Cowboys can attract a legitimate HC. This is ridiculous and just a very poor reason to keep Garrett around. The notion that him and Jerry work well together, yet no results. So lets just continue to ride that out in fear of the next puppet candidate? lol The illogical choice.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this topic is so overblown, if Jerry offers the top pay to a HC old or new to the nfl they are coming..the whole puppet thing exaggerated, too much interference from Jerry Overblown, whos the real GM, I say WM and Stephen has equal input..the only coach who wouldn't work would be those demanding to eb GM and HC to control everything, most of those dont even exist anymore..
look the DC is hot spot regardless and 90% of the coaches would come here , its easy to say they wouldn't when Jerry hasn't put it out there hes looking, Garetts been here what 9 yrs now.. lots have changed since then..i think the fans are the ones saying we cant get a great coach in here if Jerry wants w=ne they are coming..but does he? what type of coach does he want next?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Understood, I didn't mean to get sidetracked. I was responding on your reply to another poster about the shine that comes with winning for the Dallas Cowboys.

However, I think the two are tied together. You make it in Dallas and you become a legend. Id imagine that still appeals to some coaches.
I suppose but the bigger issue is why would you choose this dysfunctional organization and what that entails over a more normal situation unless of course the phone wasn’t ringing?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In the end until better results come in it’s basically more of the same despite whatever more hopeful prospects they appear to be.

But that’s not what this thread is about.
But your agenda doesn't quit line up with the facts. It would be disingenuous to suggest there aren't other HC's who would want this job.
What we DO know is JG hasn't delivered a SB yet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
this topic is so overblown, if Jerry offers the top pay to a HC old or new to the nfl they are coming..the whole puppet thing exaggerated, too much interference from Jerry Overblown, whos the real GM, I say WM and Stephen has equal input..the only coach who wouldn't work would be those demanding to eb GM and HC to control everything, most of those dont even exist anymore..
look the DC is hot spot regardless and 90% of the coaches would come here , its easy to say they wouldn't when Jerry hasn't put it out there hes looking, Garetts been here what 9 yrs now.. lots have changed since then..i think the fans are the ones saying we cant get a great coach in here if Jerry wants w=ne they are coming..but does he? what type of coach does he want next?
You believe Jerry’s ready to let another proven HC come in and steal his thunder taking credit for winning a championship?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But your agenda doesn't quit line up with the facts. It would be disingenuous to suggest there aren't other HC's who would want this job.
What we DO know is JG hasn't delivered a SB yet.
My point is proven HC’s who could take more credit than Jerry if we had success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's no doubt the Cowboys can attract a legitimate HC. This is ridiculous and just a very poor reason to keep Garrett around. The notion that him and Jerry work well together, yet no results. So lets just continue to ride that out in fear of the next puppet candidate? lol The illogical choice.
What’s preventing Jerry from bringing in a legit HC?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Newbie - Yes ~ Retread - Yes
Cowboys team facilities are second to none. DFW is an attractive place to call home. No state tax. Tremendous history of success and one of the richest legacies of winning in sports. Owner not afraid to spend money on players. Recent history of drafting excellent talent. Hyper exposure for franchise.

Successful, proven winner looking for a new gig - No
Unorthodox executive structure. Owner is too cozy with players. Owner is too visible and audible. Uncertainty as to HC's influence on personnel decisions. Uncertainty as to chain of command along HC, Assistants and players lineage. Uncertainty as to the role of executives, their stature and influence. Uncertainly as to what value the executive structure sees in coaching.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My point is proven HC’s who could take more credit than Jerry if we had success.
No it's really not proven at all.

You keep repeating the same things. What proof do you have that Jones wants credit?