Are Cowboys a destination HC’s would want?

yimyammer

Reaction score
No it's really not proven at all.

You keep repeating the same things. What proof do you have that Jones wants credit?

Its plain to see for anyone willing, who's watched this jack *** since he bought the team but here's one piece of definitely proof from Bill Parcells book, Parcells: A Football Life

3ny1GYd.jpg

Should be fun to see how this gets hand waived

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course it does. You think the Cowboys are irrelevant. Winning a SB would return the Cowboys to relevancy. This makes the Cowboys a destination HC's would want to land, despite Garrett's job being secure after winning a SB.
I never said the Cowboys are irrelevant .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Add a disclaimer that says: "You can only respond to my point, even though I've repeated it 1,000 times. Conversations may not deviate."

I think the thread police can help you. God help them.
Your attempt to change my narrative will not work with me. If you don’t agree. That’s fine.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the NFL’s marquee franchise. Head coaches would definitely want to be here, if for no other reason than the huge spotlight, national media attention, and prime time games.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are the most popular and wealthiest franchise on the planet with a storybook history. In the first 30 years we went to more Super Bowls and won more playoff games than any team in league history.

What’s transpired since though has left this franchise in a most unusual situation and potential insurmountable obstacle. Winning another championship with an owner in the front office and meddling coaching staff determined to gain most of the credit as face of the franchise.

And why even if the owner didn’t dangle puppetry strings not only with his Son but coaching staff intent on gaining credit for building a championship team he didn’t earlier would the Cowboys be an attractive destination unless you couldn’t land a job elsewhere?

The Cowboys have basically been a dead end job for any HC since Jimmy left. Only Chan Gailey ever coached again in NFL after needing to revive his career in college ranks.

Do all fans realize the severity of our situation and limitations on potential prospects as long as there’s only room for one ego in Big D?

Depends.

If you have multiple offers for a HC position you may skip dallas if you want complete roster control.

If you are a 1st time head coach you take whomever will pay you to be the HC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Depends.

If you have multiple offers for a HC position you may skip dallas if you want complete roster control.

If you are a 1st time head coach you take whomever will pay you to be the HC.
Of course but a 1st time HC might not fall under proven or legit. That might fall more under , no one else is calling.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course but a 1st time HC might not fall under proven or legit. That might fall more under , no one else is calling.

Well the only coach I would say is proven would be Bill. No one else lives in the post season year in year out like the patriots.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lmao, no I'm really not.
Just a refresher since you questioned it.

The Narrative of this thread is not whether we have a good team or contender, etc . It’s about would the Cowboys attract a proven or legit HC and or would Jerry pursue one.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just a refresher since you questioned it.

The Narrative of this thread is not whether we have a good team or contender, etc . It’s about would the Cowboys attract a proven or legit HC and or would Jerry pursue one.
I answered already.

Big_D

Reaction score
Age has little to do with it. Insecurity has everything to do with it. Age is a factor because it is becoming a limited commodity.

The man is a textbook of insecurity and must constantly be reassuring himself. Biggie, do you know what the other owners of NFL teams or any sports franchises own? Neither do I but I know this one built the Star, has a chopper, built the Booger Boogie Bus at a cost of a million and bought 250M boat, why do you think we know all of that? It is textbook insecurity to try and say "look at who I am by looking at what I've got". That venue isn't a stadium, it's a living monument.

76.. clocks ticking. Even Jerry knows that. I would imagine he would like his on the field success to catch up to his stadium and his business acumen, cause right now those monuments are just a shell without the things that counted the most.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You wouldn’t consider other SB Champion HC’s proven?

not always.

Some teams have 1 good year and then rarely get back to the playoffs. I think the eagles got really really lucky but I dont see their coach as all that great. Payton is a good coach with 1 SB but hasn't done much out side of that 1 year with a HOF QB and good teams. Mike Tomlin has a SB but he's about the worst coach to win one and is worse that barry switzer since tomlin has done nothing with HOF QB, brown and bell. So yea just winning a SB is fantastic but if you cant continue to win, continue to get better, then no I don't think your ability to contend is proven beyond doubt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not always.

Some teams have 1 good year and then rarely get back to the playoffs. I think the eagles got really really lucky but I dont see their coach as all that great. Payton is a good coach with 1 SB but hasn't done much out side of that 1 year with a HOF QB and good teams. Mike Tomlin has a SB but he's about the worst coach to win one and is worse that barry switzer since tomlin has done nothing with HOF QB, brown and bell. So yea just winning a SB is fantastic but if you cant continue to win, continue to get better, then no I don't think your ability to contend is proven beyond doubt.
Where would you place Hargaugh, Payton, Carroll, McCarthy for example?

And we’ve had proven HC in NFL history who didn’t win SB’s.

I think you’d have to put a few of those in there like in Minn and KC. Even McVay now in LA I’d call legit if not proven.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where would you place Hargaugh, Payton, Carroll, McCarthy for example?

And we’ve had proven HC in NFL history who didn’t win SB’s.

I think you’d have to put a few of those in there like in Minn and KC. Even McVay now in LA I’d call legit if not proven.

No i wouldnt say McVay is proven. He has a really good staff. but to answer your question they are good coaches. Proven to me is a coach that will be in contention year in and year out, who if only him an garret were exchanged would bring about a culture of contention with this team and staff. Might say andy reid is also proven as he has built several SB contending teams even though he hasn't won. (he knows how to get there for sure)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No i wouldnt say McVay is proven. He has a really good staff. but to answer your question they are good coaches. Proven to me is a coach that will be in contention year in and year out, who if only him an garret were exchanged would bring about a culture of contention with this team and staff. Might say andy reid is also proven as he has built several SB contending teams even though he hasn't won. (he knows how to get there for sure)
I’d agree with Andy.

So, you’ve developed your own definition which only leaves room for 1 proven HC in NFL? And that’s Bilicheat?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d agree with Andy.

So, you’ve developed your own definition which only leaves room for 1 proven HC in NFL? And that’s Bilicheat?

well what good was parcels after not winning anything? Are we just wanting a HC with a big name or do we want wins? and I love parcels but really what did we get for paying him big money to come here?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well what good was parcels after not winning anything? Are we just wanting a HC with a big name or do we want wins? and I love parcels but really what did we get for paying him big money to come here?
Bill resurrected our franchise from 5-11 Funk. Our lowest point in Jerry era since 1989. That’s what we got. And set us on a course with that core talent for the next era. What we did with it from there is on us.

And that doesn’t include the turn around helping Jerry get the support he needed for new stadium.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
76.. clocks ticking. Even Jerry knows that. I would imagine he would like his on the field success to catch up to his stadium and his business acumen, cause right now those monuments are just a shell without the things that counted the most.
He hasn’t illustrated he’s interested in winning without meddling. Im not sure he’d enjoy winning and taking the role most owners do.

He certainly wasn’t happy with back to back world championship HC becoming fussy with who got more credit. Doesn’t appear Big D is big enough for two egos that size?

But no, narcissistic like Jerry think they’re going to live forever.