Are we the team to beat in the NFC East?

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Washington and New York are still a joke so it will come down to Dallas a d Philly again. It's pretty even between them.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We were the division champs last season. Everyone especially the media tends to paint the narrative that every move the teams in the NFC East are making, are to beat the Cowboys. Now we know these teams only play the cowboys twice, and they play whatever teams they have on their schedule. This can't only be about the Cowboys, or can it? Have we made enough moves to win the NFC East again? Please give your thoughts
The division champ is always the team to beat to start the next season regardless. The difference is on paper the other teams got better while its hard to see how we improved right now. However, certain players can make a jump and coaching changes can also make a difference in the results.

We did little to address RB, DT and WR and those are my biggest concerns.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
We were the division champs last season. Everyone especially the media tends to paint the narrative that every move the teams in the NFC East are making, are to beat the Cowboys. Now we know these teams only play the cowboys twice, and they play whatever teams they have on their schedule. This can't only be about the Cowboys, or can it? Have we made enough moves to win the NFC East again? Please give your thoughts
it's been a long long time since teams constructed their rosters to beat the Cowboys. We are just one of 17 during the season.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
No one is making moves based on us … Sorry Coogiguy but it’s not the 90s anymore … no one has feared us in 30 years

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The division champ is always the team to beat to start the next season regardless. The difference is on paper the other teams got better while its hard to see how we improved right now. However, certain players can make a jump and coaching changes can also make a difference in the results.

We did little to address RB, DT and WR and those are my biggest concerns.
Don't forget injuries, and how they can destroy what otherwise would have been a promising season for teams.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Tough to really say. Personally I would go with Philly, but they have their own issues from 2023 they need to bounce back from as well. With the Cowboys I just think there are too many questions to crown them as the team to beat. I like their draft, but its fair to question how plug and play ready these guys are. How does the personnel on defense align with what Zimmer wants to do? I mean we basically handed him DQs players + Kendricks. Will there be locker room drama with the lack of contracts being handed out? All these free agents on 1 year deals, coaching staff on 1 year deals...your QB still on a 1 year deal. Can a guy like Steele bounce back another year removed from injury? Is it realistic to expect much from Diggs/Overshown?

Tough to say that anyone is the 'team to beat" in this division this year. My heart would never allow it, but if I weren't a fan this would be a division I would throw a small amount of cash on one of the long shots to win it. This may be one of those years where you have 4 teams just racing to get to 10 wins for the division instead of a 12-13 game champion which gives the other teams a punchers chance if they come out swinging.
This is a great post …. i could not agree more with your comment around the one year contracts…. people do not realize the mental and insecurity they will play with players and coaches.

leeblair

Reaction score
I think this year the Cowboys will be the team everyone beats.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Don't forget injuries, and how they can destroy what otherwise would have been a promising season for teams.
Very true, you do wonder if the season would have looked a little different with Diggs and LVE in the lineup. Maybe we get a few more turnovers, maybe LVE helps in run suppprt against Green Bay.

LysleE

Reaction score
Since there have been no repeat NFC champs in like 20 years; the Cowboy’s lackluster off-season, while Philly and Washington got better I am going to say Dallas won’t repeat. All the teams I mentioned drafted well…so we will just have to see how it plays out on the field and who steps up.
Another factor to consider is that Dallas will be playing a first place schedule, which will make it tougher to repeat as NFC champs.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I see double digit wins but have no faith for playoff performance. On paper I guess the Eagles but we are still a playoff team. 49ers, Lions, Eagles, Cowboys for now are my NFC locks to make it into postseason play.

links18

Reaction score
No, our ceiling is a middling team this year. We won't be champions of much.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Very true, you do wonder if the season would have looked a little different with Diggs and LVE in the lineup. Maybe we get a few more turnovers, maybe LVE helps in run suppprt against Green Bay.
There's no doubt we would have been improved. But, as far as overall injuries we probably had less than the rest of the division. Seem injuries come with ebbs and flows. I hope that doesn't mean we are going to have a lot of injuries this year.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Tough call but maybe. The only other favorite you can put forth is Philly but after last years monumental collapse and the disaster their locker room seemed to be it's hard to say they will be enough better than the team that lost 6 of their last 7 games when it mattered most last year and now lost Kelce and Cox who were leaders on and off the field to offset some of what they added. Basically the division stinks.
I don’t think it’s a tough call at all. Everybody except the Giants improved. We rolled it back with last year’s underachievers.

We are not better than the Eagles and if Daniels is the real deal they’ll be better than us at the most important position.

And even if we happened to win the Division we all know what’s next.

A little too negative?

Yeah I guess 30 years with the same Owner/GM will do that to you.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Philly is way better than us, and if Washington's QB is legit, then they are also.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
NFC East champs until someone beats you and takes it from you. Typically how that goes.
Wait....last year you said the NFC East always has a new Champ every year, to support your statement that WE were the favorite to win the division in 2023.

But now that WE'RE the previous year's winner, that doesn't apply any more? Hmmmmm.

P.S. how do you think your 2nd favorite team the Jacksonville Jaguars will do this year? They sure had a bad draft (no offense)