CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not trying to divert attention from anything.
You, much like the Marion Barber fans back in the day, couldn't care less about whether or not the Cowboys win.
You only care that Dak is allowed to dress up in the uniform and pretend to be someone great.
If you really cared about the Cowboys you would be just as upset as the rest of us at the way Dak has REPEATEDLY held the Cowboys back.
DAK PRESCOTT IS THE REASON THE COWBOYS HAVE NOT ATTAINED GREATNESS!
He's Jason Garrett 2.0.
All I care about is the Cowboys winning. That’s why I support Dak. He gives the team the chance to win it all, You can’t see that I know which is no surprise. All you do here is DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK DAK HATE. NOW back to your crib and don’t forget your bottle.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me the real answer is in what your saying, you can be happy or not happy with the QB and that still doesn't mean that is the position keeping the franchise from winning a SB. I dont see a point in going back and forth about peoples feeling over Dak, I DO see the point in pointing out how much false information is thrown around on here about how the QB position is whats holding this team back for 28 years...sorry it just doesnt make sense....I'm happy when he plays good not so much when he plays bad, I still dont think he or any QB has ever won or lost a game by themselves...
I think you are reading in something that is not really there.

I was posting a response to another member (context matters in this case) that was specifically talking about not liking fans with opposing views.

I think the fun in communities like this beyond the news aspect is in hearing different perspectives and opinions. Sure, we may not always agree, but it still provides new information for consideration.

The only point I made was that I found it shocking how upset some fans get when other fans disagree with them.

That has nothing to do with the Cowboys organization, but more to do with people expecting people to think like they do and then being offended when they realize a lot do not.

As for me, I support every player on the team and hope they play great because that means the team has a better chance of winning.

Like most fans though I have my opinions on which players are more likely to do that and, as such, are more likely to help the team win.

Now, when the season is over and players can be released, traded or replaced, I hope they release or replace the ones I do not like.

My point in saying our opinions do not matter to the Cowboys or any organization until it impacts their revenue stream was to try to explain that fans disagreeing with you is not the end of the world as it is not like their opinions are going to impact the team more than yours will.

We are all just fans after all, so all we have are opinions and hope when it comes to the teams we support, but it is nice to be able to discuss those other fans.

Motorola

Reaction score
How many years did Elway have? It was a lot more than 7.
Elway led two mediocre Denver teams to Super Bowls early in his career.

John Elway was the epitome of a quarterback who put his team on his back and advanced that team.
In his 4th and 5th seasons as the Broncos QB, Elway led the team to back-to-back AFC Titles and Super Bowl appearances, followed up two seasons later with a third AFC Championship and another NFL Title Game.
John Elway's first half of his NFL career fell short of he and his team getting the league title...but their efforts to do so were credible and noteworthy.

rambo2

Reaction score
In his 4th and 5th seasons as the Broncos QB, Elway led the team to back-to-back AFC Titles and Super Bowl appearances, followed up two seasons later with a third AFC Championship and another NFL Title Game.
John Elway's first half of his NFL career fell short of he and his team getting the league title...but their efforts to do so were credible and noteworthy.
Hopefully, Dak beats him to a Super Bowl victory.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think you are reading in something that is not really there.

I was posting a response to another member (context matters in this case) that was specifically talking about not liking fans with opposing views.

I think the fun in communities like this beyond the news aspect is in hearing different perspectives and opinions. Sure, we may not always agree, but it still provides new information for consideration.

The only point I made was that I found it shocking how upset some fans get when other fans disagree with them.

That has nothing to do with the Cowboys organization, but more to do with people expecting people to think like they do and then being offended when they realize a lot do not.

As for me, I support every player on the team and hope they play great because that means the team has a better chance of winning.

Like all fans though I have my opinions on which players are more likely to do that and, as such, are more likely to help the team win.

My point in saying our opinions do not matter to the Cowboys or any organization until it impacts their revenue stream was to try to explain that fans disagreeing with you is not the end of the world as it is not like their opinions are going to impact the team more than yours will.

We are all just fans after all, so all we have are opinions and hope when it comes to the teams we support, but it is nice to be able to discuss those other fans.
I agree what i was saying is your right, there is no since in attacking someones opinion/feelings it in itself not a fact but how they feel. False claims of facts can be debated and proven wrong hince why i was saying its false information to say the QB position is what has held this Franchise back for 28 years as nothing really supports this. If people here would debate over claims of facts not peoples feeling or opinions then some of this would stop for sure. I still say discussing Dak doesnt have to end in a Hatfield/McCoy back and forth but we do have a small group on both sides that will find thier way to the "correct yard" and start firing anytime there is a Dak thread.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please accept your bias and stop trying to twist it around. You're the most illogical fan here if you're even a Cowboys fan. If you're you should probably just find a new team.
He’s not and he‘s morally bankrupt.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You could make that argument about every discussion site on the internet if you wanted to be pedantic about it.

However, discussion sites, or rather communities, like CowboysZone exist for the fans, not the corporations.
Why are all the corporate ads cluttering by screen?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nope..

A QB who is just good enough and gets paid the type of money he does is not a recipe to win championships.

Good player but we can’t win a title with him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
4-1 with Rush and he’s not very good. It wouldn’t take a lot to upgrade from Dak.
come on, this 4-1 thing with Rush is beyond stupid now. the offense was 22nd or worse in every offensive category. the 4 wins, the cowboys defense averaged 13 points....that's 3 points better than the best defense in the league for the season. the defense never gave up more than 17 points....the first time a team scored more than 17, we lost.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, the defense didn't choke vs Green Bay.
They were wore out from trying to dig out of the hole Prescott dug when he choked in the first half.
wait, was it Garrett's fault we dug a hole or was it Dak. you used to have 1000s of posts about why Garrett sucks. seems like you are giving him a pass now. what changed? oh, yeah, your agenda (or your drink).

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Just like Hurts, Dak's last year was a fluke. I don't see Dak putting up 15+ INTs.

MM's WCO will mitigate the turnovers and make Dak a candidate for MVP. You read it here first.
Season after season Cowboys fans have been waiting for WENTZ 2.0 to step into a phone booth and come out as the 2016 Dakota Prescot and for the last 6 years we've ended up with nothing more than excuse after excuse as to why NEXT YEAR is going to be Dakota Prescot's year. Folks, that dude left the building a long time ago and we're stuck with an over hyped, over paid, less than mediocre WENTZ 2.0.

Reaction score
This is like saying "The better team will win", which generally is how it plays out in the playoffs. In the niners playoff game what position unit would you give the Cowboys a Green checkmark for? O-line: no Dline: no WR: no RB: no Secondary: no LB: wash maybe a yes SP: no...if you look at it the better team won..
Cowboys defense did more than enough to win that game. Joe Burrow under center wins that game because he's good enough to make up for the deficiencies in the run game/OL... He picks up the slack by picking up the passing game,,, savvy?

quickccc

Reaction score
- One of my " Excited reasons " for 2023 was the new innovation of Mccarthy/Schotthemeir design and play calling of the offense...and detouring and fading out and away from Kellen Moore offense.
The full extent and exploitation of the RBs in both run and most definite the passing game is/should help Dak a great deal more .

- If we fully expect to see newcomer Brandin Cooks unseat Gallup as the No.2 , which means more Cooks, less Gallup that should also help Dak ...Why?

- Gallup is easily the worst route runner among the front 3 WRs, ..several times his sloppy, busted routes where he's short stopping, it for CBs to take a beam on INTs, is
taking a toll on Dak's confidence, imo

- We will have to established a security blanket target at TE, (an underneath, red zone and 3rd down chain mover) ...and that will have to be as season goes on,.2nd year
Ferguson seems to be front runner at this time.

- Even with Kellen, even with as the top or among top ranked offenses, we had known as a notoriously slow starting offense, it will be interesting to see if Dak adapts to
the " Tex Coast " offense Game 1 reg. season.......or will it take some time early on for new concepts and timing to sink in ...? .

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
NO. You root for the team regardless. Rooting for a team to lose because you do not like a player is not being a real fan.
Rooting for Dak is not rooting for the Cowboys.

You should want the Cowboys to be great. Instead you root for bums like Dak to keep the Cowboys down,

CCBoy

Reaction score

Fact or Fiction: Dak Prescott passes for 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns​

The 2022 season is one Prescott would likely rather put behind him. Even after missing five games, Prescott still led the league with 15 interceptions.

The now-eight-year veteran has topped 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns twice in his career. Those two seasons are 2019 and 2021. Of course, in both seasons Prescott had a full complement of weapons and was healthy both years.

The same could be said going into 2023. The Cowboys have talented receivers in All-Pro CeeDee Lamb, a healthy Michael Gallup, and reliable veteran Brandin Cooks. The main concern is health, not just for Prescott, but for his offensive line as well.

Prescott has dealt with injuries each of the last three seasons, and the lack of depth on the offensive line -- which sustained a handful of injuries last season -- could impact production.

Fiction
https://thelandryhat.com/posts/2023-dallas-cowboys-offense-fact-fiction-prescott-lamb-pollard

CWR

Reaction score
Hell yeah. We got a stud at qb. Leggo Dak. Leggo COWBOYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.