CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
Every time someone says something negative about Dak they get likes. It’s just a way to kill time for those who have nothing else better to do all day. Trolling for likes makes them feel like they’re actually accomplishing something in life. :laugh:Every time they’re feeling a little down, they just click on their username and admire their reaction score. Lol Now we know why you spend 24/7 on this board bashing Dak. Thanks for exposing yourself. Now get back to posting to keep up your blistering pace. :thumbup:
Or positive.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Or they could draft a QB! Could have drafted Hurts instead of Diggs.
Are you serious? They needed a corner a lot more than they needed a QB. Most didn’t even think Hurts was that good when Philly drafted him. Most of this board still think he sucks. It’s funny now that he had a great season last year some are bashing the team for not drafting him. Lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Are you serious? They needed a corner a lot more than they needed a QB. Most didn’t even think Hurts was that good when Philly drafted him. Most of this board still think he sucks. It’s funny now that he had a great season last year some are bashing the team for not drafting him. Lol
I'm still not convinced myself, but he's shown signs. Very hard to be a legit contender when passing for under 4,000 yds. He did it once, now the question becomes whether he can do it consistently.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The FO ensured that theres never a good option at the quarterback position. Even during the Romo years, they refused to draft or sign legitimate contenders for the position

the OPs question was “ are you happy with Dak at quartback “?

“It wasn’t should we go with another Qb?”……..we all know they never have a REAL alternative.
We drafted Mike White in the fifth round a few years ago and he didn’t pan out. We drafted DiNucci in the seventh round and he didn’t pan out. It didn’t make a lot of sense to drafting a QB high with Dak signing a huge contract extension. The question was are you happy with Dak Prescott as the QB for this season? Those who are answering “no” would rather have someone else at QB this season. There’s fans who think this season will end up the same way the previous seasons have ended up with Dak. They would make a change at QB this very moment if they could.

Praxit

Reaction score
..been a Dak man since he attained the reigns. Still have faith in the guy.

The loss to SF was tough. But Dak needed help and didn't get it.

Moore's comeback routes did not help either.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
A waste of time? Did you actually believe, for even a moment, that anything written in this forum would change anything within the Cowboys organization?

This is a fan forum...for fans. Its purpose is to act as a place where fans can express their opinions about the team, debate, and once in a while, if open minded, learn a thing or two.
No i did not believe right from the off.
And yes i learned a lot

Reaction score
"meh" should have been a poll option. For as loud as the pro and anti-Dak crowd is on this forum, I wonder if there really is a large silent majority that thinks of him as a roughly average starting QB.
Same. I bag on Dak mostly as a reaction to the delusional dak-bots and people that disrespect Romo, but this team can win with him, they just can't rely on him to compensate for any other deficiencies. Every other position group needs to be playoff quality and hitting on all cylinders so that he isn't put in a high pressure situation to make reads/throws.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
You could make that argument about every discussion site on the internet if you wanted to be pedantic about it.

However, discussion sites, or rather communities, like CowboysZone exist for the fans, not the corporations.
Its been deleted so i cant reference it.

In further posts submitted i now see how your second sentance is valid.
Any dicussion regarding The first sentance would take this thread way off topic.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
There was such a poll, and the huge majority voted medium. There were only a few posters on either side of the spectrum who voted great or terrible.
Good to know Kskboys! Thanks

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
None of this has any impact on my sleep because I do not get worked up over someone criticizing a player I like even if I debate with them over it.

You can hate Dak or love Dak. You can hate any player I like or love any player I do not like. I really do not care. Nor do the Cowboys, and that is the real reason why it is shocking how upset people get over other fans having different opinions.

If everyone on this site hated Dak or everyone on this site loved Dak, it would have zero impact on what the Cowboys do with Dak.

To the Cowboys and all professional sports teams the fans are just revenue dispensers and what we like or do not like matters very little to them unless it significantly impacts their revenue.

Allowing Cowboys fans to vent their frustrations on here is just as important as allowing fans to celebrate the team.

I wish there was less negativity about the Cowboys .. I really do .. but again, after 28 years of failed season after failed season, it has gotten really hard to blame fans for being frustrated and upset.

The fact they are still coming here and posting about their frustrations proves how much they still care about the Cowboys.

The real solution to all of this is for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl. Winning cures a lot of problems with fan opinions.

Until that happens, you can blame the fans all you want, but its the Cowboys who own that blame.
To me the real answer is in what your saying, you can be happy or not happy with the QB and that still doesn't mean that is the position keeping the franchise from winning a SB. I dont see a point in going back and forth about peoples feeling over Dak, I DO see the point in pointing out how much false information is thrown around on here about how the QB position is whats holding this team back for 28 years...sorry it just doesnt make sense....I'm happy when he plays good not so much when he plays bad, I still dont think he or any QB has ever won or lost a game by themselves...

kskboys

Reaction score
We drafted Mike White in the fifth round a few years ago and he didn’t pan out. We drafted DiNucci in the seventh round and he didn’t pan out. It didn’t make a lot of sense to drafting a QB high with Dak signing a huge contract extension. The question was are you happy with Dak Prescott as the QB for this season? Those who are answering “no” would rather have someone else at QB this season. There’s fans who think this season will end up the same way the previous seasons have ended up with Dak. They would make a change at QB this very moment if they could.
Mike White panned out. We cut him for some inexplicable reason. He is now a high quality backup. Has starting potential.

Many of us were absolutely incensed when we cut him after only his rook season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supporting a player that brings your team down is not supporting the Cowboys like you believe it is.

It's only supporting Dak.
NO. You root for the team regardless. Rooting for a team to lose because you do not like a player is not being a real fan.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Same. I bag on Dak mostly as a reaction to the delusional dak-bots and people that disrespect Romo, but this team can win with him, they just can't rely on him to compensate for any other deficiencies. Every other position group needs to be playoff quality and hitting on all cylinders so that he isn't put in a high pressure situation to make reads/throws.
This is like saying "The better team will win", which generally is how it plays out in the playoffs. In the niners playoff game what position unit would you give the Cowboys a Green checkmark for? O-line: no Dline: no WR: no RB: no Secondary: no LB: wash maybe a yes SP: no...if you look at it the better team won..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd love to be surprised. I'll never stop rooting for my team. I just don't see it with #4. So I won't be happy with him at the end of the season.

Again.
So what would you do for this upcoming season at QB if you were in charge? If you could release Dak with no cap implications and have Cooper Rush, Will Grier and possibly Carson Wentz compete for the job this summer would you do it? Do you honestly believe that would give the Cowboys a better chance this season? Sounds like you’ve lost all hope with Dak, so it certainly doesn’t sound like you want him as our QB this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.