CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't feel like Dak is a transcendent QB like Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, where you don't necessarily need a super stacked team, but he's good enough if you stack the deck to win one.

The problem is that the front office refuses to go 'all-in' and we keep getting dusted by the same teams in the playoffs over and over.

The front office keeps wasting careers by being frugal and building the team to be 'just good enough' to give you hope every year, but not good enough to beat the teams that go all in like Philly or the Rams.

The rams will probably rebuild in a couple of years while we have perpetual 2nd round exits if something doesn't change.
They beat Philly and the Rams will probably be bad for a long time.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t hate Dak, but he has had 7 years to prove himself and show the ability to take the team deep into the playoffs. Dak is a system QB and needs all facets of the game to be on-point to be at his best. I think he lacks some key attributes to be considered a top QB in the NFL.

With that being said, there is no other alternative at this point. I liked Rush’s ability to read defenses and route anticipation; I thought the offense was more balanced with him vs Dak, but Dak has the bigger arm with more physical talent.

I’m hoping we can get a quality QB via the draft in the next year or two, but Jerry is married to Dak and gave him the monster contract and will no doubt extend him, so I see him as the starter for the foreseeable future.
How many years did Elway have? It was a lot more than 7.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
4-1 with Rush and he’s not very good. It wouldn’t take a lot to upgrade from Dak.
Dak has never had a losing season in which he's played the majority of games. Love how fans take a short sited view of a a 5 game stretch that was magically lucky. Rush threw 5 tds, completed 58% of passes and had a rating of 80 during that stretch. The fact he won 4 games is miraculous. That won't get it done over the course of the season.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak has never had a losing season in which he's played the majority of games. Love how fans take a short sited view of a a 5 game stretch that was magically lucky. Rush threw 5 tds, completed 58% of passes and had a rating of 80 during that stretch. The fact he won 4 games is miraculous. That won't get it done over the course of the season.
And neither has Dak with a lot more opportunities.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
2020?

1-3 with Dak.
4-5 with Andy freaking Dalton.

Both of those records suck, but one is clearly better and winning at a better pace than the other.
2-3 actually. Also in 2 of those losing games Dak through for over 450 yards and 3+ tds. Let that sink in for a second.

I hope one day you can overcome your bias and negativity.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is 25 games above 500 as a starting QB. Go compare that to some of the other starters in the league. He’s won a lot of games and is on pace to become the Cowboys all time leading passer. His body of work has been better than most QBs and he already has as many playoff wins as Romo in less time. I saw enough against Tampa in the playoffs last season to suggest he could win two or more in a row in the playoffs.
Congratulations. Let me know how that works out for you next January.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Congratulations. Let me know how that works out for you next January.
At least with him we may still be playing in January. We certainly wouldn’t with the lesser options out there. He’s the best we have and finding someone better isn’t going to be easy but good luck convincing many on this board of that.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any quarterback preforms well in a clean pocket.
What separates NFL QBs from others is preforming under pressure and exploiting what defenses give you.
Dak has been defensed.

Qcard

Reaction score
You created your membership in February 2021 and have 22,202 messages and counting. :omg: Go do the math on that. Lol That’s over 850 messages a month, which comes out to more than 200 a week and most of them are hating on Dak. :laugh: It’s safe to say all you have is this board and are consumed by your hatred for Dak Prescott. Do you consider the amount of time you spend bashing Dak normal fan behavior?
:hammer:
@MountaineerCowboy is a Bot :lmao::lmao:

pitt33

Reaction score
If #4 gets this team into a nfccg I’ll be glad he’s the quarterback.

If he screws up again I’ll be extremely disappointed he was the quarterback.

In all honesty I’m expecting the later.

He has shown us as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.