CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing has changed, Dak plays well against mediocre teams and yesterday was no exception. If he continues to not be one-dimensional, he might play good against Philly. The .500 or less teams give him no problems, lets see it against the upper echelon teams with consistency.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regarding fans changing their votes from week to week ...

For many fans the votes they make on polls reflect their current emotions so it is unfair to label someone who changes their mind (in either direction) a bandwagon fan.

There are always some fans who hold out hope longer or give up faster than others over players, coaches, etc.

When a fan changes their mind it may be temporary or permanent, but part of being a fan is having the choice to decide what you like and don't like at any given time.

I think these polls are interesting because they provide a snapshot of the fan base's opinion on various topics, especially specific players and coaches.

It is less about being right or wrong or defining who are better fans and more about gaining an understanding of how Cowboys fans are feeling at various points throughout the season.
As long as we all understand this is week to week....cool. I do think some will use it as a bludgeon on people's fandom.

Its only natural for our sincere thoughts and feelings to change. Virtue signalling is narrcistic.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
LOL was going to say didn't we have this poll it was like 75% negative noiw what? Let's keep receipts and see who's jumping ship back and forth like a casual fan instead of an actual real fan of the team..lol
What I’ve seen from the polls is there’s a couple dozen people who will always vote yes, a couple dozen people who will always vote no, and then like 400 people who’ll come to the forum after an ugly loss to vent their frustrations… but otherwise don’t normally participate in these week-to-week polls.

bewp7

Reaction score
no

i want to see cowboys win a super bowl

they will never win a super bowl with dak prescott as qb

i do not care what he do in october against a crappy rams team at all

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I’ve seen from the polls is there’s a couple dozen people who will always vote yes, a couple dozen people who will always vote no, and then like 400 people who’ll come to the forum after an ugly loss to vent their frustrations… but otherwise don’t normally participate in these week-to-week polls.
Before you make that proclaimation....lets wait for something that hasnt happened in some time and observe the yeses fly in.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as we all understand this is week to week....cool. I do think some will use it as a bludgeon on people's fandom.

Its only natural for our sincere thoughts and feelings to change. Virtue signalling is narrcistic.
Exactly! :D

Some people focus on using these polls as "not fair! not fair! you changed your mind!" but that's not the purpose of these polls.

These polls are only meant to gauge the current mindset of Cowboys fans toward Dak Prescott and sometimes other players, coaches, etc. at various points throughout the season.

Of course some fans are always going to vote YES and others are always going to vote NO, but a lot of fans will shift their opinions based on the team's recent performance.

It is no different though with other teams as quarterbacks get released, coaches get fired, etc. sometimes one or two years after winning a Super Bowl.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's like that with every team. Philadelphia's fans shift between love and hate for their team at any given time even when they win sometimes.

Patriots fans are adjusting to life after Brady with a lot of them ready for Belichick to leave despite raving about his coaching skills just a few years ago.

49ers fans were on top of the world after their dominating win over the Cowboys. Three losses later and I bet the fandom has a lot of cracks in it now.

We sometimes forget that "fans" is short for "fanatics" and a lot of people live up to the name :D

KB1122

Reaction score
Dak picked a good week to have a great game. Otherwise it would be all How Could We Pass on Will Levis? talk.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.

As usual, this poll will be closed before the next game!

I voted "no" again because one good game from him will not change my mind as of today. However, Dak played one damn good game as did the whole team. Dak ran when needed, threaded the needle like I have not seen him do lately, and just overall took over the game for the team. As for that stupid Int, of course that was not his fault, the damn funny shaped ball was tipped, what, three times before it got intercepted? I don't like how they attribute an Int to the QB when a ball is tipped like that, it's not like Dak threw that ball stright to a defender, that was not Dak's fault.

If Dak can continue that kind of play, and the team, he will start swaying my mind about him, so we shall see these coming games how Dak, and the team, do. As of right now, I'm proud that Dak played like he did, that is what the Cowboys need from week to week.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted "no" again because one good game from him will not change my mind as of today. However, Dak played one damn good game as did the whole team. Dak ran when needed, threaded the needle like I have not seen him do lately, and just overall took over the game for the team. As for that stupid Int, of course that was not his fault, the damn funny shaped ball was tipped, what, three times before it got intercepted? I don't like how they attribute an Int to the QB when a ball is tipped like that, it's not like Dak threw that ball stright to a defender, that was not Dak's fault.

If Dak can continue that kind of play, and the team, he will start swaying my mind about him, so we shall see these coming games how Dak, and the team, do. As of right now, I'm proud that Dak played like he did, that is what the Cowboys need from week to week.
I think that's a very reasonable opinion. :D

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really should read my second post in this thread.

These polls are not about defining fans, but simply gauging the current feelings of fans toward Dak Prescott after wins and losses.
Your intention may not be about defining fans, but a poll does exactly that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

He’s had many more great games than bad ones. You just happened to be blinded by your hate like most here at CZ. You followed the bandwagon and now are so dug in that you can’t see the obvious and will go down always hating on Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Voting No every week until the end of time. He isnt good enough to get us where we want to go. Beating bad teams shouldnt change anybody's mind
The Rams had only allowed 4 passing TD’s before yesterdays game. Dak threw 4 in 3 quarters. But keep on hating. It’s cute and pure entertainment.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Another band wagon fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.