CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
We saw Dak play at an elite level at times last year. We saw him play great against TB and then he was awful against SF. He's an up and down QB. He's slightly above average. He has to show up in the playoffs. That's the true test.
Yup, and for the record he was excellent this past Sunday and that was without a decent running game, to his credit.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Regarding fans changing their votes from week to week ...

For many fans the votes they make on polls reflect their current emotions so it is unfair to label someone who changes their mind (in either direction) a bandwagon fan.

There are always some fans who hold out hope longer or give up faster than others over players, coaches, etc.

When a fan changes their mind it may be temporary or permanent, but part of being a fan is having the choice to decide what you like and don't like at any given time.

I think these polls are interesting because they provide a snapshot of the fan base's opinion on various topics, especially specific players and coaches.

It is less about being right or wrong or defining who are better fans and more about gaining an understanding of how Cowboys fans are feeling at various points throughout the season.
This is where I am at in voting. I've maintained this persona as a fan for years now. I just tell it like it is on a week to week basis. I dislike things about Dak and like things about him. There are no extremes. I thought he was horrible against SF. This week he looked really good and that is who I'd like in the playoffs. If he plays bad against top teams, it trends to how I feel overall....he can be competent/a winner but is up and down and a reason we fall short.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Admin...the poll maker...said that was the intent.

Week to week tracking.
Perhaps the poll maker should adjust the title to show the intent. Simply add the words "...this week".

For me, I'm taking the question in the traditional meaning.
I will vote 'no' until he reaches to a higher level. I will pull for him each week. Celebrate every win. Question every loss. Analyze each play and expect success.

But happiness, in pro sports, is to be successful.
"Are you happy...?"

Last edited:

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not happy with him but we can win with him. Just need to have the needed intensity and win at least one side of the ball in the trenches each game.

There are QBs that can carry a bit more of the load when the team is blowing chunks during a game. I’d like one of those but who doesn’t. I liked the game Dak had.

I posted weeks ago the the best thing to do is to allow Dak to let it fly. Enough of the training bra. They better not go back in a shell against Philly or Philly will kill us on 3rd downs and end up with 250 yards rushing.

Dak’s who we got. To make the most of it, the O line and D line need to win the intensity battle against teams or they will lay more eggs.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I still think Dallas needs to look at moving from Dak. We've seen him do this before having a couple big wins making people think he's fine. Just pop in the tape of that 49ers game and he just can't adjust to the speed of a better defense.
I don't think we can move on from him until we have a better option and at the moment I don't really see any.

Who do you think we could get that would give us better performance on a consistent basis

Blackrain

Reaction score
I still think Dallas needs to look at moving from Dak. We've seen him do this before having a couple big wins making people think he's fine. Just pop in the tape of that 49ers game and he just can't adjust to the speed of a better defense.
I don't think we can move on from him until we have a better option and at the moment I don't really see any.

Who do you think we could get that would give us better performance on a consistent
They were when they beat us
Things seems to have changed a little bit since then and the eagles don't look totally unstoppable either both of those teams look a little more mortal than they did at the beginning of the season

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's really funny when the defense and special teams make some plays and put some points on the board all of a sudden Dak is a pretty good player.

Hard to explain why people feel a fourth round draft pick that we didn't even really want is supposed to elevate the whole team when other parts don't do their job.

It's amazing all week long you watch receivers on other teams make contested one-handed catches and all of a sudden we have somebody that does that instead of dropping balls that are right to him and we win the game.

Dak is very capable of winning games with some help from his friends as should always be the case but he struggles when asked to put the s on his chest and make up for everyone shortcomings
He’s been doing it all year. Against the Chargers he put the team on his back and led them to victory.

Blackrain

Reaction score
He’s been doing it all year. Against the Chargers he put the team on his back and led them to victory.
Agreed he has started to run the ball again and he seems to be doing it safely.

Once upon a Time we could count on him for six rushing touchdowns a year that gives defenses something to worry about and changes the whole way they approach the game.
All of a sudden personnel has to be delegated to watch for him making plays with his legs that opens up opportunities for other people.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He did get destroyed by the 49ers, yes.

But to be fair, I believe he's the only QB who has done well vs the Jets defense all year.
When the defense is snowballing the opponent and there's no pressure on him to carry the team, he's usually pretty good. It's those games where we get behind early and it looks like he's going to have to do something (see Cards, Niners this season) that he seems to go into his shell. There was some weird stat about how he had almost all of his 4th qtr comebacks in his first season. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's pretty wild.

Anyways, I've had moments in the past where I started to believe in him, but after that absolute collapse in a game with a niners team that he had circled on his calendar after performing terribly and getting bounced the past 2 seasons from the playoffs against, I'm out completely on him and the only thing changing my mind is him playing great throughout the postseason and taking us to an NFCCG or SB.

Otherwise, he's not worth the extension he's seeking, and it's time to move on. Even his staunchest supporter agrees with that.

leeblair

Reaction score
It doesn't matter; Dak has won.
He's a multimillionaire. I'm actually happy to see him enjoy the money, because he worked the system to get it.
He may actually get better, but the past seven years have happened.
Jerry doesn't care about the fans except to relieve them of their money with his hype every year.
Dak will get an extension, and the Cowboys franchise will forever be mired in mediocrity. Even if they win a Super Bowl, they will never again be the franchise real Cowboys fans grew to love.
Nothing will change what we've seen and know in our hearts has happened.
They are something else now.

Nav22

Reaction score
When the defense is snowballing the opponent and there's no pressure on him to carry the team, he's usually pretty good. It's those games where we get behind early and it looks like he's going to have to do something (see Cards, Niners this season) that he seems to go into his shell. There was some weird stat about how he had almost all of his 4th qtr comebacks in his first season. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's pretty wild.

Anyways, I've had moments in the past where I started to believe in him, but after that absolute collapse in a game with a niners team that he had circled on his calendar after performing terribly and getting bounced the past 2 seasons from the playoffs against, I'm out completely on him and the only thing changing my mind is him playing great throughout the postseason and taking us to an NFCCG or SB.

Otherwise, he's not worth the extension he's seeking, and it's time to move on. Even his staunchest supporter agrees with that.
I laughed at your very first sentence.

Dak marched right down the field for a TD drive to start off the Jets game.

Very first possession by either team.

Did our defense "snowball the opponent" from the sidelines?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

His 2nd TD came in the 2nd quarter, right after our D allowed a long TD to cut the deficit to 10-7.

Does 10-7 count as "snowballing the opponent"?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
It's a week to week league so yes because he's made me happy the last 2 weeks.....3 weeks if you include the bye!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Cowboys failed their first test for greatness vs SF.

Next test for greatness coming Sunday.

Hope that guy #4 is ready.

#4 can turn the voting around after this next game.

If #4 can't step up expect the results to go back into the 90% area.

Status
Not open for further replies.