Twitter: Babe Laufenberg: Maybe the team just isn't good enough

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is what happens when you have an All Pro QB.

The single most important position in all of sports.

Anyone writing hot takes about this team that has been in every single game without Romo and has lost 4 single score games doesn't realize this team is absolutely good enough with Romo. He is the only player (like most all pro qbs) that is not replaceable at some functioning level for us.

But when you have Weeden or Cassell and you're going against Ryan/Russell/Brady/Eli/Brees how do you expect to win close games?

Funny how Tomlin trots out 3rd stringers at QB since Big Ben is made of glass these days and the Steelers still win...........Good coaches find a way, don't lose 6 in a row.

Tomlin > Garrett

TheFinisher

Reaction score
So besides Romo, what don't we have that we had last year? We lost Murray but McFadden looks like he can be a lead back. We added solid players to a decent defense. We brought back the O-line intact and even added another good player.

we don't get to play the AFC South this year. Those 4 gimme wins were your difference between 12-4 and the usually 8-8.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Romo is not Brady or Rodgers but I'm now convinced he will go down as the most underappreciated QB of this era. Through all his ups and downs, it's becoming clear that too much has been put on his shoulders. He'd probably have a ring by now under a competent organization. We've wasted away a golden opportunity.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
This defense took a big step back. I know the QB play has been poor but this defense is just bad.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The only silver lining of this season could be that the Dallas front office will be forced to look at a real, starting level QB in the draft this offseason.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
The only silver lining of this season could be that the Dallas front office will be forced to look at a real, starting level QB in the draft this offseason.

You are really giving this franchise too much credit.

vaturkey

Reaction score

Brady is 38 and playing as well as ever. Having a decent quality backup for Romo is a must. I doubt we will be in position to draft the next RGIII or Bradford. I hope we have a top ten pick and can get an impact player on defense. We need that badly.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Brady is 38 and playing as well as ever. Having a decent quality backup for Romo is a must. I doubt we will be in position to draft the next RGIII or Bradford. I hope we have a top ten pick and can get an impact player on defense. We need that badly.

Tony Romo is a far cry from Tom Brady.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea he should suit up and play QB. You really wish this was a great roster. It's not. The d line is average, the Linebackers suck, our safety play has been terrible, we have one good reciver, our starting running back at the beginning of the season is off the team, and Matt Cassel is our QB. We're is this a better roster? At what possion?

A lot of players suck here, only to leave for other teams and flourish. Austin and Murray can't break into the starting lineup until an injury shows how much better they were than the starters. Harris made plays for the offense, yet hardly ever saw the field, now he is a real threat for the Giants offense. This team was satisfied with our safeties and backup QB from last year, we see scrubs from off the street playing better than what we have. We have a coach that doesn't recognize these things and that is precisely why this team "just-isn't-good-enough".

If you want to blame the owner/GM, fine...Either JG agrees with all of their moves or we don't have a coach that will stand up to the owner/GM. The worst thought is that JG recommended all of these moves and the Owner/GM went along with them. Whatever poison you pick, JG is lurking there somewhere in that bottle.

pansophy

Reaction score
This defense took a big step back. I know the QB play has been poor but this defense is just bad.

They were protected last year by the offense really winning big the time of possession game and getting turnovers. Neither of those things are true this year.

It took a miracle to beat the Giants with Romo. With Romo we would be right in the hunt for the division but I don't think we would be 7-1 either. The defensive line needs help.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does garret make personnel decisions? He got rid of demarco and refuses to get quality insurance behind Romo?

I he doesn't, then we should get a stronger coach who can stand up to the GM. If he does, then his decisions suck...your choice.

fifaguy

Reaction score
It's really that simple.

In all of their losses, they have had failures in every facet of the team. It's never just one reason. It's a collective issue of reasons, and all of those point to the signs of us not being a good team. Point blank.

Exactly. It's been a smoke and mirrors job this year...

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
They really don't.

Yeah, I'm usually surprised when I see someone who was too bad to stick around here on another team. I expect them to never play another down ala ZONEFAVORITE Phil Costa. Just using yesterday though I saw BW Webb intercept a pass against the Saints and I near about lost it. 1) I can't believe he is still a pro football player. 2) He did something we haven't had a corner do yet.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
They are not good enough. everything went right last year. The defense forced turnovers. There is no excuse for a 6 game losing streak, even with backup quarterbacks. It is coaching and lack of talent. Bucs win next week, book it.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Does garret make personnel decisions? He got rid of demarco and refuses to get quality insurance behind Romo?

It's the salary cap era, bruh. Every team deal with defections and subpar depth.