Twitter: Babe Laufenberg: Maybe the team just isn't good enough

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The talent level is good enough to beat teams like Saints with one arm QB and Bradford lead EaGirls.

What isn't good enough is JG's system. JG talks about having a system in place that he feels good about but this "system" isn't good unless you have all pro QB like Romo running it.

Garret reminds me of Mike Brady of the Brady Bunch.... he tries to peddle the same out dated architectural plans he came up with 30 years ago. Same with Garrett, still trying to use the Cowboys offense of the championship years. Go out there and beat your man, if that doesn't work, you're screwed becuase there is no back plan other than to keep running the same plan over and over. Marinelli's plan is also outdated.....

And it about coaching, not just Romo's injury. Garrett can't ever get all aspects of the team to click at the same time. Tonight offense played well enough to win, the special teams finally woke up and brought something, and the defense stayed in the locker room getting pretty for Dez's party.

dupree89

Reaction score
Garret reminds me of Mike Brady of the Brady Bunch.... he tries to peddle the same out dated architectural plans he came up with 30 years ago. Same with Garrett, still trying to use the Cowboys offense of the championship years. Go out there and beat your man, if that doesn't work, you're screwed becuase there is no back plan other than to keep running the same plan over and over. Marinelli's plan is also outdated.....

And it about coaching, not just Romo's injury. Garrett can't ever get all aspects of the team to click at the same time. Tonight offense played well enough to win, the special teams finally woke up and brought something, and the defense stayed in the locker room getting pretty for Dez's party.

great stuff!!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As much as I want Garrett gone, I know it won't happen for awhile. Heck, I never wanted him to begin with, but I digress.

At the very least, Dallas needs to bring in a new OC and implement his own offense with no stench of Garrett's. I want a whole new system, even if it fails........maybe I can stomach Garrett until his contract wears off.

Of course, a new DC will be welcomed as well.

kevm3

Reaction score
As much as I want Garrett gone, I know it won't happen for awhile. Heck, I never wanted him to begin with, but I digress.

At the very least, Dallas needs to bring in a new OC and implement his own offense with no stench of Garrett's. I want a whole new system, even if it fails........maybe I can stomach Garrett until his contract wears off.

That's really the only way Garrett would be somewhat tolerable is if we got a new OC who was completely allowed to implement his own system and didn't have to work in the confines of the Garrett system... but then again I don't know how fair it would be to continually toss coordinators over the cliff and ignore the only constant. My concern is that even if we did draft this awesome qb, would he get coached up? Imagine how much better Romo would be if he was coached up and we had an offensive system designed around him. An offense that simply requires you to 'beat your man' will not work in this league. We can't play a non-salary cap style of ball in a salary cap era.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Agreed. But even a team that is "just good enough" should win 2 off 6.

This team might be in a tailspin extening through next year. Especially worrisum is the no-name, injury-prone Defense.

inconsistent, If that, and a defense that bends and bends and bends?
Fuggetaboutit

Zman5

Reaction score

The new OC won't do us any good running JG's crappy offense. And JG will not hire anyone that is not willing to run his system. The problem is the system.

Even Nate Newton was saying JG's system needs to be changed so that it doesn't solely depend on players out executing the opponent.

VoR

Reaction score
San Fran beat a team today that we couldnt beat...and the 9ers had Blaine Gabbert at QB, Shaun Draughn and Kendall Gaskins running the ball and Garrett Celek catching TD passes. I can't take much more of the excuses for this team not having enough talent to stop a 6 game losing streak.

Exactly! Why is Dallas the only team that can't win without their starting quarterback?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The new OC won't do us any good running JG's crappy offense. And JG will not hire anyone that is not willing to run his system. The problem is the system.

Even Nate Newton was saying JG's system needs to be changed so that it doesn't solely depend on players out executing the opponent.

Isn't that what I said??? A whole new system, heh

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes I know but I'm saying JG will not hire anyone who is not willing to run his system. One of the reasons Callahan is no longer here.

ahh, yea but that order will have to come from the top. Enough losing and public pressure.......it becomes a real possibility.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Maybe this team isn't good enough, but let's go ahead and beat Tampa Bay, get Tony back, and see what happens. The off-season lasts forever, so we might as well enjoy the games that are left. Worst case we get a better draft pick next April. Best case we squeeze into the playoffs.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
And take Jeff Heath and Terrance Williams with him. And if not for their contracts I would give up Tyrone Crawford, Jeremy Mincy, and Rolando McClain too. What a bunch of suck all on one team.

And overpaid suck at that.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Exactly! Why is Dallas the only team that can't win without their starting quarterback?

Because Dallas is the only team that has Garrett as their HC and can't figure out that there's a 2nd half of the game that needs to be played.