Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Barring a strong trade offer?........how about Barring a trade offer period. I don't care if it's some depth on the team somewhere and a 7th rounder get something.

Only way I'm all for cutting Romo without compensation is if we save more money on the cap to get a.........WAR DADDY HAHA
They are trading the contract too. Plus, if you assume a contract will be redone, Romo would absolutely have to agree to it with the new team.

Then there is just the basic question "is a 6th or 7th rounder really worth more than 8.9 mill extra in 2017 cap space > June 1?"

fredp22

Reaction score
Is this Jerry or Stephen? At least Jerry has some good trades on his resume. What does Stephen have? He gets played every time we swap picks in the draft. He's supposed to be this great negotiator but everytime I see him on the draft cam, he's biting his nails and sweating like a pig.

what trades?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You know you have to hand it to Jerry Jones.

Just when you think he has reached his pinnacle of idiocy, he finds a way to top it.

What an icon. Hall of Famer.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I mean I might get doing it now if the front office had a FA on the line they were ready to plow the money into. Like if they were going to eat the full cap hit this year and use the $5.1MM saved immediately to sign, say Peppers............

But they aren't. They are sitting out the first week of free agency waiting for bargains and will likely use him a June 1 cap hit. So what's the point of cutting him now?

exactly....

Just goes to show....they Don't have a plan:banghead:

But don't worry...Josh McCown will bail everyone one out. It doesn't even sound right does it?:omg:

LittleD

Reaction score
Don't know about that.

I bet there are a few in Cowboys Nation who literally have snot running down their noses right now, in a state of disbelief that not only is the Romo era over, it went out with a pathetic whimper.

I still wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to have a news conference with Romo where he explains why he was released and gives him a great big hug.

I guarantee it's more than hugs... I think slobbering kisses are the order of the day. Romo will be able to come back to the Cowboy family
at any point in his life and have a permanent position. Jerry want's him on the ROH wall.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Well..just like with my kids, it's best to just rip the band-aid off quickly rather pretending the problem will go away.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
screw-thiscrap-ill-bethe-quarterback-jerry-jones-common-sense-credit-542121.png
74738.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think this is what some folks are missing, I don't remember hearing of any credible trade offers for Romo.
Because there have been none out there. Maybe something small that Jerry just threw away, but nothing in the news or even in rumor.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They are trading the contract too. Plus, if you assume a contract will be redone, Romo would absolutely have to agree to it with the new team.

Then there is just the basic question "is a 6th or 7th rounder really worth more than 8.9 mill extra in 2017 cap space > June 1?"
Right, if the money saved is way too good to pass up then cutting him is fine in my opinion

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, as I said yesterday, if they cut him and Jerry publicly states they cut him out of respect for the player and wanted to give such a great Cowboy the ability to finish his career on his terms, I am going to lose my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.