Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Ummmm......... situations were different. Colts were about to have to pay Manning a $28MM roster bonus if they kept him. They really had no choice but to cut him.

The only difference is that Manning was a better far better QB and Romo has had two injury plagued seasons rather than just one. The Colts could have taken the cap hit.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I love taking any opportunity to dump on our braindead owner and his idiot son, but this thread is overreaction at its finest.

I'm sure within league circles, it's abundantly clear where Romo really wants to go and who legitimately has a shot at him, which probably killed any trade leverage we may have had.

Do people really think we're turning down a 5th round pick from the Broncos in favor of releasing him so he can go sign there anyway? Get real.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think he ends up getting released but seeing as we don't get the cap relief until June 1st anyway I'm not sure why we don't go through the draft day procedures before doing so. Releasing now and after the draft as a post June 1st cut is no different. Might as well wait and see if someone throws something at you at draft time.

The team gets some cap relief now. Not much, but some. Actually looks to be more than I was thinking.

LittleD

Reaction score
Gonna have to take a break from CZ this week lol so much overreaction

I may have to join you. There is Weeping, Gnashing & Blood Boiling all over this board right now.
Geez...so much testosterone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now...Now Stash take a pill and calm down. The Cowboys will field a team next September and we'll
still be talking on this board. All's well.

No, this level of bumbling incompetence I refuse to just let go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And for those that say the cowboys need to "do right" by Tony Romo......Jerry did make him the highest or one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the league. That it itself is the "do right"! The man got paid! Its not like he took a hometown discount or anything! He did give up his body for the cowboys but thats why you get paid the big bucks right??? I can't wait till this debacle is all over so we can just move forward without all this controversy.

Yeah I hate the "do right" by him crowd. They did right by him making him one of the highest paid QB's in the league.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
And yet there are other organizations that make it about the organization first.

New England is cutthroat as can be and that does not damage their "perception".

You don't see them struggling to sign free agents or lock up their own.

Jerry is making me sick to my stomach.

Guess I will log off, and forget about us for a month.

Why tell everyone in the league your going to release him for nothing, then expect someone to give you something for him???

IDIOT.

conner01

Reaction score
The book is out on Dallas and Jerry. Dallas is limited in cap space so they need whatever space they can get. Jerry will not screw over a player of Romo's stature and history of the team. People thinking Dallas would hold on to Romo until some needy team came knocking were fooling themselves. Jerry doesn't do that. He's going to give Romo a chance to get a good deal.
Like it or not that's Jerry. I know it's a business but he has a heart for his players. And I'm not so sure there was a great market for a trade.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I've said....this would not remotely surprise me.

Does not mean there wouldn't be offers. But the offers have to be enough and from the right teams.
Who knows...may a last minute hail mary trade offer come through. Not expecting it but one can hope.

Is more than nothing "enough"?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody knew Tony was leaving. No teams giving us anything for him.

That's nonsense. If multiple teams are interested you have a market. Only one team can sign him.

This is being done because Jerry Jones and his fat son Stephen are Hall of Fame caliber idiots. The same reason why this team had been the Bengals for two decades.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dallas' FO had no leverage
Self-inflicted wound.
The other players (Den, Hou, KC) knew that if they simply did nothing the game would eventually come to them and they could get Romo without having to give up anything.
Because of Jerry's inability to negotiate, in regards to personnel. He's too public and he's too worried about being Romo's friend.

Romo is an asset and there is a clear and obvious market for him. Businesses don't just give assets away for free.

If we are doing sooner than later, just to free up the $5M in cap room to sign a complete scrub like Barry Church we are seriously dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.