Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Baffles me we cant get a single pick for him? Romo probably has hou/den in mind and both have told jerry they aint giving him squat for tony.

Tony says release to me go to den/hou...

Jerry agrees.

LittleD

Reaction score
Lol the original post had no source was the point or this comment...

Sources said that Romo was going to be just released over a week ago. No one believed that source either. Romo was always
going to be given his outright release to negotiate with his new team. He will just not sign with any team in the division.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
And for those that say the cowboys need to "do right" by Tony Romo......Jerry did make him the highest or one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the league. That it itself is the "do right"! The man got paid! Its not like he took a hometown discount or anything! He did give up his body for the cowboys but thats why you get paid the big bucks right??? I can't wait till this debacle is all over so we can just move forward without all this controversy.

revospeed

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just graduated from the Jerry Jones School of Negotiation. I also just bought a new Mercedes. I think I'm going to get rid of my old Cadillac. Let me know by tomorrow if you guys want to buy the Cadillac, if no one wants to buy it, I'll just leave it in front of my house with the keys in it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As I've said....this would not remotely surprise me.

Does not mean there wouldn't be offers. But the offers have to be enough and from the right teams.
Who knows...may a last minute hail mary trade offer come through. Not expecting it but one can hope.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Our owner passed on what's best for our team so he can help Romo get what's best for him. Dumbest owner and GM.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
I think he ends up getting released but seeing as we don't get the cap relief until June 1st anyway I'm not sure why we don't go through the draft day procedures before doing so. Releasing now and after the draft as a post June 1st cut is no different. Might as well wait and see if someone throws something at you at draft time.

MikeT22

Reaction score
This is about one thing and one thing only. Jerry doing what's best for Romo over doing what's best for the Cowboys. This was always the biggest obstacle to overcome in getting anything of value.

Yep. And going back to the very beginning of Jerry's tenure, the biggest trade in Cowboys history, dealing Herschel Walker only happened because he was a leftover from the previous staff/team. If Walker had been acquired by Jerry we never would've had that trade because over the last 25+ years we've seen Jerry hold on to his players longer than he should or let them go for nothing doing what is best for them and not for the team.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
mismanaged again from the top down. personnel, salary cap, sock and jocks, you name it and the Jones boys will **** up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Baffles me we cant get a single pick for him? Romo probably has hou/den in mind and both have told jerry they aint giving him squat for tony.

Tony says release to me go to den/hou...

Jerry agrees.

Ask yourself this. Why would you trade for a guy you know team is going to get rid of? I wouldn't trade a draft pick for a 37 year old.......I'd just wait for a team to cut him. Especially a injury prone one.

People overrated Romo's trade value.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guess nobody is glad Jerry Jones is taking care of Tony?

After all, his feelings were always more important than some darn ol' draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.