Based simply on stats, are these 2 QB's similar?

sean10mm

Reaction score
The disease this place has is that if a player is disliked for any reason, they're talked about like they're ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EVER. Meanwhile, any name they heard from a chowderhead on the radio or TV is guaranteed to be an upgrade.

It's intensely stupid.

Don't act like you have any kind of guts to make a definitive statement on the matter.

Oh look it's an online tough guy, never seen one of those before.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The disease this place has is that if a player is disliked for any reason, they're talked about like they're ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EVER. Meanwhile, any name they heard from a chowderhead on the radio or TV is guaranteed to be an upgrade.

It's intensely stupid.

And then when you put idiots on Ignore, others say "What about free speech? I thought this was America"

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Ummm Dummy!! Dak was an All-Pro in 2016..the PFWA All Rookie team is logically by default the best All-Pro Rookies. Do you know what PFWA means or has Dak Hate completely absorbed your brain.

The only player who has been First Team All-Pro on the Cowboys since 2016 has been Zach Martin 2016, 2018 and 2019.

This myth that Dak had a All-Pro Cocoon is a myth created in your mind to lessen Dak's abilities and production.

Dak Hater's are too easy...
Dak was not an All-Pro in 2016... stop trolling.

So Dak has had 6 individual first team All-Pro seasons since he came in the league. Now count up Winstons. Count up all the Pro Bowls, too.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

It's intensely stupid.

Oh look it's an online tough guy, never seen one of those before.
Oh look, a cowardly troll, I have seen many of those before.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Jameis is more physically talented, but I'd take Dak over him any day just from a responsibility standpoint (on and off the field). Jameis is just not a good decision maker.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
His interception rate is high, but he was 2nd in the league in TD passes. I get that you can't have that many turnovers but to act like Winston couldn't cut his turnovers in half if he was standing in a clean pocket with a pro bowl caliber back and asked to be a game manager who doesn't need to throw 33 TD passes... sorry I don't see it.
Keep in mind that the same people on here laughing about this would have also laughed about Tannehill vs Dak at this exact same time last year. Then Tannehill switched teams and obliterated Dak with the fourth highest passer rating and eight highest yards per attempt in NFL history... who's laughing now?

I will say If he could find a way to reduce his turnovers.......yea he's probably a better QB than Dak. Love his arm and gunslinger mentality. Maybe the eye surgery will help. I'm sure he'll get another shot......

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If for no other reason this behavior indicates Winston is not a high brow thinker. Show me the stat of this antic compared to the professional leadership Dak exhibits at every turn.

Uncontrollable interception rates and lunacy is no way to go through an NFL life.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Trying to find similarities between Winston and Dak is like trying to find similarities between the Patriots and Browns. Dak’s QB record is 40-24 with 3 playoff appearances and one playoff win. Winston’s QB record is 28-42 and has zero playoff appearances because he’s led Tampa to 4 losing seasons in 5 years. Dak has a career passer rating of 97.0 while Winston has a career passer rating of 86.9. Dak has thrown 36 career INTs compared to 88 career INTs for Winston. Dak has scored 21 rushing TDs compared to 10 for Winston. Dak has great intangibles and leadership while Winston has none of the above. The bottom line is there aren’t any similarities between the two but some are looking for similarities because Winston could be had for a lot cheaper than Dak.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He also had 30 TDs and 5000 yards, which seems to be heroic milestones for Dak slobberers, and acting like every interception he threw was on him shows ignorance.
If Winston had 30 interceptions, then I conclude Dak would have 40 outside of his perfect cocoon of All-Pros.

What is your obsession with calling people “Dak slobberers”? It seems like something you really think about doing a lot.

He’s a hot guy though, I will admit.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
And yet the Saints were 6-0 with him. He manages games really well. He is a heady player who is accurate and makes good decisions!

He threw more than 25 passes in 6 games last year.
They were 5-1.

in one single game vs Tampa he threw 4 TD.

the other 5 games he combined for 5 TD.

But sure it was all him managing the game why they won.

that season he threw his career high 14 TD, he threw 12 INT.

Dak threw 30 and 11 last Year.
The offense was ranked first.

but yeah, he’s the reason we lost.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
And yet the Saints were 6-0 with him. He manages games really well. He is a heady player who is accurate and makes good decisions!
He’s also less accurate than Dak for their careers, and Daks had a much of her sample size...

also yards per attempt.
S
Bridgewater attempted ZERO passes over 20 yards.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What is your obsession with calling people “Dak slobberers”? It seems like something you really think about doing a lot.

No reason, he is motivated by his inner hate for himself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Winston was just 6 INT’s off of tying Dak’s career total for INT’s last season. Dak has been a model citizen while Winston has been suspended for off the field conduct. Winston and Dak being one and two in passing yards last season doesn’t make them similar. Winston turned the ball over 35 times last season. He accounted for more turnovers than TDs.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I actually can't even remember how it started... but we're rolling with it!

Reaction score
Going simply on stats, would you say these 2 QB's are very similar based on their first 4 years in the league:

QB #1

1,922 attempts 1,183 completions 62% Comp % 14,628 Yards 88 TD's 58 Int's 189 rushes 794 Yards 9 TD's

QB #2

2,071 Attempts 1,363 Completions 65.8% Comp. % 15,778 Yards 97 TD's 36 Int's 241 rushes 1,221 yards 21 TD's

In my opinion solely looking at stats (keeping in mind QB #1 had a very bad 5th year and those stats aren't factored into this) these 2 QB's stats are very similar.

QB #1 is about to be released and QB #2 is looking for $35+M/year in a new contract.

QB #1 is Jameis Winston

QB #2 is Dak Prescott

You lost me at "stats"

Oneiros

Reaction score
Going simply on stats, would you say these 2 QB's are very similar based on their first 4 years in the league:

QB #1

1,922 attempts 1,183 completions 62% Comp % 14,628 Yards 88 TD's 58 Int's 189 rushes 794 Yards 9 TD's

QB #2

2,071 Attempts 1,363 Completions 65.8% Comp. % 15,778 Yards 97 TD's 36 Int's 241 rushes 1,221 yards 21 TD's

In my opinion solely looking at stats (keeping in mind QB #1 had a very bad 5th year and those stats aren't factored into this) these 2 QB's stats are very similar.

QB #1 is about to be released and QB #2 is looking for $35+M/year in a new contract.

QB #1 is Jameis Winston

QB #2 is Dak Prescott
One of those things is not like the other. QB 1 has 21 less total TD's, 22 more INT's, over 1,000 less passing yards, lower completion percentage, and 427 less rush yards.

And it's not as if he's missing weapons on offense.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
One of those things is not like the other. QB 1 has 21 less total TD's, 22 more INT's, over 1,000 less passing yards, lower completion percentage, and 427 less rush yards.

And it's not as if he's missing weapons on offense.
And 8 less games. The numbers are actually remarkably similar on a per game basis, with a Winston having more interceptions and Dak having (way) more All-Pros.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

QB #1

QB #2

QB #1 is Jameis Winston

QB #2 is Dak Prescott
1 is not like 2. 1 is actually less than 2. Also, "one of these things is not like the other:.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has not improved, if we are being objective his rookie year still remains his best year. And your deflection is a joke, having Mike Evans alone does not offset having an offensive line stocked with future HOFers and one of the best RBs in the league. I'll say it again since you struggle with reading: Only a Dak slobberer would act like there is any kind of comparison between the rosters. Dak had a stacked offense on Day one. Winston was a number one pick who went straight to the worst team in the league. If Dak was drafted by Tampa Bay he would be in the XFL right now.
so his stats in 2019 are not better than 2016?