FEATURED Be a Cowboys fan (within the rules) the way you want

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
And also for the real truth. The homers are worse "haters" than the so called haters.

Why?

Because the so called haters hate how the football operations are mismanaged (we have nearly 3 straight decades of stark proof of this).

The "homers" hate people who point this out.

We hate incompetence that is holding the Cowboys back for decades.

Homers hate us.

Now, you tell me who the haters really are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And also for the real truth. The homers are worse "haters" than the so called haters.

Why?

Because the so called haters hate how the football operations are mismanaged (we have nearly 3 straight decades of stark proof of this).

Homers hate us.

Yea, what it boils down to is most of us critique and attack aspects of the Cowboys which is all within the rules. Anything Cowboys related is fair game.

Then there are the ones who bash and attempt to discredit these fans personally (who aren’t fair game) cause they don’t like the message, which usually borders or blatantly breaks the rules .

Frustration settles in when their arguments are exhausted or are too weak to sustain and they resort to these personal attacks . Then it can go back and forth once it commences often derailing threads.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dandy Don was the qb in 1969. Morton was the starter in 1970. Fans were saying that Landry can't win the big one.
I remember. But then he did win the big one and all that changed. Remember Landy won 2 went to 5. Sure the Cowboys got off to a rocky start as an expansion franchise, but once they started winning, they kept winning.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, what it boils down to is most of us critique and attack aspects of the Cowboys which is all within the rules. Anything Cowboys related is fair game.

Then there are the ones who bash and attempt to discredit these fans personally (who aren’t fair game) cause they don’t like the message, which usually borders or blatantly breaks the rules .

Frustration settles in when their arguments are exhausted or are too weak to sustain and they resort to these personal attacks . Then it can go back and forth once it commences often derailing threads.
There is some humorous irony about those who complain about “negative” threads or negativity in general, not realizing they have proclaimed themselves the deciders of what is negative, who is being negative and who isn’t. Apparently not realizing how negative it is to complain about members just sharing their opinions…on an opinion forum.

The lesson for all of us is simple. Let people here have their opinions. Even those we may not like seeing. If someone says this thread is “negative“, that’s fine. That’s their opinion. It doesn’t become a personal attack until insults and name calling ensue.

We should all be more tolerant of others’ opinions. Tolerance is not agreement. It’s just basic respect.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No not really. I didn't expect much though. The sb years weren't too far gone at that time. I knew we had to have a rebuild. I wasn't as much a cynic then. It was after Parcells left and I saw who Jerry picked as his next hc that I realized that Jerry wasn't that interested in winning titles. And it's been more of the same ever since.
You are right, 2007 was the year to bring in a decent HC to get us over the top. Again Jerry went back to the pholosophy that any coach can get us the SB and it failed miserably in the playoffs.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Why?

Homers hate us.

This. Spot on analysis!!

ArtClink

Reaction score
There is some humorous irony about those who complain about “negative” threads or negativity in general, not realizing they have proclaimed themselves the deciders of what is negative, who is being negative and who isn’t. Apparently not realizing how negative it is to complain about members just sharing their opinions…on an opinion forum.

The lesson for all of us is simple. Let people here have their opinions. Even those we may not like seeing. If someone says this thread is “negative“, that’s fine. That’s their opinion. It doesn’t become a personal attack until insults and name calling ensue.

We should all be more tolerant of others’ opinions. Tolerance is not agreement. It’s just basic respect.
Well said.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Spot on. I chuckle at the "super fans" who say if you don't wave the pom poms constantly and are critical of this team, you aren't a "real" fan. Most fans are going to be critical of their teams. They are there for the good and bad. It's kind of hard to stay positive for a franchise who hasn't been beyond the divisional round in nearing 30 years. Even Detroit has now broken their drought and got to the NFC title game last year. Hard to stay positive when the front office doesn't change their ways and we are stuck in an infinite loop of middle of the road.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Why?

Homers hate us.

Hater.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Spot on. I chuckle at the "super fans" who say if you don't wave the pom poms constantly and are critical of this team, you aren't a "real" fan. Most fans are going to be critical of their teams. They are there for the good and bad. It's kind of hard to stay positive for a franchise who hasn't been beyond the divisional round in nearing 30 years. Even Detroit has now broken their drought and got to the NFC title game last year. Hard to stay positive when the front office doesn't change their ways and we are stuck in an infinite loop of middle of the road.
Indeed. Jerry’s a broken record of failed football management and he’ll do what’s best for winning right after he sings with the choir eternal lol.

cowboyed

Reaction score
In here I only type naked but am sensible enough to wear high ankle socks and my football cleated athletic shoes. A wise man in here once told me that is how you post the naked truth on anything football. I've had my share of failures. Like once on a rooftop shining a flashlight down to the ground and trying to slide down a beam of light.

Last edited:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yet you said in the post I quoted that you have no respect for people who don't believe the team can win, and apparently don't consider then real fans.

So which is it?
Those people, like you, NEVER believe the team can win, and don't want them to.

You can think that the 2020 team was going to be bad once Dak got hurt. There is 0 reason to think the 2024 team has no chance.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
One of the ways Webster defines the term pragmatic is “practical as opposed to idealistic”. When it comes to my Cowboys fandom - that‘s me. Practical. Do “whatever it takes to win.” I’m not stuck on any particular player being the answer. Winning is more important to me than having a pet cat. I want to win and anyone who gives us a better shot to win is who I want. From the Front office to the punter. But…no one else has to agree with that, lol.

Let me also clarify my position on who should be the starting QB for Cowboys. The QB I want is whoever can give us the best shot to win that we currently have on the roster or have a realistic shot to get now or in the near future. I would not mind at all if this team moves on from Dak…IF…If we have someone better or we find someone who has the realistic potential to be better. As of today, I don’t see that QB on this roster. If I did, I would happily say so. Sadly, I also have zero confidence in this front office‘s ability to draft a first round QB of the future.(And anyone is free to disagree with me!)

Watching Trey Lance, a guy in his 4th NFL season, look like a Day 3 drafted rookie instead of the third pick in the 2021 draft did not encourage me at all. Sure he has two more PS games against backups and future Home Depot guys to show us something more. There’s a reason he was available last summer in that trade. But if he wows us somehow in some amazing turnaround maybe. Count me skeptical. But I could also always be happily wrong.

Here’s my bigger point…
I have followed this team for 60 years now starting at age six when my Dad took me to a Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl. I have literally seen every Cowboys playoff game in their entire history. (All on TV by the way) I love the Dallas Cowboys. Which also means I don’t always agree with what they do. Kinda like my wife, lol. Love her dearly, but we certainly don’t agree on everything. Doesn’t mean we don’t love and support each other.

So when anyone says Cowboys fans should meet some definition of what it means to be a good Cowboys fan, I find that humorous. Lord knows I want to win or I wouldn’t be here. I support any way a Cowboys fan wants to express their good or bad feelings (within the rules), who they like or dislike, etc. The one thing I don’t support is any of us telling a fellow Cowboys fan how to be ”a good Cowboys fan”.

Let‘s support our favorite team - and our fellow fans - the way we all choose to. It’s what makes this forum great.
Let Dak start playing with the scrubs.

See how well he does.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yet you said in the post I quoted that you have no respect for people who don't believe the team can win, and apparently don't consider then real fans.

So which is it?
I think its another case of what standard of winning are you referring to.
Winning actual championships or regular season banners?

Cuz the current HC and QB suck at playoff football.
The GM is clueless on basic roster construction.
That's 0 for 3 from the power triangle positions needed to achieve NFL success.

Sustaining these fake participation trophy one and done playoff exits ain't winning.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Those people, like you, NEVER believe the team can win, and don't want them to.

You can think that the 2020 team was going to be bad once Dak got hurt. There is 0 reason to think the 2024 team has no chance.
Yea, fans need to be careful how they state things. Words matter.

They may believe the team this year has no chance to win a SB but no one has a crystal ball.

When fans say “ zero chance “ it’s a pure speculative assertion regardless if there’s sound data , history and recent trends to support.

It’s really a waste of time to argue with fans who believe so strongly. There’s really nothing that will sway their beliefs .

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you really think the posters whose first response to anything that isn't 100% in line with their view is "hater" or "troll" are going to change?
My personal belief is this site needs to ban both of those words. The history of The Zone, back in the day when the temperaments were just as robust, there were distinct words which were banned from use. The Troll and Hater labels fly from both sides.

How can removing these inflammatory remarks not fit what was once used to ease the tension, and limit the immediacy of the insult when using them in these broad brush ways?