Big fan of Kellen Moore, but

glimmerman

Reaction score
Kellen Moore was 53-0 as a college QB. As a pro with two teams (DET, DAL) he played in parts of two 2015 season-ending losing games. Nothing about his record-setting college career suggests his meaningless NFL playing career directly relates to success as an OC in the NFL.

KM, without any previous coaching experience at any level, was given the 2018 QB coach job, where he oversaw a group of 3 players.

Now that he has — once again — been GIVEN the OC job for DC, there is no proven indication that he will succeed.

It’s puzzling that so many self-proclaimed knowledgeable fans are banking on him to be the overriding difference in the Cowboys’ 2019 fortunes — one way or the other.
:facepalm:
Had no idea he had a 53-0 record. Let’s hope
He brings some smarts to OC position. We will see.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Interesting that you look at an unproven coach like Moore as a sure thing. If we only listen to him all of our dreams will come true.

What the heck has he ever done to warrant that kind of respect? He's a complete unknown.
He is, for most of us...but apparently in Boise, he's gained an ardent following. Now, I don't know any Boisians(?) personally, so I won't speculate on their football player acumen, but I've heard enough praise from various sportscasters, journalists, and players/coaches with first hand knowledge of Moore, that I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of my optimism......whatever I can muster.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They say "those who can't, teach."
Linehan was a let down in my opinion. And so is any coach who can do more with the talent. Moore has an opportunity to get us closer. He has the talent and also a few position coaches to help.I wouldn't get too excited to see what he did in Boise St. He's not playing, he's running the offense. 2 different things.
But I'm optimistic until proven otherwise.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I dont understand the hype about him.

Well i understand when you read DC.com pages but the independent ones ?

He last year was the QB coach and Daks development was exactly ZIP.

Kellen Moore showed nothing that makes me believe he will be a good OC. I hope so. But right now the evidence is against him.

But then.... its the offseason. go on twitter junkies - waste some HDD space ;-)

You have proven to be unqualified to discuss anything that involves Dak Prescott.

All that aside, Dak was one of the best QB's in the 2nd half of the season last year. Now whether that had anything to do with Moore, I cant say.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But at least two steps more pessimistic, generally speaking.
I am an oasis of good will and optimism!
My step slow would be towards my neighbors thinking I should turn my music down...

Which I will happily take a step slower... just for them!

Mas Musica!

I just opened my windows... about to hit play on Bat Out Of Hell...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am an oasis good will and optimism!
My step slow would be towards my neighbors thinking I should turn my music down...

Which I will happily take a step slower... just for them!

Mas Musica!

I just opened my windows... about to hit play on Bat Out Of Hell...
Excellent choice! Follow it up with the one in which he slams his guitar into a Harley, the head of a Varsity Cheerleader, etc...I think it's "Wasted Youth"?, from Bat Out of Hell 2.

Corso

Reaction score
Excellent choice! Follow it up with the one in which he slams his guitar into a Harley, the head of a Varsity Cheerleader, etc...I think it's "Wasted Youth"?, from Bat Out of Hell 2.
Dude...
Stop it boy! What do you think you're doing?
And I said G-D daddy! You know I love you... But you have a lot to learn about Rock and Roll!!!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wait....Can we expect to see JG, Prescott and Moore having those playful "QB challenges?"

Wait longer! And Kitna? Oh please lord, make this happen. Our fans will have an epic meltdown......

Corso

Reaction score
Wait....Can we expect to see JG, Prescott and Moore having those playful "QB challenges?"

Wait longer! And Kitna? Oh please lord, make this happen. Our fans will have an epic meltdown......
I will take an honorary shot. I don't care where I am... I always keep a flask on me!

Corso

Reaction score
You'll love this, my good friend: I never drive.
Peeps have driven me for years. No... not chauffeurs... wife, fam and friends.
I'm responsible! Amongst my irresponsibility!

I Am Corso.

Us Outlaws are going the way of the Dodo...
The world will soon be a worse place without us.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
More respect. It's really as easy as making that one decision to not drive. Proud of ya pal.

Cheers!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I Am Corso.

Us Outlaws are going the way of the Dodo...
The world will soon be a worse place without us.
Indeed. Soft, glittery and surrounded in bubble-wrap. Triggered!