Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ive never believed Dak to be the entire problem and most here are rational enough to understand that, but Dak is most definitely a huge part of it.
his last 2 playoff performances leave alot to be desired. The number of folks here that are rational enough to understand Dak isnt the entire issue is dwindling. I think there should be a mourning period if you will its time to move on. If these folks that are supposed to be rational really thought we were going to make some noise with our issues as a team they were fooling themselves. We just got sent home sooner than I expected. We were never making it past the NFCG and the drought was going to continue

starfan1

Reaction score
Nope you have reading problems like most Dak only fans. I said you can't only blame the defense like the OP is trying to do.
but he isnt trying to blame just the defense here is his quote

First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Aven8

Reaction score
It comes down to culture. We’ve witnessed the same mistakes and front loaded teams for years, with different players and QB’s now. It keeps happening in big games. Since Romo and now Dak. It’s an issue but it won’t change. The only chance to win it all is in spite of all that. A mentally tough team that is fully loaded.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
his last 2 playoff performances leave alot to be desired. The number of folks here that are rational enough to understand Dak isnt the entire issue is dwindling. I think there should be a mourning period if you will its time to move on. If these folks that are supposed to be rational really thought we were going to make some noise with our issues as a team they were fooling themselves. We just got sent home sooner than I expected. We were never making it past the NFCG and the drought was going to continue
Well, there you have it, so some very tough decisions will have to be made, and just where are you suggesting going first, decision number one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope you have reading problems like most Dak only fans. I said you can't only blame the defense like the OP is trying to do.
I have no reading problems. You said the offense got us down 27-0, when the facts are the defense played a big part in it. The defense got us down 7-0 before our offense ever got the ball. Not once did our defense hold them to an FG the entire game. No matter where Green Bay started our defense couldn’t keep them out of the endzone. Dak and our offense didn’t play well, but they didn’t give up. Although most of it was in garbage time, Dak still put up over 400 yards and 3 TDs forcing Green Bay to have to reinsert their starters after pulling them early in the 4th quarter. Had the Packers not laid down in the fourth quarter they could’ve scored 60 if they needed to because our defense couldn’t stop them and quit! The Packers offense put up 41 points with over 10 minutes left in the game. That was the worst defensive performance in Cowboys playoff history.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
Okay, let's blame the person who makes the most money and doesn't step up when the bright lights shine. We can do that instead.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just cut through all the BS complaining and let's get down to some brass tacks, what is the first move that can have the greatest impact on this franchise's immediate future.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good HC .. .puts a well drilled, disciplined team on the field.. McCarthy (fail)

Good QB... always a (+) never a (-) to the offense. Dak (fail)
If you don't have those, you're just participating.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well, there you have it, so some very tough decisions will have to be made, and just where are you suggesting going first, decision number one.
decision 1 was made with zimmer now they (if they are all in) will need to do some some restructuring and extensions to free up space and the Dak domino will need to be a huge part of it.. Then they need to be a bit more active in the FA period. Not stupid just a bit more agressive at the huge need spots.

Just 1 mans opinion

morat1959

Reaction score
It comes down to culture. We’ve witnessed the same mistakes and front loaded teams for years, with different players and QB’s now. It keeps happening in big games. Since Romo and now Dak. It’s an issue but it won’t change. The only chance to win it all is in spite of all that. A mentally tough team that is fully loaded.
A franchise QB is the only chance we have of overcoming the circus. I’ve been saying this for years. The Jones aren’t going anywhere.

morat1959

Reaction score
Just cut through all the BS complaining and let's get down to some brass tacks, what is the first move that can have the greatest impact on this franchise's immediate future.
See my post just below yours.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
This is not his 1st playoff debacle pls remember that folks.
Events went as follows....
He got sacked......no FG for us.
Then he follows with great leadership and throws 2 picks one a pick 6.
The defense just gave up and can you blame them?
So as the P/O is trying to do consider the above before you.............
look-away-bridesmaids-sexpectations-gif.gif

Philmonroe

Reaction score
sure he can.
its called a shootout
its been done
you really think if Dak had been able to make something happen in the first qtr, get a TD, that it would NOT HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE?
No score until it was 27-0 is on him almost as much as on the D
AND of course you forget his PICK 6
The person you quoted is a D.O.D aka Dak over Dallas. No matter what you say it is always a counter to absolve blame from this number 4 character. Like @Typhus said I think a nice amount of these DODs are fantasy football players because the stat bandito will help you win there.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure he can.
its called a shootout
its been done
you really think if Dak had been able to make something happen in the first qtr, get a TD, that it would NOT HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE?
No score until it was 27-0 is on him almost as much as on the D
AND of course you forget his PICK 6
Dak don't do Shoot-outs!
Dak needs a fast lead or else the Deer in the Headlights makes its appearance.
He couldn't even come back against the Cards...........THE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The poor team as they gotta carry the Daktrash every week!!!! :facepalm:

Staubacher

Reaction score
It all comes back to Jerry for me. Until he reduces his role and time in the limelight, we’ll be stuck in this perpetual cycle.
Part of that perpetual cycle is overpaying this choking quarterback and telling everyone he's a great leader and building the team around him. So don't make an excuse for telling us it's an easy way out to complain about this quarterback who was killing this team.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak don't do Shoot-outs!
Dak needs a fast lead or else the Deer in the Headlights makes its appearance.
He couldn't even come back against the Cards...........THE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The poor team as they gotta carry the Daktrash every week!!!! :facepalm:
You’ll never convince THEM. It’s not about winning the SB. It’s about Dak’s fantasy numbers or a different agenda all together.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Blaming Jerry is the easiest way out.
Jerry can't read defenses and waits until the end of the game to come alive after the Scubs come in.

Jerry sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.