Bossman Fat

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can you imagine if we go the KSK route and take Alim McNeil in the 2nd?
Ugh, you just made my lunch roll in my stomach, K. Darn this front office with their habitual bad picks during the 2nd round over the years. Looks like they finally got it right this year though with Sam Williams. ;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Bossman finally gets a chance to play and he gets beat on a throw then leaves the game due to illness. I know he is a Jerry Jones second round gamble draft pick but are we seriously stuck with this guy for another 6 years?
lets just already admit to what we know. we just need to cut him. he is a 2nd round total bust

J_Allen

Reaction score
Worst pick of the draft, definitely. The guy had bust written all over him. Asante Samuel Jr. was clearly the better player and was there for the taking.

Yeah but Asante Samuel was not going to be a team distraction and that's why he wasn't taken.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Haven't the Cowboys had a number of players coming down with an illness the last two weeks? Something could be going around and he got it on game day instead of during the week. I don't know the details so I won't criticize him for getting sick. I think fans are a little hard on him. He got off to a bad start with the Cowboys as a rookie, then had that legal problem and he has not played. But I think he shows some ability. His problem looks like inexperience. He has no ball skills. He never looks back for the ball and has no idea what to do as the ball approaches the receiver. But that can be taught. One thing he does have is makeup speed, which cannot be taught.

What I don't know about the guy is if has has the brains to play, the desire to learn, or the will to put in the work. I don't think the Cowboys will cut him. He is not making a lot of money and he could be CJ Goodwin's replacement.

Exactly. Questionable character, not sure about his ambition; rapper, thug or pro football as a love where he can make an "honest" living salary for a few years compounded to more. Or just putting on a Starred uniform and tell his ring, look at me, I made it.

His on field asset so far is his speed not something between his ears.

Nevertheless, hope he pans out as a player and person.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm prepared to help support lil' Kelvin's rap career if it means he'll stay off the field.
And I hate rap music,.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
That's fine but so why does he not get credit for the good......exactly
Because the Cowboys haven’t been to the NFC Championship game in 27 years, and he’s the boss.
So he gets the blame ( and rightly so)!

Loso86

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys haven’t been to the NFC Championship game in 27 years, and he’s the boss.
So he gets the blame ( and rightly so)!
That's fine so why don't he get the blame for the good too...I mean he's the boss....right?

Beaker42

Reaction score
He’s garbage and I actually wouldn’t be surprised to see him cut in the off-season. Unfortunately, with brown likely moving on in free agency, Bossman probably gets another year.
Unless we draft over his worthless azz.

T-RO

Reaction score
Byron Jones got burnt regularly before he turned into a shutdown CB and getting a huge deal with Miami.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In Dallas Byron had an elite completion suppression rate and yards-per-attempt allowed. Elite. Good in run support too. That's *why* he was coveted in free agency and got that big Dolphin contract.

Only knock on the guy was he couldn't hold onto interceptions.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nothing could be further from the truth. In Dallas Byron had an elite completion suppression rate and yards-per-attempt allowed. Elite. Good in run support too. That's *why* he was coveted in free agency and got that big Dolphin contract.

Only knock on the guy was he couldn't hold onto interceptions.
Go back and look at his year 1 and 2. Completely different story than the rest of his career.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
He’s done. I could see the team looking at CB in round 1. May even re-sign Brown because they really seem to like him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You just can't contain your glee can you? Your love and obsession with the CB position gets worse with each passing year.
Creed Humphrey future 12 year pro bowl 8 year all pro says hello.

plymkr

Reaction score
We keep hearing about his talent. Only thing he has proved is he can be a ST player. Is that enough to keep him on the gameday roster?
I don't think there are any other guys that would be better at STs and play CB in a pinch. Albeit not great CB but he can play it if we need him. I think he's better than Wright at STs and that's his ticket on the field. Wright must be really bad.

Besides Diggs, we've had some bad luck with CBs. Chido played better for the Bengals than us, Claiborne never lived up to his 6th overall pick status, Byron played an average safety and then we move him to CB and he balls out for 1 year then we lose him.