Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Has there ever been a game you lost where McNabb hasn't been injured?

This lame excuse has run its course.
11 in 1999, 6 in 2000, 6 in 2001, 3 in 2002, and 1 last year (SF).

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Last year Dawkins played hurt all year and Barely played the 7 games he started.

Try to factor this in next time you throw out stats.

No, your trying to factor those 7 games in saying that Dawkins is better than Williams is a joke...

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Was the Woodson quote before or after Roy Williams came into the league?

And just to put player quotes into perspective a little too, back in 93 or so Jerry Rice in an interview called Micheal Irvin the best WR in the game.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA -- For Philadelphia Eagles' guard Shawn Andrews, eating, breathing and sleeping have long been a challenge -- until now.

Andrews and the rest of the Eagles' rookies participated in the first day of the team's rookie minicamp on Wednesday. It was one of the first workouts for Andrews, the Eagles' first-round pick in this year's draft, since he underwent surgery May 7 to remove polyps from his nasal passages.

The polyps hindered Andrews' ability to breathe through his nose, while also impairing his sense of smell. During his college career at Arkansas, Andrews took medication that not only relieved the condition, but also helped cause the offensive lineman's weight to balloon to about 400 pounds.

During the hour-and-a-half procedure, the surgeon removed polyps, some the size of small grapes, from Andrews' nose.

When the Eagles traded up to select him with the 16th overall pick, the 6-foot-4 Andrews had slimmed down to 345 pounds. Now, he's 349.

"I did splurge to see how it felt to taste some of the foods I was eating but missed out on how they taste," said Andrews, who has consulted a nutritionist and plans to stick to a healthy diet.

In addition to allowing him to taste what he's eating, he said the surgery keeps him in better shape because it improved his breathing.

"I get more oxygen," Andrews said. "I sat out for two and half weeks after the surgery, and I came back, and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I would be. One, because I kept eating right, and two because I get more oxygen."

CapnComeback

Reaction score
Nors said:
The schedule is weak upfront and gets tough as the season wears on

Giants
Vikes
@Lions
@Pack

This looks like a 3-1 start, would be nice to see them stumble 2-2

Panthers - L
@BROWNS ????
Ravens - L
@Steelers - ????

Two tough AFC road games around Panthers/Ravens!
2-2 and could be 1-3

@Cowboys - L
Commanders - W
Giants -W
Packers - ?????

This is 3-1 to 2-2, Green Bay plays big this year

@Commanders - This is where Gibbs can Spoil
Cowboys - For division
@Rams - L
Cinci - Team on Rise and Palmer probably broken or Benched

This could be 2-2 stumble finish with potential for worse.

Thats best 10-6 to Worst of 7-9

I thought that Philly opened against the Browns.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Has there ever been a game you lost where McNabb hasn't been injured?

This lame excuse has run its course.

I have to concur here. It's because McNabb had a thumb injury. It's because McNabb had an ankle injury. It's because he doesn't have good enough wide receivers. It's because of Andy Reid's play calling.

I've got an idea. How about it's because McNabb is not and has never been an accurate quarterback. It's because he throws the ball 10 feet over a receivers' head and at their ankles (aka "worm balls").

I'm sure when the Eagles fail this year there will be some excuse. Personally, I'm rooting for an NFC championship game, in Philadelphia, between Dallas and Philly. They've had their hearts broken three years in a row now, and Dallas beating them there would be the ultimate. :)

/endrant

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I have to concur here. It's because McNabb had a thumb injury. It's because McNabb had an ankle injury. It's because he doesn't have good enough wide receivers. It's because of Andy Reid's play calling.

I've got an idea. How about it's because McNabb is not and has never been an accurate quarterback. It's because he throws the ball 10 feet over a receivers' head and at their ankles (aka "worm balls").

I'm sure when the Eagles fail this year there will be some excuse. Personally, I'm rooting for an NFC championship game, in Philadelphia, between Dallas and Philly. They've had their hearts broken three years in a row now, and Dallas beating them there would be the ultimate. :)

/endrant
Actually McNabb is a lot more accurate than you think. When McNabb throws the ball into the ground, a lot of the time he means to do it, he is "scared" to get picked off, and he very rarely overthrows defenders. At the begininng of last season (first 6 games), he was very inaccurate, because of the thumb injury, the last 10 games he was very accurate, and had the best quarterback rating in the league over that ammount of time.

The Dallas lost was because of McNabb's injury and the botched onside kick, you would be ignorant to think otherwise. I want you to look at the stats from last year, the games that he was injured in, he was awful, and the games that he wasn't injured in, he was better than the two MVP winners (better records too). Now look at that stats from before the injury in the NFC Championship game and after and it will show you that McNabb is a great quarterback.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Actually McNabb is a lot more accurate than you think. When McNabb throws the ball into the ground, a lot of the time he means to do it, he is "scared" to get picked off, and he very rarely overthrows defenders. At the begininng of last season (first 6 games), he was very inaccurate, because of the thumb injury, the last 10 games he was very accurate, and had the best quarterback rating in the league over that ammount of time.

The Dallas lost was because of McNabb's injury and the botched onside kick, you would be ignorant to think otherwise. I want you to look at the stats from last year, the games that he was injured in, he was awful, and the games that he wasn't injured in, he was better than the two MVP winners (better records too). Now look at that stats from before the injury in the NFC Championship game and after and it will show you that McNabb is a great quarterback.

If he is so accurate, how come he is the only QB in a WCO with a comp % below 60%?

I also recall, since you love your Woodson quote so much, McNabb saying the thumb was a non-issue.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Last I checked, on-side kicks were part of the game and Reid, the Eagles head coach, decided to try one. McNabb's "injury" was not a factor any more than any injury was a factor in the opening losses to the Bucs and Pats. I have that game tivo'd and I've watched it several times. :) The Eagles lost that game because McNabb couldn't handle the 0 coverage blitz, he couldn't hit wide open receivers who had one on one coverage. In the second meeting, Dallas lost that game on turnovers, I might remind you that the second game was tied 10-10 at halftime.

Stop playing the injury card, stop playing the "no wide receivers" card. McNabb is an average quarterback. No excuses this year, he has a top 5 wide receiver, and if he gets injured yet again there will be no escaping the "injury prone" tag.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
If he is so accurate, how come he is the only QB in a WCO with a comp % below 60%?

I also recall, since you love your Woodson quote so much, McNabb saying the thumb was a non-issue.
Because he is "scared" to throw an interception.

McNabb has the 4th Highest TD:INT percentage in NFL HISTORY.

What would you rather have,

57% completion percentage and 9.8 interceptions a season.
than a guy who throws the ball 63% and 18.3 interceptions a season.

Personally, I would rather have the first stat than the second one.

Just imagine that stat with Owens...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Owens getting real pissed at the one hoppers and air mailed passes coming his way!

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Last I checked, on-side kicks were part of the game and Reid, the Eagles head coach, decided to try one. McNabb's "injury" was not a factor any more than any injury was a factor in the opening losses to the Bucs and Pats. I have that game tivo'd and I've watched it several times. :) The Eagles lost that game because McNabb couldn't handle the 0 coverage blitz, he couldn't hit wide open receivers who had one on one coverage. In the second meeting, Dallas lost that game on turnovers, I might remind you that the second game was tied 10-10 at halftime.

Stop playing the injury card, stop playing the "no wide receivers" card. McNabb is an average quarterback. No excuses this year, he has a top 5 wide receiver, and if he gets injured yet again there will be no escaping the "injury prone" tag.
McNabb's thumb injury costed us that game, he couldn't handle the ball and it caused him to fumble at the end of the game. The blitz's that came at McNabb made it tough for him to hold onto the ball, and made him insecure, and he is normally "cool" under pressure. Yes the injury did cost us the Pats game, made him play AWFUL against good schemes, not a good combo. We also had SO many players out that game. The Buc game as well. Still those two teams crushed us, we still scored 21 points against you.

Remember the score of the second game, 36-10. HA!

AJM1613

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I forget to mention, the 63% and 18.3 interceptions where Payton Manning's stats.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Nors said:
Owens getting real pissed at the one hoppers and air mailed passes coming his way!
Wow you're scared. At least make good arguements.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

An accurate QB with a great arm would not be SCARED to throw INTs. Playing in a dink and dunk offense is what keeps his INTs down. Most QBs in the WCO, everyone but Favre, don't throw a lot of picks because the system uses the RBs and pick plays to free up receivers.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
An accurate QB with a great arm would not be SCARED to throw INTs. Playing in a dink and dunk offense is what keeps his INTs down. Most QBs in the WCO, everyone but Favre, don't throw a lot of picks because the system uses the RBs and pick plays to free up receivers.
They would be scared with these recievers. We had the worst recievers in the league (or close to it) and McNabb never trusted them. Favre averages 16.1 interceptions a season, try again.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I forget to mention, the 63% and 18.3 interceptions where Payton Manning's stats.

Manning completes 63%, 4,148 yards, 28TDs, 18 INTs.

McNabb averages 17 TDs and 10 INTs that's plus SEVEN, I believe Manning is plus
TEN in Td/INT.

If you are going to make a comparison at least make one that supports your arguement.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
They would be scared with these recievers. We had the worst recievers in the league (or close to it) and McNabb never trusted them. Favre averages 16.1 interceptions a season, try again.

Favre averages 26.6 TDs a season too, again PLUS TEN, to McNabb's PLUS SEVEN!

TRY AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.