Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Manning completes 63%, 4,148 yards, 28TDs, 18 INTs.

McNabb averages 17 TDs and 10 INTs that's plus SEVEN, I believe Manning is plus
TEN in Td/INT.

If you are going to make a comparison at least make one that supports your arguement.
TD passes and yards are pointless, look at points scored and TOP, they are WAY more important.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Favre averages 26.6 TDs a season too, again PLUS TEN, to McNabb's PLUS SEVEN!

TRY AGAIN!
TOP (Time of Possession), and Points scored. I don't know where too find these stats.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
TD passes and yards are pointless, look at points scored and TOP, they are WAY more important.

Listen, you use a stat, McNabbs GREAT TD/INT ratio, I blow your mindless opinion completely out of the water, and now you tell me YOUR OWN STAT is not important.

You are a troll. Come to our board and discuss and debate like an adult, and none of us will have a problem. You, however, don't do that. You make these incredible homer-like statements, get challenged with facts, try to support them with facts of your own, that work AGAINST you, so now you want to change your arguement again.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Listen, you use a stat, McNabbs GREAT TD/INT ratio, I blow your mindless opinion completely out of the water, and now you tell me YOUR OWN STAT is not important.

You are a troll. Come to our board and discuss and debate like an adult, and none of us will have a problem. You, however, don't do that. You make these incredible homer-like statements, get challenged with facts, try to support them with facts of your own, that work AGAINST you, so now you want to change your arguement again.
The TD interception ratio is incredible because he DOESN'T THROW a lot of TDs. If I could find out where he ranks on interceptions:attempts (a lot more important) he would probably the best ever at that. I give stats that I know, even though I don't actually always agree.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
I'll bet Donovan would never use his injuries as an excuse for his teams failures.

The sad fact is the Eagles got beat by a better team in the championship game. Donovan threw 3 picks and his backup also threw one. He got sacked all over the field and his receivers were totally dominated by a pretty sad Carolina secondary by the way.

He's going to have to play better.

I thought the Titans were the second best team in the league last year. New England had to blitz almost every play in the second half to get to Macnair because he just never missed a receiver. He had twice the amount of injuries and more of McNabb and he never misses a beat. Heck he was so beat up in the playoffs he couldn't even practice.

Using injuries as an excuse is weak.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
TOP (Time of Possession), and Points scored. I don't know where too find these stats.

INDY 30.54 TOP, 48TDs, 37 FGs

GB 30.52, 53TDs, 23FGs

PHILLY 28.17, 43TDs, 24 FGs

I guess these stats aren't important either, now.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
The TD interception ratio is incredible because he DOESN'T THROW a lot of TDs. If I could find out where he ranks on interceptions:attempts (a lot more important) he would probably the best ever at that. I give stats that I know, even though I don't actually always agree.

Probably, before you said he was 4th best all-time. INT % is based on picks per attempt, so guys that throw more passes will have more chances to throw INTs, but their % could be the same.

McNabb INT% is 2.3, Garcia's is 2.4, Hasselbeck's is 2.6, Favre's is 3.2, Manning's is 3.3.

McNabbs percentage is in line with other WC QBs, Favre and Manning both throw the ball down the field more and that is why they have more INTs to go along with more yards and TDs.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BillsFan said:
I'll bet Donovan would never use his injuries as an excuse for his teams failures.

The sad fact is the Eagles got beat by a better team in the championship game. Donovan threw 3 picks and his backup also threw one. He got sacked all over the field and his receivers were totally dominated by a pretty sad Carolina secondary by the way.

He's going to have to play better.

I thought the Titans were the second best team in the league last year. New England had to blitz almost every play in the second half to get to Macnair because he just never missed a receiver. He had twice the amount of injuries and more of McNabb and he never misses a beat. Heck he was so beat up in the playoffs he couldn't even practice.

Using injuries as an excuse is weak.
McNair's injuries were minor, McNabb's directly effected his throw, McNair's were leg injuries. McNair also didn't play in some games, McNabb played in all.

A good player never uses excuses.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
INDY 30.54 TOP, 48TDs, 37 FGs

GB 30.52, 53TDs, 23FGs

PHILLY 28.17, 43TDs, 24 FGs

I guess these stats aren't important either, now.
I want an average, not last year...We had a bad year I know.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Probably, before you said he was 4th best all-time. INT % is based on picks per attempt, so guys that throw more passes will have more chances to throw INTs, but their % could be the same.

McNabb INT% is 2.3, Garcia's is 2.4, Hasselbeck's is 2.6, Favre's is 3.2, Manning's is 3.3.

McNabbs percentage is in line with other WC QBs, Favre and Manning both throw the ball down the field more and that is why they have more INTs to go along with more yards and TDs.
Still the lowest...

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I want an average, not last year...We had a bad year I know.

NFL.COM only goes back to 2002, so here is the 2 year average.

INDY 30.53, 44 TDs, 30 FGs

GB 31.01, 49 TDs, 25.5 FGs

PHILLY 29.64, 45.5 TDs, 27 FGs

You are still bringing up the rear, Adam.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
NFL.COM only goes back to 2002, so here is the 2 year average.

INDY 30.53, 44 TDs, 30 FGs

GB 31.01, 49 TDs, 25.5 FGs

PHILLY 29.64, 45.5 TDs, 27 FGs

You are still bringing up the rear, Adam.
Sorry Feely for 6 games didn't get us further...about 10 points a game for him (except where he played you it was still a blowout).

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Still the lowest...

By .1 over Garcia and Garcia has averaged 22.6 TDs and completed over 60%.

Let me do a premptive strike for you, BUT GARCIA HAD OWENS.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Sorry Feely for 6 games didn't get us further...about 10 points a game for him (except where he played you it was still a blowout).

Fact, EXCUSE, fact, ANOTHER EXCUSE, fact, YET ANOTHER EXCUSE.

As one of the greatest football coaches said, and I'm not quoting Fat Andy, "You are what you are, no excuses."

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Fact, EXCUSE, fact, ANOTHER EXCUSE, fact, YET ANOTHER EXCUSE.

As one of the greatest football coaches said, and I'm not quoting Fat Andy, "You are what you are, no excuses."
How is saying Feeley started an excuse for an arguement that is about McNabb scoring a lot of points for us.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
By .1 over Garcia and Garcia has averaged 22.6 TDs and completed over 60%.

Let me do a premptive strike for you, BUT GARCIA HAD OWENS.
Exactly, now McNabb does, wait and see.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
How is saying Feeley started an excuse for an arguement that is about McNabb scoring a lot of points for us.

You are kidding, right?

You start this out in this thread about your safeties, I show you stats, you say stats don't matter. EXCUSE

Several of us give you the fear factor. You give us, Roy misses A LOT of tackles and Dawkins NEVER missed a tackle. You have no proof of either of those statements, but than again stats don't matter.

You start quoting a pre-Williams quote by Woodson.

You come back with McNabb being hurt as the reason for everything. EXCUSE

You say he is accurate, inspite of his completion percentage and has the 4th best INT % in NFL history. I show you other WCO QBs and you bring up Manning and Favre and their INT totals and comp % versus McNabb.

I show you that they are infact BETTER than McNabb because they have a better TD/INT ratio. You say, well what's really important is TOP and points. EXCUSE

I show you that GB and INDY both KILLED PHILLY in those stats. You say no fair, I want an average. EXCUSE

I give you a two year average, and again PHILLY is last. You say, but Feely hurt our total, because McNabb was hurt. EXCUSE

Did I bring up Manning missing James in 2002? Did I bring up Favre's injured thumb, or Green missing games?

Adam stop crying like a little girl everytime someone proves you are wrong.

After all McNabb said HIMSELF that his injury was not an EXCUSE.

kmd24

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Because he is "scared" to throw an interception.

McNabb has the 4th Highest TD:INT percentage in NFL HISTORY.

What would you rather have,

57% completion percentage and 9.8 interceptions a season.
than a guy who throws the ball 63% and 18.3 interceptions a season.

Personally, I would rather have the first stat than the second one.

Just imagine that stat with Owens...

How does throwing a ball away vs. throwing an interception have anything to do with completion percentage? Interceptions don't count as completions, in case you weren't aware.

When a QB has pressure, he will either take a sack, throw it away, or run. One could argue that since McNabb takes a lot of sacks and runs far more often than the typical QB, his completion percentage should be much higher than, say Manning's, since Manning will be forced to throw the ball away rather than run when he gets pressured. McNabb had 25 more sacks and about 50 more rushes than Manning. Had McNabb thrown the ball away just on the 25 additional sacks, his completion percentage would have been 3% lower.

Pardon this interruption of your homerism. Please continue...

AJM1613

Reaction score
kmd24 said:
How does throwing a ball away vs. throwing an interception have anything to do with completion percentage? Interceptions don't count as completions, in case you weren't aware.

When a QB has pressure, he will either take a sack, throw it away, or run. One could argue that since McNabb takes a lot of sacks and runs far more often than the typical QB, his completion percentage should be much higher than, say Manning's, since Manning will be forced to throw the ball away rather than run when he gets pressured. McNabb had 25 more sacks and about 50 more rushes than Manning. Had McNabb thrown the ball away just on the 25 additional sacks, his completion percentage would have been 3% lower.

Pardon this interruption of your homerism. Please continue...
2 Words:

James Thrash

AJM1613

Reaction score
Just to let you all know, I know that Manning and McNair are better than McNabb, I'm not an idiot. All I am saying is that McNabb's inaccuracy isn't as bad as you think it is, but it isn't great. He is a top 3 quarterback in this league, but he even I wouldn't say he was better than McNair or Manning. When a quarterback has such a high TD:INT ratio (4th highest in NFL history) and such awful recievers (James Thrash, Torence Small, Charles Johnson, Na Brown, and Todd Pinkston who is decent) it is kind of hard to believe how bad all you think he is, that is EXTREME homerism on your part. A guy who was runner up for the MVP in 2000, the front runner for the MVP in 2002 before he got hurt, and who out preformed the other two MVPs the last 10 games of last season after his thumb got better. He is also ranked third in interception percentage. THAT IS AMAZING! In 2000 he accounted for 74% of the offense, THIRD ALL TIME. In 2002 he played a game on a broken leg and completed 80% of his passes and 4 TDs. Also McNabb has more playoff wins in his first five years than Montana, Elway, Favre or Simms and has one of the highest winning percentages in the history of the NFL for anyone with as many starts as him. He is also the only quarterback in the NFL that has made it to the playoffs 4 years in a row.

For all of you stats gurus, you should think that that is amazing that an overrated average quarterback could put up such great stats.

It is hard for me to believe that you all call me a homer, when none of you will give this guy the credit he deserves. I don't know if it is because you are racist or your vision is clouded with those "blue colored" glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.