Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Just to let you all know, I know that Manning and McNair are better than McNabb, I'm not an idiot. All I am saying is that McNabb's inaccuracy isn't as bad as you think it is, but it isn't great. He is a top 3 quarterback in this league, but he even I wouldn't say he was better than McNair or Manning. When a quarterback has such a high TD:INT ratio (4th highest in NFL history) and such awful recievers (James Thrash, Torence Small, Charles Johnson, Na Brown, and Todd Pinkston who is decent) it is kind of hard to believe how bad all you think he is, that is EXTREME homerism on your part. A guy who was runner up for the MVP in 2000, the front runner for the MVP in 2002 before he got hurt, and who out preformed the other two MVPs the last 10 games of last season after his thumb got better. He is also ranked third in interception percentage. THAT IS AMAZING! In 2000 he accounted for 74% of the offense, THIRD ALL TIME. In 2002 he played a game on a broken leg and completed 80% of his passes and 4 TDs. Also McNabb has more playoff wins in his first five years than Montana, Elway, Favre or Simms and has one of the highest winning percentages in the history of the NFL for anyone with as many starts as him. He is also the only quarterback in the NFL that has made it to the playoffs 4 years in a row.

For all of you stats gurus, you should think that that is amazing that an overrated average quarterback could put up such great stats.

It is hard for me to believe that you all call me a homer, when none of you will give this guy the credit he deserves. I don't know if it is because you are racist or your vision is clouded with those "blue colored" glasses.

Earth to ADAM, this is a COWBOYS' FORUM, if you want man-love for McNabb take your EXCUSE-MAKING SELF to an Eagles' forum where you belong.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Earth to ADAM, this is a COWBOYS' FORUM, if you want man-love for McNabb take your EXCUSE-MAKING SELF to an Eagles' forum where you belong.

i hear that. i wonder how many cowboys fans are spending all their time at eagles boards.

RWhite%20(2).jpg

tufffguy

Reaction score
Nors said:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp

These guys are perilously close to having a BAD defense.

Westbrook and Buckholter are somewhat Frail and the Dline has had Injury issues for Years.

I see the Eagles on the way down as we are going up........

you're a homer...
the eagles prepared for every guy that they lost drafting db's three years ago-
they lost so many games to injury on the defense that those guy actually played more than vincent and taylor- and played well enough for the front office to let guys walk-
and on the d-line: fastballs of burgess, mcdoogle,green of injury with kalu-kearse coming of the edge- run stuffers holis thomas, sam rayburn and all around pass/run simon and walker-
their d will actually have depth and tons of all pro type talent- even with all the injuries- 12-4, best in the nfc- this year they get key players back, kearse and owens?
think before you type- stop dreaming!!!
this will be arriving in philly in february 2005
vince_lombardi.jpg

tufffguy

Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
i hear that. i wonder how many cowboys fans are spending all their time at eagles boards.

http://eagles.hosttown.com/index.php?

the cowboy fans are everywhere- seeing how it is one of the oldest and best boards- some have finally found one here- but your smck came up on our boards and we came in to properly defend ourselves...
first off-
boooooooooooooooo!

now let's sing:
jingle bells
this thread smells
cowboy fans are really gaaayyyy!

oh what fun it is
to type and scream
the cowboys will rue the daaayyyy!

toot-a-loo :)

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
tufffguy said:
you're a homer...
they lost so many games to injury on the defense that those guy actually played more than vincent and taylor- and played well enough for the front office to let guys walk-
and on the d-line: fastballs of burgess, mcdoogle,green of injury with kalu-kearse coming of the edge- run stuffers holis thomas, sam rayburn and all around pass/run simon and walker-
their d will actually have depth and tons of all pro type talent- even with all the injuries- 12-4, best in the nfc- this year they get key players back, kearse and owens?
vince_lombardi.jpg

This troll makes me appreciate our resident eagle fan AMJ...

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
My name isn't Adam.

I'm only defending my team, this was a thread started by a Cowboy fan about the Eagles being average. He is WRONG and I had to call him out on it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
My name isn't Adam.

I'm only defending my team, this was a thread started by a Cowboy fan about the Eagles being average. He is WRONG and I had to call him out on it.

I stated factually that your defense was in decline last year. You HAD a good defense. Losing both corners and a below average Linebacking core with no depth will exacerbate your problem in 2004.

No way your Safeties last the season. JR Reed and his dreds may be called on to actually play!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tufffguy said:
da_boyz_mk said:

http://eagles.hosttown.com/index.php?

the cowboy fans are everywhere- seeing how it is one of the oldest and best boards- some have finally found one here- but your smck came up on our boards and we came in to properly defend ourselves...
first off-
boooooooooooooooo!

now let's sing:
jingle bells
this thread smells
cowboy fans are really gaaayyyy!

oh what fun it is
to type and scream
the cowboys will rue the daaayyyy!

toot-a-loo :)

Knock off the gay stuff and show a little maturity on this board.

This is not the philly board....This is the cowboys board....If the philly board does not like the cowboys fans on their site, and those cowboys fans get out of line then they can ban them.....trust me if the eagles fans on this board (or any poster of any team, including the cowboys) gets out of line...they will get the boot.

So if your board can not handle the people there....do not try bringing it here.

Fair enough?

InParcellsWetrust

Reaction score
You guys created quite a stir on the Eagles message board with what you had to say! it was funny to watch them cry then get angry then laugh they remind me of Cybil

kmd24

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Just to let you all know, I know that Manning and McNair are better than McNabb, I'm not an idiot.

Then why did you compare McNabb's and Manning's stats and say that you'd rather have McNabb?

I don't dispute McNabb's value to his team. Despite some evidence to the contrary (Feely in 2002), I think the Eagles would struggle mightily without McNabb.

But to suggest that his completion percentage is low because he purposely throws balls into the dirt to avoid interceptions is completely illogical.

I didn't even mention the fact that Eagles running backs caught about 36% of all Philadelphia completions. Indianapolis completed only 21% of their passes to running backs. Passes to running backs generally have a much higher completion percentage, another reason why McNabb's 57% completion rate is dreadfully low.

Before you object, let me remind you that *you* compared McNabb to Manning, not me. You also suggested that you would rather have McNabb than Manning, which is ludicrous, IMO. There are a few things McNabb does far better than Manning, but in the vast majority of important QB skills, McNabb is not even close to Manning.

InParcellsWetrust

Reaction score
I know it's goin to sound a little out of place for a new guy saying this but stats numbers and percentages aren't everything, I feel Mcnabb is a little overated, sure he has the numbers he's mobile and makes the NFFCG every year.

but I have all ways liked the QB that stood fast in the pocket and waited for something to happen, he wasn't so quick to get like a rabbit being chased down by a fox when things got tough.

Mcnabb has the mobilty to run Manning is the stand fast QB like Aikman if I had my pick I'd want Manning

InParcellsWetrust

Reaction score
tufffguy said:
you're a homer...
vince_lombardi.jpg

Lmao I see they started handing out the LSD laced pickle juice in Philly

AJM1613

Reaction score
Nors said:
I stated factually that your defense was in decline last year. You HAD a good defense. Losing both corners and a below average Linebacking core with no depth will exacerbate your problem in 2004.

No way your Safeties last the season. JR Reed and his dreds may be called on to actually play!
both the corners were out for large periods, and how did we do? 7th ranked defense. We had the same below average linebacking core last year (Jones-Emmons which is a wash).

Why would our safeties not last the season? Dawkins only real injury was last year and Lewis has never been injured.

AJM1613

Reaction score
InParcellsWetrust said:
I know it's goin to sound a little out of place for a new guy saying this but stats numbers and percentages aren't everything, I feel Mcnabb is a little overated, sure he has the numbers he's mobile and makes the NFFCG every year.

but I have all ways liked the QB that stood fast in the pocket and waited for something to happen, he wasn't so quick to get like a rabbit being chased down by a fox when things got tough.

Mcnabb has the mobilty to run Manning is the stand fast QB like Aikman if I had my pick I'd want Manning
McNabb had a lot of time in the pocket, the recievers never get open so then he would scramble and get sacked or throw it away.

AJM1613

Reaction score
kmd24 said:
Then why did you compare McNabb's and Manning's stats and say that you'd rather have McNabb?

I don't dispute McNabb's value to his team. Despite some evidence to the contrary (Feely in 2002), I think the Eagles would struggle mightily without McNabb.

But to suggest that his completion percentage is low because he purposely throws balls into the dirt to avoid interceptions is completely illogical.

I didn't even mention the fact that Eagles running backs caught about 36% of all Philadelphia completions. Indianapolis completed only 21% of their passes to running backs. Passes to running backs generally have a much higher completion percentage, another reason why McNabb's 57% completion rate is dreadfully low.

Before you object, let me remind you that *you* compared McNabb to Manning, not me. You also suggested that you would rather have McNabb than Manning, which is ludicrous, IMO. There are a few things McNabb does far better than Manning, but in the vast majority of important QB skills, McNabb is not even close to Manning.
I was comparing McNabb to the best, that is why I compared the stats. All I was saying that I would rather have a guy who throws 9 interceptions and 57% a season than a guy who throws 18 and 63% completion rate.

Also, Westbrook lines up at WR some times, you have to factor that in too.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I was comparing McNabb to the best, that is why I compared the stats. All I was saying that I would rather have a guy who throws 9 interceptions and 57% a season than a guy who throws 18 and 63% completion rate.

Also, Westbrook lines up at WR some times, you have to factor that in too.

So you would rather have a guy that throws fewer completions, that cause more drives to stall, and has a worse TD/INT ratio.

No wonder you are an Eagles' fan.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
So you would rather have a guy that throws fewer completions, that cause more drives to stall, and has a worse TD/INT ratio.

No wonder you are an Eagles' fan.
No wonder why you are a Cowboys fan.

I was just comparing those two stats. And yes I would because at least you get a chance to punt or kick a feild goal instead of giving the oponent good feild position.

Status
Not open for further replies.