Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
No wonder why you are a Cowboys fan.

I was just comparing those two stats. And yes I would because at least you get a chance to punt or kick a feild goal instead of giving the oponent good feild position.

I'll take the guy that complete the pass 5% more of the time, that's 20 completions per/ 400 attemts. You know 20 more chances to keep drives going INSTEAD of punting. 20 more chances to get a TD INSTEAD of a FG.

You also never compare that Manning throws 28 TDs compared to McNabbs 17.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I'll take the guy that complete the pass 5% more of the time, that's 20 completions per/ 400 attemts. You know 20 more chances to keep drives going INSTEAD of punting. 20 more chances to get a TD INSTEAD of a FG.

You also never compare that Manning throws 28 TDs compared to McNabbs 17.
Are you serious? You would rather have 20 more competions in a season than 9 more interceptions? Thats crazy...

Touchdowns don't matter. You heard what I thought about that. I will not mention his TD:INT ratio now that I know his interception rate. 3rd in NFL HISTORY! That is very important.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Are you serious? You would rather have 20 more competions in a season than 9 more interceptions? Thats crazy...

Touchdowns don't matter. You heard what I thought about that. I will not mention his TD:INT ratio now that I know his interception rate. 3rd in NFL HISTORY! That is very important.

Are you serious? Touchdowns DON'T MATTER!

You have said some stupid stuff, but that tops it all.

Yes I'll take the 28.2 extra completions, the 1500 yards that Manning averages more than McNabb, as well as the 11 EXTRA TDs THAT DON'T MATTER!

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Are you serious? Touchdowns DON'T MATTER!

You have said some stupid stuff, but that tops it all.

Yes I'll take the 28.2 extra completions, the 1500 yards that Manning averages more than McNabb, as well as the 11 EXTRA TDs THAT DON'T MATTER!
1st of all I am not comparing McNabb to Manning, I know that Manning is better.

Actually all that matters is points scored, it doesn't matter if you get down to the two yard line and hand off to your running back rather than throw it for a touchdown.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
1st of all I am not comparing McNabb to Manning, I know that Manning is better.

Actually all that matters is points scored, it doesn't matter if you get down to the two yard line and hand off to your running back rather than throw it for a touchdown.

Circles. That is all you are doing.

You made the comparison to Manning when you said, "I'd rather have a 57% passer that throws 9 INTs, than a 63% passer that throws 18." Adding, "By the way those are Manning's stats."

You made your bed, so lie in it.

I'm sure you'll answer with another lame excuse, or change to that's not what I meant, or that stat is not important.

Well guess what, so far McNabb and your Eagles have lost WHATEVER stats you'd prefer we compare.

So now what?

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Circles. That is all you are doing.

You made the comparison to Manning when you said, "I'd rather have a 57% passer that throws 9 INTs, than a 63% passer that throws 18." Adding, "By the way those are Manning's stats."

You made your bed, so lie in it.

I'm sure you'll answer with another lame excuse, or change to that's not what I meant, or that stat is not important.

Well guess what, so far McNabb and your Eagles have lost WHATEVER stats you'd prefer we compare.

So now what?
God you are slow: let me tell you what I am saying.

I'D RATHER HAVE PASSER THAT THROWS 9 INTs, THAN A 63% PASSER THAT THROWS 18.

Nothing to do with Manning, at all. I just added in that those were Manning's stats so you wouldn't think I was pulling them out of my A**.

McNabb hasn't lost every stat so far, you are just too thick headed to interpret what you read. You think that McNabb was playing to his potential the first 6 games of last season and the last 6 of the season before, which is idiotic, BECAUSE MCNABB DIDN'T PLAY THE LAST 6 GAMES! You bring up stats about McNabb from when he was sitting the bench or/and injured, and make yourself seem ********.

The four quarterback stats that I find important:

Interceptions
Time of Possession
Points Scored
Completion Percentage

Yards and Touchdowns DON'T MATTER!

How is McNabb "losing"? He is the third greatest quarterback of all time at not throwing interceptions, and his offense holds onto the ball a long time, scoring a lot of points, without running the ball too often. His completion percentage is low, about 3% lower than most quarterbacks, but giving his low interception rate and 62% completion percentage the last 10 games last season, I have reason to believe that that will change.

OWNED

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
God you are slow: let me tell you what I am saying.

I'D RATHER HAVE PASSER THAT THROWS 9 INTs, THAN A 63% PASSER THAT THROWS 18.

Nothing to do with Manning, at all. I just added in that those were Manning's stats so you wouldn't think I was pulling them out of my A**.

McNabb hasn't lost every stat so far, you are just too thick headed to interpret what you read. You think that McNabb was playing to his potential the first 6 games of last season and the last 6 of the season before, which is idiotic, BECAUSE MCNABB DIDN'T PLAY THE LAST 6 GAMES! You bring up stats about McNabb from when he was sitting the bench or/and injured, and make yourself seem ********.

The four quarterback stats that I find important:

Interceptions
Time of Possession
Points Scored
Completion Percentage

Yards and Touchdowns DON'T MATTER!

How is McNabb "losing"? He is the third greatest quarterback of all time at not throwing interceptions, and his offense holds onto the ball a long time, scoring a lot of points, without running the ball too often. His completion percentage is low, about 3% lower than most quarterbacks, but giving his low interception rate and 62% completion percentage the last 10 games last season, I have reason to believe that that will change.

OWNED

When compared to Favre and Manning, McNabb lost in 3 out of 4 of what you consider the most important stats. He also lost in the two stats any SANE person would consider important, yards and TDs.

Oh, but wait, poor Donovan had a boo-boo, so we can't go by stats, we have to take the word of a delusional Eagles fan that McNabb is great.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
When compared to Favre and Manning, McNabb lost in 3 out of 4 of what you consider the most important stats. He also lost in the two stats any SANE person would consider important, yards and TDs.

Oh, but wait, poor Donovan had a boo-boo, so we can't go by stats, we have to take the word of a delusional Eagles fan that McNabb is great.
No, you obviously have an IQ of a walnut.

McNabb DID'T PLAY! How can you compare stats to someone who is on the bench?

Have I EVER said that McNabb was better than Manning or Farve? NO!

Yards and TD are not important, if you think they are I would like for you to explain why, that is if you can read this.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
No, you obviously have an IQ of a walnut.

McNabb DID'T PLAY! How can you compare stats to someone who is on the bench?

Have I EVER said that McNabb was better than Manning or Farve? NO!

Yards and TD are not important, if you think they are I would like for you to explain why, that is if you can read this.

DUH, just when didn't McNabb play in 2003? You know when the Eagles were killed in TOP in points scored?

Maybe you should read football for dummies, if you NEED to have someone explain how yards and TDs are important.

Yards are gained by moving the ball on the defense, gaining these yards improve field position, add to TOP, and lead to points.

Touchdowns are how you get six points, these are scored when a player gains YARDS and crosses the other teams goal line.

Touchdowns being worth six points are prefered by coaches over NO points, or FGs which must be attemted when the team fails to get enough YARDS for a TD.

Next STUPID question, or lame excuse.

p.s. McNabb threw 41% of his completions those last 10 games to his RBs and that is why his comp % went up, there SELECTIVE STAT BOY.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
DUH, just when didn't McNabb play in 2003? You know when the Eagles were killed in TOP in points scored?

Maybe you should read football for dummies, if you NEED to have someone explain how yards and TDs are important.

Yards are gained by moving the ball on the defense, gaining these yards improve field position, add to TOP, and lead to points.

Touchdowns are how you get six points, these are scored when a player gains YARDS and crosses the other teams goal line.

Touchdowns being worth six points are prefered by coaches over NO points, or FGs which must be attemted when the team fails to get enough YARDS for a TD.

Next STUPID question, or lame excuse.

p.s. McNabb threw 41% of his completions those last 10 games to his RBs and that is why his comp % went up, there SELECTIVE STAT BOY.
McNabb didn't play good the first 6 games last year, fine, but you brought up last year. AJ Feeley started 6 games last year!

Touchdowns and Yards gained (journey) turn into Points scored and time of posession (destination), and McNabb/Eagles are good at that when McNabb is playing 100%. Look up the stats from the last ten games last year and the first 10 the year before, then make your judgment.

Ps. You just proved my points about our recievers last year.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
McNabb didn't play good the first 6 games last year, fine, but you brought up last year. AJ Feeley started 6 games last year!

Touchdowns and Yards gained (journey) turn into Points scored and time of posession (destination), and McNabb/Eagles are good at that when McNabb is playing 100%. Look up the stats from the last ten games last year and the first 10 the year before, then make your judgment.

Ps. You just proved my points about our recievers last year.

Do me a favor, and go back and read this entire thread. All you have done is backtracked and made excuses.

You say show me, I do and you say, well but...

Things are what they are, I could go back and say well you can only count 2nd down plays, ran to the left side, in the third quarter, of the last five games, at home against non-division opponents.

That's the kind of crap you keep doing, and it makes you look stupid.

It is simple, McNabb is a good QB, but by whatever you want to measure him by, stats, winning the big games, or how funny his commercials are he is not a top 5
QB.

That has nothing to do with his race, me being a Cowboys fan, it is a fact, and I've proved it over and over again throughout this thread and I'm done.

If you want something different, stop posting stuff on a Cowboys forum.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Do me a favor, and go back and read this entire thread. All you have done is backtracked and made excuses.

You say show me, I do and you say, well but...

Things are what they are, I could go back and say well you can only count 2nd down plays, ran to the left side, in the third quarter, of the last five games, at home against non-division opponents.

That's the kind of crap you keep doing, and it makes you look stupid.

It is simple, McNabb is a good QB, but by whatever you want to measure him by, stats, winning the big games, or how funny his commercials are he is not a top 5
QB.

That has nothing to do with his race, me being a Cowboys fan, it is a fact, and I've proved it over and over again throughout this thread and I'm done.

If you want something different, stop posting stuff on a Cowboys forum.
Look, the only excuse that I am making is INJURIES, and I consider that a viable excuse. I will exclude 16 games from McNabb's 5 year career because he didn't start or play, but I will leave in the six games from last season in which he was injured.

Let me repeat what is important (in that order):

1. Points Scored
2. Interceptions
3. Completion Percentage
4. Wins (NEW)
5. Time of Possession

1. This is the most important stat for a quarterback. Over his career, McNabb averaged 26 touchdowns a year, and David Akers has averaged 28 FGs a year. I don't know where to find points scored for games before 2001, so all my stats will be from 2001-2003.

2001: 21.4375
2002: 25.2 (4th In NFL)
2003: 23.4, 27.9 (11th in NFL, 2nd in NFL {after week 6})

2. 3rd all time in interception percentage, 4th all time TD:INT ratio. Best in the NFL at not throwing interceptions.

3. This is the one that he isn't good at, I know and you know that it is a weakness. He has proven that he can be a 64% passer, it doesn't matter that 41% went to the HBs, because a lot of the time our HBs were either spread wide or covered tightly. We will have to wait and see on this one because he has recievers.

4. He is great at this. 12-4, 7-3, 11-5, 11-5. He lead the Eagles to the best record in the NFL the last 4 seasons, and 4 consecutive playoff births, with at least one win in each. 5 playoff wins and only 27.

5. This is a tricky one. Last year our offense was 17th in the NFL in TOP, but we were 4th to last in plays run and dead last in 3rd down attempts. Because you don't seem to get what I am saying most of the time, I will help you out with this. Our defense let the oposing teams hold on to the ball for long, but our offense was great at holding on to the ball when they got it. That is the only thing that has to do with quarterbacks, not the defense. In 2002, he was 1st in the NFL in Time of Possession.

There are others, but none that you can messure by stats. Everything else has to do with watching the game. McNabb is the BEST quarterback in the NFL at the other stuff, the things you can't get from stats.

How did he lose any of these besides completion percentage?

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Look, the only excuse that I am making is INJURIES, and I consider that a viable excuse. I will exclude 16 games from McNabb's 5 year career because he didn't start or play, but I will leave in the six games from last season in which he was injured.

Let me repeat what is important (in that order):

1. Points Scored
2. Interceptions
3. Completion Percentage
4. Wins (NEW)
5. Time of Possession

1. This is the most important stat for a quarterback. Over his career, McNabb averaged 26 touchdowns a year, and David Akers has averaged 28 FGs a year. I don't know where to find points scored for games before 2001, so all my stats will be from 2001-2003.

2001: 21.4375
2002: 25.2 (4th In NFL)
2003: 23.4, 27.9 (11th in NFL, 2nd in NFL {after week 6})

2. 3rd all time in interception percentage, 4th all time TD:INT ratio. Best in the NFL at not throwing interceptions.

3. This is the one that he isn't good at, I know and you know that it is a weakness. He has proven that he can be a 64% passer, it doesn't matter that 41% went to the HBs, because a lot of the time our HBs were either spread wide or covered tightly. We will have to wait and see on this one because he has recievers.

4. He is great at this. 12-4, 7-3, 11-5, 11-5. He lead the Eagles to the best record in the NFL the last 4 seasons, and 4 consecutive playoff births, with at least one win in each. 5 playoff wins and only 27.

5. This is a tricky one. Last year our offense was 17th in the NFL in TOP, but we were 4th to last in plays run and dead last in 3rd down attempts. Because you don't seem to get what I am saying most of the time, I will help you out with this. Our defense let the oposing teams hold on to the ball for long, but our offense was great at holding on to the ball when they got it. That is the only thing that has to do with quarterbacks, not the defense. In 2002, he was 1st in the NFL in Time of Possession.

There are others, but none that you can messure by stats. Everything else has to do with watching the game. McNabb is the BEST quarterback in the NFL at the other stuff, the things you can't get from stats.

How did he lose any of these besides completion percentage?

Whatever it takes to make youself believe. The stats are what they are, anyone of us can exclude this or add that to make our player look better than they are.

Just so you know TOP is a TEAM stat, so McNabb is not 1st or 32nd in TOP the TEAM is.

I'd still like for you to explain how yards and touchdowns are not important, other then the fact that McNabb is average in those categories.

You can't have TOP if your team does not get YARDS. You don't do well in points scored if your team does not get TDs. Those are FACTS.

So feel free to continue to spin everything to make McNabb look better than he is, I'd put him around 8-9 in my top ten, and I'd have the stats to back that up.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Just so you know TOP is a TEAM stat, so McNabb is not 1st or 32nd in TOP the TEAM is.
I know, I said that because they were first in the games he played in.
I'd still like for you to explain how yards and touchdowns are not important, other then the fact that McNabb is average in those categories.

You can't have TOP if your team does not get YARDS. You don't do well in points scored if your team does not get TDs. Those are FACTS.
Exactly. You can't hold onto the ball for too long without yards and you can't score a lot of points if you don't get touchdowns. Football is a team sport. McNabb leads his team to a lot of points, and holds onto the ball for a while. It doesn't matter how you control the clock, or how you score points as long as you do it.

How is 26 TDs a year average?

So feel free to continue to spin everything to make McNabb look better than he is, I'd put him around 8-9 in my top ten, and I'd have the stats to back that up.
Okay, back it up.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I know, I said that because they were first in the games he played in.

Exactly. You can't hold onto the ball for too long without yards and you can't score a lot of points if you don't get touchdowns. Football is a team sport. McNabb leads his team to a lot of points, and holds onto the ball for a while. It doesn't matter how you control the clock, or how you score points as long as you do it.

How is 26 TDs a year average?

Okay, back it up.

You never did say how someone with 104 TDs in five years has averaged 26 TDs per year.

Already been covered, sport, in the Top 5 QB thread you started.

Here's my list, you prove Donny's better:

Manning, Brady, McNair, Culpepper, Favre, Hasselbeck, Green, McNabb, and Johnson.

AJM1613

Reaction score
I'm not a homer, I tell it like it is.

Dawkins is the best safety in the NFL
McNabb is the third best quarterback in the NFL

That is the truth. I have stated why I think this and I have yet to be proven wrong, just Blindzebra telling me that because McNabb was hurt the past few seasons he isn't good.

Personally, I think that the Eagles won't win the superbowl, I predict a 13-3 record and either a loss to Green Bay in the playoffs, or a loss to Jacksonville (yes Jacksonville) in the Super Bowl. I am aware of our holes (Sheldon Brown, Todd Pinkston, Tra Thomas, Nate Wayne), but they arn't the reason why we won't win the Super Bowl. The injury bug will hit us again this year and take out two of the "Big 6" (Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Brian Westbrook, Jevon Kearse, Corey Simon, Brian Dawkins) for the game we lose. If none of these players are injured or we don't lose a bunch of other players, we will win the Super Bowl. I just don't see that happening.

I predict a 10-6/9-7 record for the Cowboys and a 10-6/9-7 record for the Commanders, they will fight it out with you for the second wildcard spot. Who ever makes it will lose to us in the first round of the playoffs.

Last year I predicted a 12-4 record for us and a loss in the NFC Championship game to the Rams. Hopefully I am wrong this year.

Take it for what it is worth, just saying what I believe.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You never did say how someone with 104 TDs in five years has averaged 26 TDs per year.

Already been covered, sport, in the Top 5 QB thread you started.

Here's my list, you prove Donny's better:

Manning, Brady, McNair, Culpepper, Favre, Hasselbeck, Green, McNabb, and Johnson.
He had 104 touchdowns (87 passing, 17 rushing). He also missed 16 games (10 because he was young, 6 because he was injured).

Are you talking about Brad Johnson?

01. McNair/Manning
02. McNair/Manning
03. McNabb/Farve
04. McNabb/Farve
05. Hasselbeck
06. Leftwich (I know it is a little early).
07. Brooks
08. Vick
09. Green
10. Pennington

I'm not sure about Farve and McNabb. I know that Farve was better but he has shown that he isn't as good as he was. I think they are equal right now, so McNabb is the third best quarterback still, just tied for it.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He had 104 touchdowns (87 passing, 17 rushing). He also missed 16 games (10 because he was young, 6 because he was injured).

Are you talking about Brad Johnson?

01. McNair/Manning
02. McNair/Manning
03. McNabb/Farve
04. McNabb/Farve
05. Hasselbeck
06. Leftwich (I know it is a little early).
07. Brooks
08. Vick
09. Green
10. Pennington

I'm not sure about Farve and McNabb. I know that Farve was better but he has shown that he isn't as good as he was. I think they are equal right now, so McNabb is the third best quarterback still, just tied for it.

McNabb has played five years, not four. Take it to TDs per game if you like and McNabb is still not in the top five in TDs.

Any top 5 without Brady shows zero football knowledge.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm not a homer, I tell it like it is.

Dawkins is the best safety in the NFL
McNabb is the third best quarterback in the NFL

That is the truth. I have stated why I think this and I have yet to be proven wrong, just Blindzebra telling me that because McNabb was hurt the past few seasons he isn't good.

Personally, I think that the Eagles won't win the superbowl, I predict a 13-3 record and either a loss to Green Bay in the playoffs, or a loss to Jacksonville (yes Jacksonville) in the Super Bowl. I am aware of our holes (Sheldon Brown, Todd Pinkston, Tra Thomas, Nate Wayne), but they arn't the reason why we won't win the Super Bowl. The injury bug will hit us again this year and take out two of the "Big 6" (Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Brian Westbrook, Jevon Kearse, Corey Simon, Brian Dawkins) for the game we lose. If none of these players are injured or we don't lose a bunch of other players, we will win the Super Bowl. I just don't see that happening.

I predict a 10-6/9-7 record for the Cowboys and a 10-6/9-7 record for the Commanders, they will fight it out with you for the second wildcard spot. Who ever makes it will lose to us in the first round of the playoffs.

Last year I predicted a 12-4 record for us and a loss in the NFC Championship game to the Rams. Hopefully I am wrong this year.

Take it for what it is worth, just saying what I believe.

You are a total homer, that tells it like they'd like it to be.

It's pointless, I've shown you every stat out there, but you keep making the injury excuse. It does not change that Dawkins WAS the best safety and McNabb is not a top 5 QB.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
McNabb has played five years, not four. Take it to TDs per game if you like and McNabb is still not in the top five in TDs.

Any top 5 without Brady shows zero football knowledge.
God your dumb.

McNabb didn't play his rookie year, except for the last 6 games. He missed 6 games two years ago. That is 16 games he didn't play. 1 year. So in 64 games (4 years) he averaged 26 TD a year.

I seriously can't stand your ignorance, you don't know anything, just stop. You obviously have a disability so maybe I should just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.