Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You are a total homer, that tells it like they'd like it to be.

It's pointless, I've shown you every stat out there, but you keep making the injury excuse. It does not change that Dawkins WAS the best safety and McNabb is not a top 5 QB.
STATS ARN'T EVERYTHING! God! just shut up.

AJM1613

Reaction score
If you haven't noticed, I didn't bring up his running ability.

He is the third greatest running quarterback of all time and averages more yards an attempt than anyone besides Vick, ever!

I tried not to bring that up to see if I could convince you that he is a top 3 quarterback, without the rushing. Guess it didn't work so now factor this in, and if you still don't agree with me, at least explain why. You look stupid right now, redeem yourself.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
God your dumb.

McNabb didn't play his rookie year, except for the last 6 games. He missed 6 games two years ago. That is 16 games he didn't play. 1 year. So in 64 games (4 years) he averaged 26 TD a year.

I seriously can't stand your ignorance, you don't know anything, just stop. You obviously have a disability so maybe I should just stop.

God, YOUR dumb.

Do I need to explain, this again.

It should be, "God You are dumb." or, "God, You're dumb."

I don't own a dumb, whatever that may be.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
If you haven't noticed, I didn't bring up his running ability.

He is the third greatest running quarterback of all time and averages more yards an attempt than anyone besides Vick, ever!

I tried not to bring that up to see if I could convince you that he is a top 3 quarterback, without the rushing. Guess it didn't work so now factor this in, and if you still don't agree with me, at least explain why. You look stupid right now, redeem yourself.

Here you go.

Player Comp% yards/G TD/G INT/G Rush/G TDR/G FumL/G

Manning 62.9% 259 1.74 1.15 6.1 .09 .13

Brady 61.9 213 1.44 .79 4.5 .042 .27

Culpepper 62.9 239 1.55 1.09 33.2 .45 .48

McNair 59.2 193.5 1.13 .71 21.1 .29 .23

Favre 61.3 237 1.79 1.08 8.5 .06 .24

Hasselbeck 60.0 199 1.07 .73 10.4 .07 .16

Green 59.0 236 1.47 .9 9.1 .08 .24

Johnson 61.8 209 1.26 .86 4.5 .06 .16

McNabb 57 186 1.24 .70 32.0 .24 .30

McNabb ranks last in comp % and yards, 8th in fumbles, 7th in TDs passing, 3rd in TDs rushing, 2nd in rushing yards, 1st in INTs, but did you happen to notice how close McNair, Hasselbeck and Brady are in INTs/G.

Number 3, I don't think so.

Who looks stupid, again?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM you have to be the most biased homer on this site. Mcnabb is a top 10 qb on his best day. If I was starting a franchise I would pick Manning, Mcnair, Brady(what do you have against him???) Culpepper, Green, Hassleback, Favre, Vick(he does what Mcnabb does, just better)Pennington over him easily. Mcnabb isn't a top 5 qb, because you have to be a good passer to be an elite(which is top 5)QUARTERBACK. Quincy carter might be a better passer than him. Mcnabb isn't a top 5 qb because he completes 57% of his passes in the west coast offense. He isn't a top 5 qb qb because ther are 9 qbs superior to him...

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
AJM you have to be the most biased homer on this site. Mcnabb is a top 10 qb on his best day. If I was starting a franchise I would pick Manning, Mcnair, Brady(what do you have against him???) Culpepper, Green, Hassleback, Favre, Vick(he does what Mcnabb does, just better)Pennington over him easily. Mcnabb isn't a top 5 qb, because you have to be a good passer to be an elite(which is top 5)QUARTERBACK. Quincy carter might be a better passer than him. Mcnabb isn't a top 5 qb because he completes 57% of his passes in the west coast offense. He isn't a top 5 qb qb because ther are 9 qbs superior to him...
You mention Vick who has a completion percentage of 50%! What a hypocrite.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
You mention Vick who has a completion percentage of 50%! What a hypocrite.

He said if he were STARTING a franchise, a lot of people would take Vick because he has a stronger arm and is the best runner at QB.

I'm still wondering why you have yet to reply to my chart of stats per game that shows WITHOUT a doubt that McNabb IS NOT A TOP 5 QB.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Here you go.

Player Comp% yards/G TD/G INT/G Rush/G TDR/G FumL/G

Manning 62.9% 259 1.74 1.15 6.1 .09 .13

Brady 61.9 213 1.44 .79 4.5 .042 .27

Culpepper 62.9 239 1.55 1.09 33.2 .45 .48

McNair 59.2 193.5 1.13 .71 21.1 .29 .23

Favre 61.3 237 1.79 1.08 8.5 .06 .24

Hasselbeck 60.0 199 1.07 .73 10.4 .07 .16

Green 59.0 236 1.47 .9 9.1 .08 .24

Johnson 61.8 209 1.26 .86 4.5 .06 .16

McNabb 57 186 1.24 .70 32.0 .24 .30

McNabb ranks last in comp % and yards, 8th in fumbles, 7th in TDs passing, 3rd in TDs rushing, 2nd in rushing yards, 1st in INTs, but did you happen to notice how close McNair, Hasselbeck and Brady are in INTs/G.

Number 3, I don't think so.

Who looks stupid, again?
NFL History:
2nd in yards/attempt rushing (not just quarterbacks)
3rd in interception percentage
4th in TD/Int
1st in quarterback rating moving forward
3rd in percent of offense by quaterback (2000-74.6)

4 years with a mediocore HB, 1 year with no HB
5 years with the worst recievers in the league (last year was actually their best year, before 2001-Torrence Small, Na Brown, Charles Johnson)
5 Playoff wins (more than Montana, Elway, Farve and Simms in 1st five years)
4 straight years in the playoffs.
4 straight probowl apearences
3 straight divison titles
3 straight Championship game appearences.
2 straight best record in the NFC.
1 MVP runner up.
MVP leader in 2002 before injury.
On pace to set single season rushing yards by a QB in 2002.
CBS NFL Player of the year in 2000

TD Passes caught from McNabb before 2003.
Chad Lewis 14, James Thrash 13, Charles Johnson 7, Todd Pinkston 7, Jeff Thomason 7, Duce Staley 4, Torrence Small 4, Luther Broughton 2, Antonio Freeman 2, Cecil Martin 2, Darnell Autry, Mike Bartrum, Na Brown, Dameane Douglas, Dorsey Levens, Brian Mitchell, Brian Westbrook, Freddie Mitchell all 1.

List of Hall of Famers.

My stats.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
He said if he were STARTING a franchise, a lot of people would take Vick because he has a stronger arm and is the best runner at QB.

I'm still wondering why you have yet to reply to my chart of stats per game that shows WITHOUT a doubt that McNabb IS NOT A TOP 5 QB.
I didn't see it until recently. His response started a new page, and I just looked back.

AJM1613

Reaction score
After game 6 in 2003

184-288 (63.9%) for 2362 yards and 14 TD. Just 5 interceptions.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I decided to break it down futher to "HELP" McNabb's case.

By comparing comp%, total yards, combined TDs, and total turnovers.

McNabb is 9th in comp%, 6th in total yards, 5th in total TDs, and 3rd in total turnovers.

McNabbs running helped him in yards and TDs, you know the stats that don't matter to you, ;) and hurt him in turnovers, because of fumbles lost.

If you take the rankings by category in the first comparison, McNabb ranked 8th.

In the combined pass/rush stats, McNabb finished 7th.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I decided to break it down futher to "HELP" McNabb's case.

By comparing comp%, total yards, combined TDs, and total turnovers.

McNabb is 9th in comp%, 6th in total yards, 5th in total TDs, and 3rd in total turnovers.

McNabbs running helped him in yards and TDs, you know the stats that don't matter to you, ;) and hurt him in turnovers, because of fumbles lost.

If you take the rankings by category in the first comparison, McNabb ranked 8th.

In the combined pass/rush stats, McNabb finished 7th.
If you add all the other intangables, he is third.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
NFL History:
2nd in yards/attempt rushing (not just quarterbacks)
3rd in interception percentage
4th in TD/Int
1st in quarterback rating moving forward
3rd in percent of offense by quaterback (2000-74.6)

4 years with a mediocore HB, 1 year with no HB
5 years with the worst recievers in the league (last year was actually their best year, before 2001-Torrence Small, Na Brown, Charles Johnson)
5 Playoff wins (more than Montana, Elway, Farve and Simms in 1st five years)
4 straight years in the playoffs.
4 straight probowl apearences
3 straight divison titles
3 straight Championship game appearences.
2 straight best record in the NFC.
1 MVP runner up.
MVP leader in 2002 before injury.
On pace to set single season rushing yards by a QB in 2002.
CBS NFL Player of the year in 2000

TD Passes caught from McNabb before 2003.
Chad Lewis 14, James Thrash 13, Charles Johnson 7, Todd Pinkston 7, Jeff Thomason 7, Duce Staley 4, Torrence Small 4, Luther Broughton 2, Antonio Freeman 2, Cecil Martin 2, Darnell Autry, Mike Bartrum, Na Brown, Dameane Douglas, Dorsey Levens, Brian Mitchell, Brian Westbrook, Freddie Mitchell all 1.

List of Hall of Famers.

My stats.

Does Brady have a pro bowl WR? Brady has won 5 playoff games and two of those are Super Bowls, yet you don't put him in your top ten.

Your list is still littered with excuses, bad receivers and injuries.

The stats show he is not elite, so does his losing 3 straight NFC Championship games. Where does that fit in your intangibles.

AJM1613

Reaction score
This year McNabb will put up great numbers because we have a great offense, just like all of the other QBs on your list.

Owens, Pinkston, McMullen, Mitchell, Lewis, Jenkins
Westbrook, Buckhalter, Ritchie, Tapeh
Smith, Lewis,
Thomas, Runyan, Mayberry, Andrews, Fraley

This year we will have 7 former probowlers (McNabb, Lewis, Runyan, Thomas, Mayberry, Owens) on offense and 2 future probowlers (Andrews, Smith).

8 out of 11 starters are probowl talent, that ain't bad and the bigest weakness has been healed.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
This year McNabb will put up great numbers because we have a great offense, just like all of the other QBs on your list.

Owens, Pinkston, McMullen, Mitchell, Lewis, Jenkins
Westbrook, Buckhalter, Ritchie, Tapeh
Smith, Lewis,
Thomas, Runyan, Mayberry, Andrews, Fraley

This year we will have 7 former probowlers (McNabb, Lewis, Runyan, Thomas, Mayberry, Owens) on offense and 2 future probowlers (Andrews, Smith).

8 out of 11 starters are probowl talent, that ain't bad and the bigest weakness has been healed.

Tell, you what, keep living in denial, but what you just said means when McNabb IS NOT A TOP FIVE QB in 2004, you can't come on hear with your big list of excuses.

I'm still waiting for that 2003 pro bowl WR for NE.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
I don't know why you even bother Zebra. By looking through the thread pretty much everyone agrees McNabb is somewhere around the 6th to 8th best in the league.

That's very respectable and until he leads his team to a championship or starts putting up some Manning like numbers that's where he will stay.

Everyone seems to "get it" but him. Give him a break though, obviously Donovan is the guys hero and he can't look at the other QB's in the league without being biased.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BillsFan said:
I don't know why you even bother Zebra. By looking through the thread pretty much everyone agrees McNabb is somewhere around the 6th to 8th best in the league.

That's very respectable and until he leads his team to a championship or starts putting up some Manning like numbers that's where he will stay.

Everyone seems to "get it" but him. Give him a break though, obviously Donovan is the guys hero and he can't look at the other QB's in the league without being biased.

It's called an intervention, I'm trying to save him from more years of needless pain and suffering, that goes with being an Eagles fan. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.