Brees willing to take below market contract

Kwyn

Reaction score
And it also tells you all you need to know about Dak.

Dude is a fraud.

Pure and simple.

We need to break off negotiations immediately and go shopping with his and Amari's money.
You have some sort of mental deficiency if you are hating on a guy who is coming off a rookie deal and trying to get paid as much as possible.

Brees has made 244 million dollars. Dak has made 3.6

what color is the sky on your planet? Tie dye?

you’re clearly not from earth

LocoBates

Reaction score
He's 50 years old and has made his money! Did he take below market when he was younger?
wow so Brees is 50 years old already? Then that means Dak is 35 years old. I wouldn't pay + $34M PY to a 35 year old QB that has won nothing!

Did Brees ask in 2009 ( SB MVP) to be the highest paid player in the NFL history? or to be payed as top 5 QB? If so, I wouldn't argue it, after all he won the SB and was the MVP.

Dakota however....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • DREW BREESQB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports impending free agent Drew Brees is willing to take a below-market deal with the Saints.
    Brees has already said he is re-signing with the Saints, so it is just a matter of working out the details. Rapsheet expects Brees to settle for somewhere in the neighborhood of what he was making under his recently-expired two-year deal, which was $25 million per season. The Saints always need to get creative with the cap, so this will be a big help as Brees desperately seeks his second Super Bowl title.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Mar 12, 2020, 3:54 PM ET
I could say this Prescott/Brees conjecture was akin to comparing apples and oranges but water and sulfuric acid would likely be a more accurate pairing.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
hes taken Below market as has Tom their entire creeer...issue is Dak knows he wont last that long , hes been exposed trying to get his last big deal.

where elite players get 3 elite deals ,so they take less.. yup its true Dak doesnt even have confidence if he took the latest deal it will be enough , might be his last starting money before hes the next keenum or fitz moving around the league..:)

lets stop making excuses to why dak wants russ money when he plays closer to Carr..Seriously..
Back Up QBs can make a ton of money in this league floating from one team to the next, they will always be in high demand.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3sf0lr.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Is he marrying Gisele too?

This gives the Saints such an unfair advantage.. These QB's who take team friendly deals just give their team a much better chance at a Superbowl.

100%. That’s what kills me about Dak.

I get it, it’s his first contract, but it’s not like they’re asking him to sign for the $25M that Brees will ask. They offered him more than Russell Wilson got. Just sign something team friendly so we can surround you with good players and with the endorsements that come along with being the QB1 for America’s Team plus what they can do for you after your career is over, work with them on the structure.

And no, I’m not arguing for Jerry Jones’ pocket book. I’m talking about the salary cap here and trying to build a championship caliber squad.

irving

Reaction score
wow so Brees is 50 years old already? Then that means Dak is 35 years old. I wouldn't pay + $34M PY to a 35 year old QB that has won nothing!

Did Brees ask in 2009 ( SB MVP) to be the highest paid player in the NFL history? or to be payed as top 5 QB? If so, I wouldn't argue it, after all he won the SB and was the MVP.

Dakota however....
Brees has played in the league for almost 20 years. He won his first super bowl in his eighth year in the league. So let’s see what Dak has accomplished in 8 years, let alone 20 years.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
What does this have to do with anything? The team didn't dictate where Dak was drafted and truth be told, his situation would have been even worse had the Cowboys not drafted him in the 4th so does that mean that Dak should somehow be greateful to the Cowboys? I doubt many would view it that way.

The team also didn't mandate that Dak only play for 4 mil over the last 4 years. They tried to help him make more but it was Dak who elected to stay in that contract situation so I don't get it?

I guess if this is about money then the answer is no, he probably wouldn't. If this is about winning, and lets all be honest here, it's not as if what is being offered to Dak (reportedly) is a bad deal. It's the best paying NFL contract in history, according to the numbers reported. Then yeah, I think you do if you are smart and if you feel like you are a team who is capable of winning it all. Then yes, maybe you do.
Well thought out post, my feelings exactly.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Treating a guy with a net worth of $2 million dollars as if he is in the same situation as a guy with a net worth of $120 million is a bogus position to take. They are not in the same situations. If Dak were 42 years old with a net worth of $120 million and was certain to make the Hall of Fame his attitude would be different than it is today.
While I agree with the premise of your post, you have no idea what Dak's attitude will be when he is 42.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is how a team can afford to pay for more play makers than most teams have. Teams like the Seahawks, Rams, Eagles are struggling to keep the band together. The Cowboys are soon to join that list because they are about to pay Dak way above market value.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Don't bother.
If we win these idiots say surrounding talent.
If we lose it is all on Dak.
You point out the obvious...lack of take-aways, awful special teams...and it is stop making excuses.
I have said it before but the team has about 50% knowledgeable fans and 50% complete morons. If that offends anyone, we know the one in which you fit.
Name-calling always takes away from a point someone is trying to make. It seems you are the one who is triggered, not the people you are criticizing.

I hope I didn't offend you and have a great day.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While I agree with the premise of your post, you have no idea what Dak's attitude will be when he is 42.
Pay attention to the curcumstances being discussed and then listen to yourself. Your point about Dak is moot. Its a very good presumption that Dak would do the same as Brees in his situation.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Pay attention to the curcumstances being discussed and then listen to yourself. Your point about Dak is moot. Its a very good presumption that Dak would do the same as Brees.
I have done both thank you very much. The truth of the matter is no one knows what Dak will be thinking in 20 years, not you , not his family, no one.

To suggest otherwise is devoid on any facts.

Have a great day!