Brees willing to take below market contract

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have done both thank you very much. The truth of the matter is no one knows what Dak will be thinking in 20 years, not you , not his family, no one.

To suggest otherwise is devoid on any facts.

Have a great day!
That's not true. If Dak were in the same circumstances as Brees, we can safely assume Dak would not be asking for an over market contract. We know the character of Dak. That has everything to do with the point being made unlike your point of us not being clairvoyant.

Last edited:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He went to Westlake High in Austin.
I went to James Bowie High in Austin.

We were kind of rivals although Westlake was in EISD and we were AISD, but we usually played a game against them yearly. Super rich neighborhoods also, which was what made them our unofficial rivals. Our official one was Davy Crockett.
He was a freshman when I was a senior. Everyone already knew about him.
Westlake High was a football machine and they always got themselves great QB's.
We were a brand new high school, just getting our bearings.
I had a good friend who was a safety on our team. He got a sack on Brees in a game and I guaran-damn-tee you he's bragging about it to this day.
Great story!

May I ask what year you graduated? I lived in Austin for a few years in the mid 80's and seen a few Westlake games.

If you don't want to date yourself I understand.:(

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
That's not true. If Dak were in the same circumstances as Brees, we can safely assume Dak would not be asking for an over market contract. We know the charater of Dak. That has everything to do with the point being made unlike your point of us not being clairvoyant.
I like a lot of your post and you do make many good points, this one however is not one of them.

There is nothing 20 years in the future we can safely assume will happen.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It all depends on ones agenda.

Dak at first with us was dreaming his dream of being the Cowboy QB.

Checked that bucket list item off and now he wants the big prize.

I understand it.

I just don't want to hear anymore bleeding of Silver and Blue from him.

Take the money, enjoy it for now.

But just don't turn into another Quincy Carter.

We have waited decades to win again.
I guess Emmitt didn’t bleed silver and blue then. According to your idiotic logic

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like a lot of your post and you do make many good points, this one however is not one of them.

There is nothing 20 years in the future we can safely assume will happen.
You obviously have an agenda to talk about things other than football. Granted, we are now talking about human nature, we are talking about specific people with high character. It is a salient point to draw attention to the difference in the circumstances of Dak and Brees. It explains why one is willing to take a below market contract while the other is not.

All you seem to be interested in doing is being a contrarian by repeating the same argument over and over again. Make my point by doing it again.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's not on Dak's level of accomplishments.

High character vs low character
You need to stop. You sound like a teenage girl that just got dumped. Dak is one of the highest character guys in the nfl. This whole he’s greedy nonsense is you pushing a narrative that isn’t true. I guess the cowboys were greedy getting all of those wins out of a QB for 2.5 million over the last 4 years?
No?
Yeah it sounds different looking at it the other way.
Dak has multiple foundations for cancer. Donates what little he has to research and you’re sitting there talking about character? Look in the mirror. You’re bringing down a mans character that you don’t know personally because of a contract negotiation that doesn’t impact your life whatsoever .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You need to stop. You sound like a teenage girl that just got dumped. Dak is one of the highest character guys in the nfl. This whole he’s greedy nonsense is you pushing a narrative that isn’t true. I guess the cowboys were greedy getting all of those wins out of a QB for 2.5 million over the last 4 years?
No?
Yeah it sounds different looking at it the other way.
Dak has multiple foundations for cancer. Donates what little he has to research and you’re sitting there talking about character? Look in the mirror. You’re bringing down a mans character that you don’t know personally because of a contract negotiation that doesn’t impact your life whatsoever .
:clap::hammer::clap::hammer::clap::hammer:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Is he marrying Gisele too?

This gives the Saints such an unfair advantage.. These QB's who take team friendly deals just give their team a much better chance at a Superbowl.

He only won 1 though just like Rodgers.
Is it more luck?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Y'all are obsessed with Dak.
I am obsessed with the Cowboys and how they handle business in 2020. I don’t want to continue giving bad contracts like the past. I think the next man up gets paid the highest is bad business. I like Dak and hope he stays but I don’t want to give him a contract that hurts the Dallas Cowboys. My allegiance is to the Cowboys and not individual players.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Once Dak has his contract I would be surprised if he doesn't work with the team to restructure along the way to allow more cap space. That's so much easier to do once a palyer's financial future is secure.

Exactly. People hear about Prescott wanting (rumors) $40 mil a year, or even $35 mil a year, and act like that will be all in every year for the next 5 years, ignoring restructuring that can be done later, ignoring the fact that the cap goes up every year, and most of all ignoring the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the coaching and other changes will result in a SB win or two, in which case Dak would be worth every penny of what he gets.

Of course it's also possible that kind of money will result in the SB wins not happening, but nobody knows for sure which will happen. If you think the latter, fine, but I can't look at it that way, I'm at least willing to be optimistic...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Of course it's also possible that kind of money will result in the SB wins not happening, but nobody knows for sure which will happen. If you think the latter, fine, but I can't look at it that way, I'm at least willing to be optimistic...
Anything is possible, but it is highly unlikely the Cowboys win a SB in the near future regardless of whether or not they pay Dak. It's easy to sit back and claim a team can't win a SB with a certain player because chances are the team won't win a SB period. It's not like you're going out on a huge limb. If you bet against every player in the league to not win a SB, you'll win an overwhelming majority of the time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who decides if someone is asking too much?
kbzlaea.jpg

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Anything is possible, but it is highly unlikely the Cowboys win a SB in the near future regardless of whether or not they pay Dak. It's easy to sit back and claim a team can't win a SB with a certain player because chances are the team won't win a SB period. It's not like you're going out on a huge limb. If you bet against every player in the league to not win a SB, you'll win an overwhelming majority of the time.

Well I don't agree it's "highly" unlikely, though since with 32 teams in the league and only 1 possible SB winner, statistically that's true. I do think with the age of quarterbacks like Brady, Brees, Rodgers and others, on teams that are thought of as top contenders those teams will likely drop out of that status very soon, and other teams will fill the gap left by their departures. The Cowboys aren't in the bottom of the league as a team, so I'd say that have a better shot at the ring than most teams, so that would put them more in the "possible" category.

But I do get your point, and you certainly have things that support your decision.

I hope you're wrong!

:thumbup:

shabazz

Reaction score
I am obsessed with the Cowboys and how they handle business in 2020. I don’t want to continue giving bad contracts like the past. I think the next man up gets paid the highest is bad business. I like Dak and hope he stays but I don’t want to give him a contract that hurts the Dallas Cowboys. My allegiance is to the Cowboys and not individual players.
:hammer: