BTB: Stephen Jones: Kellen Moore as QBs coach is nearly a done deal for the Cowboys

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'd be a threat to Garrett.

lol - so you thought he was actually an option to take the QB coaching position in Dallas? Seems you are coming up with more fantasy scenarios.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
They hired a yes man as their QB coach.
You have to start with the ABCs first, then 1+1=2 and then you can get into why he hired Moore as QB coach. A little at a time with this guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Way to skip over all except a cherry picked part of my post. The rest of it you conveniently skipped is that it wasn't a 3 year process, and that he wasn't a threat to his head coach.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Your impression is wrong. NFL QB coaches are almost never former NFL players, and on the rare occasion they are, they are not highly successful ones. Accordingly, tying Moore's ability to coach to his success as an NFL player is off base.

By the way, Wade Wilson was, I believe the most successful former player of all the NFL QB coaches.
been wrong before. i just have zero faith in moore and would like to get new blood in here and stop recycling our ****.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Way to skip over all except a cherry picked part of my post. The rest of it you conveniently skipped is that it wasn't a 3 year process, and that he wasn't a threat to his head coach.
You're missing the ENTIRE POINT HERE. So let me type this slowly.

J e r r y J o n e s w i l l n o t h i r e a g u y w h o is e x p e r i e n c e d e n o u g h t o c h a l l e n g e G a r r e t t or H i m s e l f.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

J e r r y J o n e s w i l l n o t h i r e a g u y w h o is e x p e r i e n c e d e n o u g h t o c h a l l e n g e G a r r e t t or H i m s e l f.
That didn't come out how I wanted, but you get the point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
been wrong before. i just have zero faith in moore and would like to get new blood in here and stop recycling our ****.

And that's fine - I get that argument. My point is we don't have to come up with things that don't make sense to support a position.

Me personally, I have concerns about his lack of coaching background, but I also have some comfort in having read comments from a lot of people over the last 3 years that he is a very sharp football mind and has already been acting as a coach on the sidelines anyway. I'll give him a chance.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
And that's fine - I get that argument. My point is we don't have to come up with things that don't make sense to support a position.

Me personally, I have concerns about his lack of coaching background, but I also have some comfort in having read comments from a lot of people over the last 3 years that he is a very sharp football mind and has already been acting as a coach on the sidelines anyway. I'll give him a chance.
What's his qualifications? What was Garrett's qualifications? Jones hires anyone who's nice and comfortable, and surrounds himself with puppets. That's why it's been nearly 23 years. I know you totally agree with this philosophy, but fed up fans like myself and many others, we're sick of it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

heard that about garrett also. :)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Typing like that doesn't make your commentary any less stupid.

You have said that already anyway, and I have responded to it. The point is, there aren't coaches that are experienced enough to be a head coach that would be willing to accept a QB coach job with the Dallas Cowboys, and no other NFL teams are hiring QB coaches that are a challenge the their head coach either.

It's really not that hard to understand. You ridiculously act as if the Josh McDaniels of the world, with the coaching resume' he has now, are out there waiting and willing to take the job as a QB coach somewhere. That's not reality, it's just what you make up in your head to fabricate a fantasy argument.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
heard that about Garrett also. :)

We did, and it isn't a guarantee that it will work out. There are always guys that are supposed to be up and coming coaches with great minds - sometimes they work out, and sometimes they don't.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's his qualifications? What was Garrett's qualifications? Jones hires anyone who's nice and comfortable, and surrounds himself with puppets. That's why it's been nearly 23 years. I know you totally agree with this philosophy, but fed up fans like myself and many others, we're sick of it.

I guess you missed my point about McDaniels, who you seem to be touting so highly. What were his qualifications when New England hired him as QB coach in 2004? You can't tout McDaniels and also ignore this.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be working
Typing like that doesn't make your commentary any less stupid.

You have said that already anyway, and I have responded to it. The point is, there aren't coaches that are experienced enough to be a head coach that would be willing to accept a QB coach job with the Dallas Cowboys, and no other NFL teams are hiring QB coaches that are a challenge the their head coach either.

It's really not that hard to understand. You ridiculously act as if the Josh McDaniels of the world, with the coaching resume' he has now, are out there waiting and willing to take the job as a QB coach somewhere. That's not reality, it's just what you make up in your head to fabricate a fantasy argument.
There are way more individuals out there who are FAR MORE experienced than Moore, they are out there. If you're too lazy, and I'm talking to Jerry Jones, to search/look them up, then you get another decade or so of playoff exits.

If you continue to hire the Moore's of the world, then you're simply putting a band-aid over a gashing wound.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I guess you missed my point about McDaniels, who you seem to be touting so highly. What were his qualifications when New England hired him as QB coach in 2004? You can't tout McDaniels and also ignore this.
You mentioned there was no one out there who was a QB coach who became Head Coach, proven wrong.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm supposed to be working
There are way more individuals out there who are FAR MORE experienced than Moore, they are out there. If you're too lazy, and I'm talking to Jerry Jones, to search/look them up, then you get another decade or so of playoff exits.

If you continue to hire the Moore's of the world, then you're simply putting a band-aid over a gashing wound.

Yes, there are more experienced individuals - I never said there weren't, and it's ridiculous that you somehow interpreted that from what I said. Of course, that's your fantasy world logic The point is, having more experience than Moore doesn't magically make them a threat to the head coach. That's a ridiculous attempt at logic. History shows as much.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't know Moore, all I know is that he has no experience. Which is alright if Garrett was experienced. But now you have two guys in training on the staff. It's like we're running a training camp for coaches. I'm betting the defense is over there rolling their eyes at the offensive situation over there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mentioned there was no one out there who was a QB coach who became Head Coach, proven wrong.

No, I didn't say that - reading comprehension seems to be a real problem for you.

I said there is no 3 year progression where a QB coach went to O-Coordinator the following year, and to head coach the next year. I also said that even when QB coaches do eventually work their way up the food chain to becoming a head coach, they aren't replacing the head coach they served as QB coach for.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yes, there are more experienced individuals - I never said there weren't, and it's ridiculous that you somehow interpreted that from what I said. Of course, that's your fantasy world logic The point is, having more experience than Moore doesn't magically make them a threat to the head coach. That's a ridiculous attempt at logic. History shows as much.
What is Moore's experience? Shouldn't take long to answer that question, ZERO. Why does this matter to me? Because I want experienced coaches in there, someone with skins on the wall, someone who is a threat to Garrett. Anyone who is a threat to Garrett, that's who I want. I want also want an offensive coordinator who is a threat to Garrett. I also want a QB who is a threat to Dak, and I wanted a QB who was a threat to Romo. I want everyone on their heels right now. And the fans are the only threat to Jerry the GM right now if they sell their season tickets to opposing fans and not show up to the draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know Moore, all I know is that he has no experience. Which is alright if Garrett was experienced. But now you have two guys in training on the staff. It's like we're running a training camp for coaches. I'm betting the defense is over there rolling their eyes at the offensive situation over there.

Jason Garrett actually is experienced at this point. He has been an NFL coach for 13 years now. He just isn't that good at it.