Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The op may have gone a little over the top. But I will say this. I have never understood the trashing of this front office. When it comes to talent acquisition. this is easily a top five front office in the league. The proof is in the pudding. There are more players in the national football League drafted by Dallas than any other team. But if you listen to this fan base you would think it would be ranked number 32 just below carolina. :confused:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The op may have gone a little over the top. But I will say this. I have never understood the trashing of this front office. When it comes to talent acquisition. this is easily a top five front office in the league. The proof is in the pudding. There are more players in the national football League drafted by Dallas than any other team. But if you listen to this fan base you would think it would be ranked number 32 just below carolina. :confused:
The problem with this theory is....You can ONLY judge a sports FO by what they have won...if the good players are not getting coached...thats the FO, if the good coaches are not getting good players....thats the FO..there is LITERALLY no way to defend 28 years of bad endings as good...
Hell ask this FO if they have achieved their goal the last 28 years...the diference is in every other non Family specced business the FO would've been fired several times by now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it OP you still got a couple "Awwe Shucks boys, well get'm next year!" left, some dont...I'll be straight by kickoff of week1, but right now I'm still a little pissed about how they showed in the last real game they played...
It doesn't sit well with me either. Bad time to have a cowardly game.
It might not fully unsit until some playoff games get won.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
I didn't catch what you did in the 1st couple sentences. "Big dance"....you said. To justify your scolding.

If you'd used" embarrassing playoff performance....28 years"..it would have been more truthful....and it might have hit you that the fans being scolded have good reason.

For us older fans....we have a history of winning and excellence. Not every single year of course. Not every year has to "the big dance"

So right off the bat...your premise us flawed.

shabazz

Reaction score
The problem with this theory is....You can ONLY judge a sports FO by what they have won...if the good players are not getting coached...thats the FO, if the good coaches are not getting good players....thats the FO...
After not ever wanting to share credit with a HC like Jimmy, he never hired a coach other than Parcells that would have more gravitas and presence than him.

Parcells was hired mainly for Jerry to get his new stadium funded......by his own admission.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The problem with this theory is....You can ONLY judge a sports FO by what they have won...if the good players are not getting coached...thats the FO, if the good coaches are not getting good players....thats the FO..there is LITERALLY no way to defend 28 years of bad endings as good...
Hell ask this FO if they have achieved their goal the last 28 years...the diference is in every other non Family specced business the FO would've been fired several times by now.
Give me the 10 front offices you would take above this one?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things.
LOL so I guess another 28 years is no big deal in that grand scheme !!
If the first 28 is no big deal then the 2nd 28 is no big deal either.

I hope they go another 28 without a SB, and see if at some point you change your mind .

The other teams that have no SB's , or only 2-3 , dallas is just like them now .every year playoff failure and no SB.
It is going to stay that way , jerry can still make his money, just by keeping cowboys talked about.
What he is doing this season is a classic example of why cowboys will never be in a SB again.

Next year we get to see if there is some kind of big plan behind this year.

Another thing is the reason other teams and the cowboys cant get to SB, much less a win, all comes back to the
owner and GM, and HC of those teams. Our GM and owner is not changing, and he always hires lame HC, so Dallas
is stuck in this bad playoffs cycle, till one of those 3 things change for the better.
I dont foresee any changes coming, I doubt BB is coming here in 25, so I expect current cycle to continue onward lol.

Also other teams have not won a SB but they have got to one, and been in conference championship games, dallas hasnt in the 28 years.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
LOL so I guess another 28 years is no big deal in that grand scheme !!
If the first 28 is no big deal then the 2nd 28 is no big deal either.

I hope they go another 28 without a SB, and see if at some point you change your mind .

The other teams that have no SB's , or only 2-3 , dallas is just like them now .every year playoff failure and no SB.
It is going to stay that way , jerry can still make his money, just by keeping cowboys talked about.
What he is doing this season is a classic example of why cowboys will never be in a SB again.

Next year we get to see if there is some kind of big plan behind this year.

Another thing is the reason other teams and the cowboys cant get to SB, much less a win, all comes back to the
owner and GM, and HC of those teams. Our GM and owner is not changing, and he always hires lame HC, so Dallas
is stuck in this bad playoffs cycle, till one of those 3 things change for the better.
I dont foresee any changes coming, I doubt BB is coming here in 25, so I expect current cycle to continue onward lol.

Also other teams have not won a SB but they have got to one, and been in conference championship games, dallas hasnt in the 28 years.
100%..some here dont realize how bad this is..they need to look it up what NFL Franchises have not been to a chapionship game since 1996...its less than 5.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is a business. The Dallas Cowboys are a business within a business.

Businesses are run by management. NFL teams are run by front office management.

Management's top goal is achieving the best results possible. This approach should not be any different from management in the NFL.

Management is regularly replaced within businesses whenever targeted results are not achieved. This philosophy is generally followed within the NFL except with the Dallas Cowboys.

The NFL's top achievement is the Lombardi Trophy. The top-tier of Dallas Cowboys management, a.k.a. the front office mainstays, have never assessed their inability of achieving their verbalized top goal. Almost annually, Cowboys management has assessed scouting personnel. Coaches. Players. Never themselves.

The Dallas Cowboys could fail at reaching and winning a Super Bowl without its current General Manager and/or its Chief Operating Officer. It could also succeed at winning its sixth Lombardi or more.

I have never understood why this front office does not follow common business evaluation and adopt new managerial vision. Well. I understand why. It is why I have and will continue criticizing them, despite its 'top five front office' billing.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The NFL is a business. The Dallas Cowboys are a business within a business.

Businesses are run by management. NFL teams are run by front office management.

Management's top goal is achieving the best results possible. This approach should not be any different from management in the NFL.

Management is regularly replaced within businesses whenever targeted results are not achieved. This philosophy is generally followed within the NFL except with the Dallas Cowboys.

The NFL's top achievement is the Lombardi Trophy. The top-tier of Dallas Cowboys management, a.k.a. the front office mainstays, have never assessed their inability of achieving their verbalized top goal. Almost annually, Cowboys management has assessed scouting personnel. Coaches. Players. Never themselves.

The Dallas Cowboys could fail at reaching and winning a Super Bowl without its current General Manager and/or its Chief Operating Officer. It could also succeed at winning its sixth Lombardi or more.

I have never understood why this front office does not follow common business evaluation and adopt new management vision. Well. I understand why. It is why I have and will continue criticizing them, despite its 'top five front office' billing.
We all criticize them. But let's stop acting like there the Carolina Panthers.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Will try and do better Jerry.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The question I asked myself is this. Is the Carolina Panthers fan base just miserable as this fan base? Or are they more miserable? If that's even possible. I believe even if we went on to super bowl this year it still wouldn't matter the fan base will still be miserable. I think it's just baked into the pie. I've been at Dallas cowboys fan since 1990. I've seen the best of times and the worst of times. And I have never had this mindset. Life is too short. Just go watch golf.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The question I asked myself is this. Is the Carolina Panthers fan base just miserable as this fan base? Or are they more miserable? If that's even possible. I believe even if we went on to super bowl this year it still wouldn't matter the fan base will still be miserable. I think it's just baked into the pie. I've been at Dallas cowboys fan since 1990. I've seen the best of times and the worst of times. And I have never had this mindset. Life is too short. Just go watch golf.
You sound pretty miserable ........ must suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.