Can Dak lead us to the Super Bowl this year?

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'll apologize once you post that 2002 raiders super bowl trophy

LOL

It's actually funny that the OP chose Gannon because since the game ended so badly for him (and the fact that he played at an elite level up until the Super Bowl).

New Title: Can Dak lead us to a Super Bowl (by playing at an elite level all year only to throw 5 interceptions in the big game)?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is capable as long as the OL holds up. Is it likely, probably not......The better question is, are the coaches capable? I say no.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The original point was that Gannon was a bus driver in 2002 when the raiders went to the Super Bowl. You seem to agree

Please, state your case. And PS , questioning everyone else's comprehension when you're not even fully aware of what is being discussed, is a bad look

It's Christmas so I'll be gracious to you. I'll give you another shot to tell me how the 2002 league MVP bears any comparison to Daks impact on our team offensively
Yeah...this
Throwing for 4689 yards is the Polar opposite of bus driving

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's actually funny that the OP chose Gannon because since the game ended so badly for him (and the fact that he played at an elite level up until the Super Bowl).

New Title: Can Dak lead us to a Super Bowl (by playing at an elite level all year only to throw 5 interceptions in the big game)?

I'm not dogging Gannon. He was amazing that year. He was a far better QB than the guy (Brad johnson) whose team won that Super Bowl

I'm bringing up that point because jazz cat said that we were cherry-picking stats from Super Bowl championship seasons. I'm mocking his ignorance. He's unaware that the Raiders didn't win it all that year, even though he's such a "knowledgeable" fan compared to us

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yall know my stance on Dakota, but since its xmas, i’ll try not to be too brash :rolleyes:

Only way he can is if the defense pulls a “giants of 2007/2011 postseason run”.

Eli has never won a playoff game when his defense gave up over 20 points in the game. In 07, they held the high-powered Cowboys offense to 17 points and one of the greatest offenses of all time, the Pats, to 14 points.

If our defense can put up performances like that (against the Rams/Saints and Chiefs/Chargers), he can.

If we get in to a shootout in any of the games like the GB playoff game, he can not.
He can. They can. :thumbup:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your patience is wearing thin because you are trying to defend an indefensible position. If you don't like it either put me on ignore or stop trying to defend such a poor argument. You attempted to make a point, you failed, I called you on it. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

I am not upset because I know I am right.
I proved my point and you are the one that does not like it.
And I will put you on ignore. I had you on ignore before. For the same stupid reasons you are showing now. This time you stay on it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I am not upset because I know I am right.
I proved my point and you are the one that does not like it.
And I will put you on ignore. I had you on ignore before. For the same stupid reasons you are showing now. This time you stay on it.

The best Christmas gift JD could have hoped for

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Uh, can pigs fly? No chance Dak can go to a SB unless he is a spectator...the guy just cannot play QB at this level. Holds the ball to long, over or under throws the ball, cannot lead a receiver, just tons of bad junk from that cat! Perhaps you should have asked, "Can the defense carry his bad self to a SB?" Thy guy is just not a quality NFL QB...IMO.
Hahahah... Merry Christmas bro. Long time no see.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t know if he can. As many of you know, I’m very skeptical of his passing ability in general.

With that said I sure as hell hope he can and will be all in on the team to win it all.

JDSmith

Reaction score
The problem is that the OP should probably have simply asked if the Cowboys could get to the Super Bowl rather than making it all about Dak leading them there. And Gannon should have absolutely been left out of the argument because he was the league MVP when the Raiders went and his adjusted numbers would be through the roof.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The problem is that the OP should probably have simply asked if the Cowboys could get to the Super Bowl rather than making it all about Dak leading them there. And Gannon should have absolutely been left out of the argument because he was the league MVP when the Raiders went and his adjusted numbers would be through the roof.
I appreciate the breakdown. Duly noted. I'll take all of those stellar points into account next time I post anything about Dak or our Cowboys . . .

tenor.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Rich Gannon can take Duh Raiduhs to the Super Bowl, we most definitely can get there with Dak.

Rich Gannon had an MVP year in 2002 when he led the Raiders to the Super Bowl. He passed for almost 4700 yards that season. We don’t have the passing game or redzone offense to get far in the playoffs. We don’t score enough which has resulted in tight games all season. We couldn’t put Tampa away on Sunday despite the NFC East title being on the line for us with the Bucs having nothing to play for. The Cowboys continue to lack a killer instinct. We all should just be thankful they made the playoffs this season.

This is the weakest playoff team they’ve had since the 2003 season. This may be the lowest ranked offense the Cowboys have ever had that’s made the playoffs. They rank 23 in total offense compared to the 2003 team that ranked 15th. We have a great runner but our passing game is not good. We rank 24th in passing compared to 17th in passing with Quincy Carter in 2003. Dak is a lot better than Carter who received much better coaching from Parcells and his staff. Dak needs better coaching. He has great intangibles but he has to improve his accuracy.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
Bigger question is will Dak go over or under 185 yards in the wild card game? I see a 33 of 38 for 184 coming. Then we will be told how his percentage set a playoff record.

Love the 3rd and 9 dump off to Zeke for 3 yards, padding his completion percentage game he has coming up.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Rich Gannon had an MVP year in 2002 when he led the Raiders to the Super Bowl. He passed for almost 4700 yards that season. We don’t have the passing game or redzone offense to get far in the playoffs. We don’t score enough which has resulted in tight games all season. We couldn’t put Tampa away on Sunday despite the NFC East title being on the line for us with the Bucs having nothing to play for. The Cowboys continue to lack a killer instinct. We all should just be thankful they made the playoffs this season.

This is the weakest playoff team they’ve had since the 2003 season. This may be the lowest ranked offense the Cowboys have ever had that’s made the playoffs. They rank 23 in total offense compared to the 2003 team that ranked 15th. We have a great runner but our passing game is not good. We rank 24th in passing compared to 17th in passing with Quincy Carter in 2003. Dak is a lot better than Carter who received much better coaching from Parcells and his staff. Dak needs better coaching. He has a great intangibles but he has to improve his accuracy.
Soooooooo....

You saying there's a chance?

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Hammer/Nail

Why even ask if the driving factor behind the league's 24th ranked passing attack can "lead" the Cowboys to the Super Bowl

If we get there it will be on the back of Zeke and the defense

If not for them pulling the train all year, we wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs, much less talking about how deep we can go

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Soooooooo....

You saying there's a chance?

There’s always a chance this is the NFL. This team has battled back from 3-5 to 9-6 so being able to do that makes anything possible but the Cowboys reaching the Super Bowl isn’t likely. Any flaws a team has usually comes back to bite them in the playoffs. Dak and our passing game are flawed. Our OL is flawed. We’re giving up too many sacks and leaving too many points on the field.

We simply don’t score enough especially when we’re in position to score. We’ve been putting too much pressure on our defense to win games and the D is starting to show some cracks. We can’t keep putting pressure on our defense to hold opponents down. Negative plays, missed throws and penalties have hurt our offensive efficiency.