Can Dak lead us to the Super Bowl this year?

ShortRound

Reaction score
It’s too much for one person to shoulder ....

Before the NO game I would have laughed but I’m confident our D can stop almost anyone.

And that first half of football against NO was amazing. Question is if we can make that run in the playoffs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It’s too much for one person to should....

Before the NO game I would have laughed but I’m confident our D can stop almost anyone.

And that first half of football against NO was amazing. Question is if we can make that run in the playoffs.

I believe in our defense too. However

The unfortunate reality is that if we play NO again, it will be in the Super Dome

And in that case no way we'll hold them to 13 points.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I believe in our defense too. However

The unfortunate reality is that if we play NO again, it will be in the Super Dome

And in that case no way we'll hold them to 13 points.

I gave them no shot to win so anything can happen. But yeah Brees could just light us up for 60.

DFWJC

Reaction score
YEAH
Another Dak-cenric thread!

Get at least one every day, it seems. Sometimes 3 or 4!

:dance::oldcouple::dance:

Anyway.
If we win a SB, I would think the defense and run game will lead us there...by far.
But if Dak plays a larger than average role, I would be equally thrilled
:flagwave:
You never know. Flacco, for example, has had some terrible playoff games. But he caught lightening in a bottle and really helped his strong defense and run game get a title.
Team game, and Dak is a big of it

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Its now time to let Dak be Dak.

And with the idiot we have as HC and his vanilla queen OC, we all know this w ont happen. They are waaay smarter and play calling gurus...yea right. This team under this leadership has a snowballs chance in he'll of even getting close to sniffing an SB.

JDSmith

Reaction score
As I said, I posted in response to a certain post. What do you not understand?

I don't understand why you felt the need to post stats that didn't prove your point. Someone said Gannon was far more talented, you posted career stats in an attempt to address (and possibly refute) that assertion. You didn't do so, because Gannon played in a different era and also played at an elite level during the time when the Raiders were contending for a Super Bowl title.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand why you felt the need to post stats that didn't prove your point. Someone said Gannon was far more talented, you posted career stats in an attempt to address (and possibly refute) that assertion. You didn't do so, because Gannon played in a different era and also played at an elite level during the time when the Raiders were contending for a Super Bowl title.

And once again. If someone opens it up to compare QB's or teams in different era's, then argues against that as to a viable comparison. Then it is having an agenda. If one opens it up to that, then any comparison to any era is open.
What is so hard to understand here.
You now are wearing thin on my patience.
Many put you on ignore for awhile them too. Stop wasting my time on something someone else started.

They stopped but another felt they had to be an arrogant idiot to me, so put them on ignore already.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question I have about Dak is pressure. Not the pressure from the D's, the pressure from within. It wasn't long ago that he made that ill-advised comment about wanting to be the GOAT Cowboys QB. That's better kept to himself considering the QB's in our past.

How odd is it that we go from the most polarized QB in the NFL to the most polarized QB in the NFL? Sure doesn't help with the required coverage of the Cowboys but do we think Dak ignores all of that? It is fine to have an "I'll show them" attitude but then he doesn't, he follows in his predecessor's footstep and feeds the fire.

It is totally unfair for us to think he should just blot all of this out because Romo couldn't, they're human beings and the toughest job in all of sports is the DC QB and that has been that way going back to Dom Meredith. The pressure can break a man and just make him want to get away from it.

I do think that Dak is mentally tough but I also think thoughts creep in that he can't keep out. It is my opinion that's the reason he had such a great rookie year is that he wasn't asked to think, just play the position. There was 0 pressure on the 3rd string 4th round QB, just play like he did in college. Rely on his instincts, don't over think it, just react to the situation.

I am on record from the beginning, I think he has problems with consistent accuracy but I think the bigger problem is the self-imposed pressure on him to not make a mistake. When he drops back and surveys the field, I believe one of those thoughts is "don't screw it up" and he can't shut that off. Whether you liked Romo or not, one thing we could agree on, the man was a master at selective amnesia.

If I were his HC, I would be releasing some of the self-imposed restraints on him and get him back to playing instinctive football. That won't help with accuracy issues but I believe that will make him a better overall QB and part of Dak's game involves his legs. Get out where the DC's don't want him, he is not and probably never will be a pocket QB. But that does not mean he cannot be an effective QB with the right pieces around him.

JDSmith

Reaction score
And once again. If someone opens it up to compare QB's or teams in different era's, then argues against that as to a viable comparison. Then it is having an agenda. If one opens it up to that, then any comparison to any era is open.
Many put you on ignore for awhile them too. Stop wasting my time on something someone else started.

They stopped but another felt they had to be an arrogant idiot to me, so put them on ignore already.

Your patience is wearing thin because you are trying to defend an indefensible position. If you don't like it either put me on ignore or stop trying to defend such a poor argument. You attempted to make a point, you failed, I called you on it. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I gave them no shot to win so anything can happen. But yeah Brees could just light us up for 60.

They (Saints) are a good team anywhere.

But still markedly better at home vs the road. Most people may not know this but in 7 home games this year, NO has only scored less than 30 points one time. And under 40 only 3 times

That's mind boggling. They are going to be an incredibly tough out now that they have homefield locked up

JDSmith

Reaction score
I am on record from the beginning, I think he has problems with consistent accuracy but I think the bigger problem is the self-imposed pressure on him to not make a mistake. When he drops back and surveys the field, I believe one of those thoughts is "don't screw it up" and he can't shut that off. Whether you liked Romo or not, one thing we could agree on, the man was a master at selective amnesia.

I agree with that 100%. I also think that's part of the reason they need to call some runs for Dak early. He seems to loosen up once he's had a bit of success running. IMO he even throws better after a couple of runs, and I think it's because of what you mentioned. He just plays more relaxed after he runs a bit.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I'll apologize once you post that 2002 raiders super bowl trophy

LOL

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If Rich Gannon can take Duh Raiduhs to the Super Bowl, we most definitely can get there with Dak.

Uh, can pigs fly? No chance Dak can go to a SB unless he is a spectator...the guy just cannot play QB at this level. Holds the ball to long, over or under throws the ball, cannot lead a receiver, just tons of bad junk from that cat! Perhaps you should have asked, "Can the defense carry his bad self to a SB?" Thy guy is just not a quality NFL QB...IMO.