Can Dak lead us to the Super Bowl this year?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dak will never throw for 4000 yards. He won’t be a starting QB in this league in 3-4 years max.
tenor.gif

QT

Reaction score
Flacco is a much better passer than Dak. Flacco has thrown for 4,300 yards one year and many other years with high 3,000 yard performances.

Dallas D has to be as dominant as Tampa and Baltimore. I don't think they are that consistently dominate right now. Maybe when we get a ball hawk safety like Baltimore's Ed Reed or even someone close to Tampa Bay's John Lynch's skillset.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dak is a much better passer than Dilfer. Not close.

And Dak can run. I don't remember Dilfer being able to run well. I honestly don't remember Dilfer doing anything well. That team won in spite of Dilfer, I don't feel like the Cowboys win in spite of Dak (although others disagree). I'd like Dak to play better, but he's not baggage IMO. Dilfer was pretty much baggage.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Flacco is a much better passer than Dak. Flacco has thrown for 4,300 yards one year and many other years with high 3,000 yard performances.

Dallas D has to be as dominant as Tampa and Baltimore. I don't think they are that consistently dominate right now. Maybe when we get a ball hawk safety like Baltimore's Ed Reed or even someone close to Tampa Bay's John Lynch's skillset.

The good thing is, the Giants in 2007 weren't dominant on D until the playoffs. They ended the regular season as the 17th ranked scoring defense. They just got hot at the right time and carried the team - to the tune of holding the second ranked scoring offense (us) to 17 pts and the first ranked scoring offense to 14 pts. I'm not exactly confident that we can have that kind of streak, but we've seen it done fairly recently.

dfense

Reaction score
A bit premature to proclaim so... :popcorn:

:rolleyes:
I appreciate your enthusiasm for Dak. I wish I shared it. His 3 or 4 nice passes a game isn't going to cut it against Seattle.

I'm pretty sure Garrett is going to be the target of your disappointment after that home game when Dak can only muster 13 points after next week.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No chance. No QB that sucks as bad as Dak has ever made it. There have been a few non flashy bus driver types that have made it but Dak isn’t even to that level. It would take some extraordinary events for this team with Dak to make it.
What you talkin about Willis? Rex Grossman played in the Super Bowl!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Um, Dak is the ONLY aspect of this team that I feel that prevents us from making a real run for the SB. He is the final piece that needs to be replaced. So no!

And looking ahead to next year, it does seem there might actually be a few QB's that have franchise potential hitting the market. I strongly suggest we hold off signing Dak and try and grab one. Foles will be one of them.
I am up in the air regarding Dak, but I am all in for Foles. He does all the things Dak struggles with. Not afraid to throw into tight windows, can subtley move around in the pocket, makes anticipation throws well, throws the deep ball as well as anyone, goes through his progressions. Hell, the guy was lights out in the NFC Championsship game and the Super Bowl last year.

I hope Philly losses vs the Skins. If Philly gets into the playoffs and Foles plays lights out, their will be some serious competition for his services. Will Philly let him become a Free Agent?

Foles could turn us into a Super Bowl favorite next year!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. Gannon was far more talented. Is a Flacco like run possible? Maybe, but not probable.
Yea, Gannon was MVP that year.

Im not sure if our defense is as dominating as we saw against Saints? If it is we can win.

This year we’re 7-0 when we score 20 or more points.

Offense is our Achilles heel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak will never throw for 4000 yards. He won’t be a starting QB in this league in 3-4 years max.
Silly statement. It's not that hard to throw for 4,000 yards, and wouldn't prove anything either way.

Winston, Dalton, Tannehill, Bortles, Freeman, all threw for 4,000 and none of those guys are great passers.

gmb1

Reaction score
I appreciate your enthusiasm for Dak. I wish I shared it. His 3 or 4 nice passes a game isn't going to cut it against Seattle.

I'm pretty sure Garrett is going to be the target of your disappointment after that home game when Dak can only muster 13 points after next week.
Unless our defense holds them to 10 points ala the Saints game. ;)

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Real talk. We should pick # 2 on that list up in the off-season and let them push each other.

I agree, let Bridewater know he has a legit chance to start if he beats out Prescott in camp. Let the best QB win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak has to play well for this team to win it all, but then this team has to play to give themselves a chance. This is a team game, I don't care about stats I care about guys stepping up in big moments and making plays that can win games, both offense and defense.