Can the last remaining Dez fans at least accept who he really is?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I understand the concept of message boards. You can post as many threads of whatever topic you feel and it is par for the course. My issue is less the quantity (although it's telling) and more the fact that you keep baiting folks over and over and over to engage you and then point like "see! haha"

Dez is a grown man, multi-millionaire, criticism is what it is, seems like a fair trade off in life, my opinion is just that it's lame to kick a guy while he's down that was a big part of our favorite team, regardless how you feel about him, especially once he's been jettisoned.

My vested interest is that it pivots to attacks on individuals, yes I'm a Dez fan, but I don't necesarily 'care' about him to that extent, it's more that the arguments become more personal, more targeted, more ad hominem towards us, people, fans. Also I grew up on message boards so arguing is just what you do, and as things go on, it becomes less the topic, and more the adversarial nature of discussion.

Lastly it's natural for a fan to care, to respond, to defend. I like Dez, I am a passionate football fan and spent years of my life tied to the hip of him as a player on my favorite team. He was a monster in his prime and really won me over and I enjoyed him playing for the Cowboys. So yeah there's an emotional tie there so it's relatively natural to have a stake in the argument. Your investment is much stranger

As far as the original point yeah Dez is a bit off his rocker, his flaws have not only been confirmed, but have been exposed in humiliating fashion and he's only fanned the flames. I do think there's a ton of piling on, a lot of over exaggeration, and a bit of self fulfilling prophecy at play, but it is what it is, and it's hard to defend anymore.

@superonyx i know his schtick, I just thought what the hell I'll give an honest reply, but before I could the flimsy charade melted away anyway

This might be the night that Proof Met Superonyx. A marriage made in heaven. I a pulling for you two crazy kids!
Me mum thinks you two are cute.

Verdict

Reaction score
I understand the concept of message boards. You can post as many threads of whatever topic you feel and it is par for the course. My issue is less the quantity (although it's telling) and more the fact that you keep baiting folks over and over and over to engage you and then point like "see! haha"

Dez is a grown man, multi-millionaire, criticism is what it is, seems like a fair trade off in life, my opinion is just that it's lame to kick a guy while he's down that was a big part of our favorite team, regardless how you feel about him, especially once he's been jettisoned.

My vested interest is that it pivots to attacks on individuals, yes I'm a Dez fan, but I don't necesarily 'care' about him to that extent, it's more that the arguments become more personal, more targeted, more ad hominem towards us, people, fans. Also I grew up on message boards so arguing is just what you do, and as things go on, it becomes less the topic, and more the adversarial nature of discussion.

Lastly it's natural for a fan to care, to respond, to defend. I like Dez, I am a passionate football fan and spent years of my life tied to the hip of him as a player on my favorite team. He was a monster in his prime and really won me over and I enjoyed him playing for the Cowboys. So yeah there's an emotional tie there so it's relatively natural to have a stake in the argument. Your investment is much stranger

As far as the original point yeah Dez is a bit off his rocker, his flaws have not only been confirmed, but have been exposed in humiliating fashion and he's only fanned the flames. I do think there's a ton of piling on, a lot of over exaggeration, and a bit of self fulfilling prophecy at play, but it is what it is, and it's hard to defend anymore.

@superonyx i know his schtick, I just thought what the hell I'll give an honest reply, but before I could the flimsy charade melted away anyway

Actually I respect your reply. I think your assessment of Dez is fair. I also quite honestly feel for Dez as a person in a way because this is probably the first real reality check he has experienced as a professional football player. I don't think he is handling it productively, but that is a side issue.

This is a pretty useful reply post because it is substantive and on point. The part of it that I do disagree with is Dez supporters being victims.

Dez fans have been vicious and continue to be so. Any criticism is met with personal attacks and an attempt to silence the speaker.

Superonyz and Toruk can be counted on to fall into the vicious crow category every single time. They can't stand legitimate discussion or debate.

Kudos to you for a substantive reply.

Proof

Reaction score
This might be the night that Proof Met Superonyx. A marriage made in heaven. I a pulling for you two crazy kids!
Me mum thinks you two are cute.

you are literally the corniest poster on any site I've ever visited. and you don't even seem to have a purpose to it. Please do not address me, I have a hard enough time avoiding your posts without the tag

Verdict

Reaction score
You aren't emotionally stable. You're following another man anonymously around the internet.

Someone who has reached the pinnacle of his career. Dez is better at playing football than you're at anything....except perhaps cyber stalking.

You came my thread. Must have been the crow call.

Proof

Reaction score
Actually I respect your reply. I think your assessment of Dez is fair. I also quite honestly feel for Dez as a person in a way because this is probably the first real reality check he has experienced as a professional football player. I don't think he is handling it productively, but that is a side issue.

This is a pretty useful reply post because it is substantive and on point. The part of it that I do disagree with is Dez supporters being victims.

Dez fans have been vicious and continue to be so. Any criticism is met with personal attacks and an attempt to silence the speaker.

Superonyz and Toruk can be counted on to fall into the vicious crow category every single time. They can't stand legitimate discussion or debate.

Kudos to you for a substantive reply.

I can't speak to or for anyone but me. At some point though, you get what you're looking for

Also I didn't mean what I said in the context of being victims, just that it's never really just about dez, the argument becomes you vs me, and thats where things devolve.

Verdict

Reaction score
Never met him. Don’t care about Dez honestly. But every now and then I enjoy trolling a troll.
There isn’t a person here who is weirdo than this guy. His agenda against Dez seems personal for him.

Check my posting history....Check his...
See who has more Dez post...it’s not even close..I haven’t posted in a while...
I come back to the board and this guy is still ranting about Dez. Repeating himself for 6 months now.

Nice personal attack. Par for the course. What do you think about Dez' mental status?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
you are literally the corniest poster on any site I've ever visited. and you don't even seem to have a purpose to it. Please do not address me, I have a hard enough time avoiding your posts without the tag

That was meant to hurt me and it did!
You made me cry and you made Jesus cry.
I hope you are proud of yourself, Mister Mr.!

Verdict

Reaction score
I can't speak to or for anyone but me. At some point though, you get what you're looking for

Also I didn't mean what I said in the context of being victims, just that it's never really just about dez, the argument becomes you vs me, and thats where things devolve.

It's not ok to attack a poster for his or her viewpoints even though it's unpopular. If you notice I didn't attack you nor the crows in the thread. I'm plenty thick skinned as you can tell. But these guys also attack other people who aren't as thick skinned.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We don’t know this is even close to true.
So Dez immediately after the season came out and blamed the coaches for stale playcalling and offense and somehow it was him who “refused” to run routes...or it was him who couldn’t learn to run routes...

I guess our entire WR Corp including Beasley and Witten all refused to run anymore than 2 routes for the same stale formations.

Why would Dez come out and complain about the offense if he was refusing to run it any other way?

He was their fall guy..

They should have been fired.
You have a point, Dez isnt too bright, but we dont know what his routes were supposed to be or how well he ran them.
If you specifically look at what all the receivers do after the snap on a pass play it is odd and lackluster.
There is the brilliant lol route where cole just stands there and runs no route on purpose lol.
They all come off the line at different speeds, I stopped a play the other day and Dak was back ready to pass, and looking,
and cole was just standing on los, 1 guy was 1 yd off los another was 2 yds, witten the slowest guy was almost 5 yards,
and another was 4 yds, all were still going straight, and none looking back yet.

At that point there was no one to throw to, unless he threw to the spot the guy would be at very quickly.
It just looked plain jane like some kids playing sand lot football , except for cole just standing there.
and think about that, they have their quickest cutting wr, and have him stand still for the play ?? real good use of him huh?

They throw to the sideline a lot, which I dont care for, neither did madden. Rarely run slants or across the field patterns.

And after last season and what dez is saying they are changing their offense , so even they see it was flawed and predictable.

Dez was a diva, and has poor work ethic, and I dont blame cowboys for cutting him , since he wouldn't consider a pay cut,
but I think what he is saying about offense is mostly the truth.

About certain players getting him cut, that is partly true, if jones boys were thinking they should cut dez, and at same time
star players and some coaches were saying he should go, then that would factor into their decision.

Signing with rock nation, and firing his other agent was a huge mistake, because no one is giving dez good advice,
and in fact probably gave him bad advice.

Verdict

Reaction score
You have a point, Dez isnt too bright, but we dont know what his routes were supposed to be or how well he ran them.
If you specifically look at what all the receivers do after the snap on a pass play it is odd and lackluster.
There is the brilliant lol route where cole just stands there and runs no route on purpose lol.
They all come off the line at different speeds, I stopped a play the other day and Dak was back ready to pass, and looking,
and cole was just standing on los, 1 guy was 1 yd off los another was 2 yds, witten the slowest guy was almost 5 yards,
and another was 4 yds, all were still going straight, and none looking back yet.

At that point there was no one to throw to, unless he threw to the spot the guy would be at very quickly.
It just looked plain jane like some kids playing sand lot football , except for cole just standing there.
and think about that, they have their quickest cutting wr, and have him stand still for the play ?? real good use of him huh?

They throw to the sideline a lot, which I dont care for, neither did madden. Rarely run slants or across the field patterns.

And after last season and what dez is saying they are changing their offense , so even they see it was flawed and predictable.

Dez was a diva, and has poor work ethic, and I dont blame cowboys for cutting him , since he wouldn't consider a pay cut,
but I think what he is saying about offense is mostly the truth.

About certain players getting him cut, that is partly true, if jones boys were thinking they should cut dez, and at same time
star players and some coaches were saying he should go, then that would factor into their decision.

Signing with rock nation, and firing his other agent was a huge mistake, because no one is giving dez good advice,
and in fact probably gave him bad advice.

I will say this: I don't know who to "blame" for the woeful receiving corps last year, but I have always wondered why we don't seem to run slants very often, effectively use motion, don't pass to the RB, don't use run routes at all, don't throw the halfback pass at all, and a few other issues.

I hypothesize that some of that is limited by personnel, which is why Dez and Witten are gone. But there is no doubt we need to be more creative on offense. I am hopeful that removing those two from the team will clear up that issue. Regardless it was time for both to move on. We need to fix it now.

T-RO

Reaction score
Here’s my Dez take and I’ll not say much more here after this. I won’t pretend that my view is ‘objective’ because I don’t think anyone of us can be fully objective and we don’t have all the facts.

Dez didn’t get meaningful parenting and so in many ways he has the maturity of a child. Further hindering his growth as a person is money and fame—which can be a toxic thing for many people. Dez isn’t at all like T.O. I don’t see Dez as someone who wants to hurt other people except when he feels rejected or threatened. Meanwhile T.O. Does want to hurt other people and he’s extremely talented at doing so. I could be wrong but I view Dez as generally a good-hearted person...just very immature and with some diva in him.

I think Dez as a receiver and Dez as a locker room and sideline presence became a distraction and borderline detriment. It might have been different with Tony throwing the passes, but that’s simply not the reality here. He didn’t learn his craft well and that limited how he could be used in the offense.

I truly wish Dez happiness and success. He’s got some good in him. If he is willing to grow through this transition he can become a stronger person. I’m rooting for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
Here’s my Dez take and I’ll not say much more here after this. I won’t pretend that my view is ‘objective’ because I don’t think anyone of us can be fully objective and we don’t have all the facts.

Dez didn’t get meaningful parenting and so in many ways he has the maturity of a child. Further hindering his growth as a person is money and fame—which can be a toxic thing for many people. Dez isn’t at all like T.O. I don’t see Dez as someone who wants to hurt other people except when he feels rejected or threatened. Meanwhile T.O. Does want to hurt other people and he’s extremely talented at doing so. I could be wrong but I view Dez as generally a good-hearted person...just very immature and with some diva in him.

I think Dez as a receiver and Dez as a locker room and sideline presence became a distraction and borderline detriment. It might have been different with Tony throwing the passes, but that’s simply not the reality here. He didn’t learn his craft well and that limited how he could be used in the offense.

I truly wish Dez happiness and success. He’s got some good in him. If he is willing to grow through this transition he can become a stronger person. I’m rooting for him.

That's a really good post.

T-RO

Reaction score
As for Marinelli... Let’s not forget that Scott has produced elite offenses in previous seasons here and elsewhere. Perhaps he got too comfortable.

The offense was way too predictable last season and Cowboys coaches and brass know it. Scott knows it. But in his defense here is what he had:
-Brice Butler was mr. alligator arms when asked to run over the middle
-Cole’s physical profile doesn’t so work well down-field
-Witten was getting old
-Dez has never mastered the route tree as HOFers Shannon Sharpe and Chris Carter often note

That’s a ton of factors limiting the playbook! Nevertheless Scott deserves some criticism here I believe.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's funny how you guys will defend Dez and make excuses for him but CANNOT bring yourself to admit he's just not stable right now. You know it's true, but you can't admit it.

You also won't take the position that he's 100 percent stable so you won't say it. Your sole purpose in coming to this thread is to silence the Dez criticism. You can't stand anything negative being said about Dez.

I couldn't really give you an opinion of his mental stability. Dez has always looked the same to me, always fired up and usually in a bad mood, has anything changed? I certainly don't think his mental stability had anything to do with all of our crap seasons going back to 2011.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is all just my opinion but...

I just don't see the point in continuing to drag his name through the mud. He's gone now. He gave us some good seasons, some bad seasons. At his best he distracted opposing defenses, at his worst he distracted his teammates. He's gone now but he's our franchise leader in TD receptions.

Let's not be schoolkids and talk bad of our ex girlfriend/boyfriend. I don't care who started it. Thanks for throwing up all the X's Dez, I wish you the best, hope you find some peace.
When not being on the team anymore stops Dez from distracting our players is when I will stop dragging his name through the mud. I think that is fair.

Dez, I wish you the best too... in hell. :p

Hadenough

Reaction score
All I can say is he was part of the problem but not the whole problem. Dez Bryant was becoming a big pain in the a z z for everyone on the team. The idea that Sean Lee is a snake or lied to him or whatever. Dez reminds me of one of those guys that you cant talk to because if you say something he takes it so personal it becomes a challenge and he wants to argue and fight and gets so defensive he wont hear a word you say. So yeah everyone in the locker room probably told him they have his back but when he left they said man that dude is an a z z hole and I cant wait til he is gone. All it took was Stephen and Jerry to call a few of those guys into his office and ask them what they thought.
I dont think Dez is a bad person but I think Jerry created a monster by not giving the whole coaching staff power to discipline him and keep him in check from the very beginning!