Can the last remaining Dez fans at least accept who he really is?

Sydla

Reaction score
All I can say is he was part of the problem but not the whole problem. Dez Bryant was becoming a big pain in the a z z for everyone on the team. The idea that Sean Lee is a snake or lied to him or whatever. Dez reminds me of one of those guys that you cant talk to because if you say something he takes it so personal it becomes a challenge and he wants to argue and fight and gets so defensive he wont hear a word you say. So yeah everyone in the locker room probably told him they have his back but when he left they said man that dude is an a z z hole and I cant wait til he is gone. All it took was Stephen and Jerry to call a few of those guys into his office and ask them what they thought.
I dont think Dez is a bad person but I think Jerry created a monster by not giving the whole coaching staff power to discipline him and keep him in check from the very beginning!

There is dysfunction from the GMs office on down.

Jipper

Reaction score
I've personally crossed over...sad too bc i loved him when he was here...was one of my top 3 players and even bought a jersey for me and kids first jerseys were Dez...

Done with him and his baby crap, sad that i was dupped for as long as I was

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I could have Dez or Linehan\JG......I’d take Dez.

He was the scapegoat they used to cover for their 1992 playcalling.
I don’t care that he expressed his pain on Twitter.

If you can’t see that Dez is right about our stale playcalling and lack of innovation on offense you are blinded by your agend.

Real coaches like Peterson, McVey, Peyton wouldn’t have needed to scapegoat our most talented WR to cover for their failings to scheme players open.

Satisfied?

So, what you are saying is, if you can change the topic and talk about something else just a few posts into this thread, that’s what you’ll do ...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You'd think I'd be the last saying this, but let's move on. Normally I'd be the person beating the dead horse long after he's stuffed and hanging on the wall.

I my opinion we have a pivotal season approaching for many players, coaches, and the team as a whole.
We have many questions and lots to discuss.
I have made many predictions since the days of the first DMN boards, I've been right many times, and chewed doggy dew many more.
Lets get together and figure this thing out.
After all "we've got to get together sooner or later" right?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
No. This is legitimate debate. You just done Iike discussing it so you are here, yet again begging for it to "stop". You guys can't stand for Dez to be criticized. That's part of the reason why Dez is in this mess. He has been coddled and that's part of his problem. He can't handle the truth.

:rolleyes:

Cmac

Reaction score
I wish him well but he might do well to read Witten's first article
I think Witten may want to read his first article too, and a few others. He was the anointed one, and all we saw was chaos, suspensions, blame, and underachievement.

JustChip

Reaction score
He is your A typical alpha personality, borderline sociopathic personality.
He will always be right in his own head, despite everyone telling him he is wrong.
He will never change his mind on anything that Dez accepts as rational,,, which is irrational in the real world.
I feel sorry for the Browns if they sign him, a franchise that is slowly starting to make progress,, Dez will send them back down the hill.
Yep. Reminds me of an employee I had that was very good, but also very argumentative with all her coworkers. Come review time, I address that with her and then spent the next hour with her arguing with me why she wasn't argumentative. I finally said "here's your sign".

JustChip

Reaction score
I’m glad I didn’t disappoint.

Dez isn’t the reason we are a perennial 8-8 team.
Garrett is.
No, Dez is not the reason. That doesn't change the fact that circumstances had changed and for the betterment of both the Cowboys and Dez, it was time to let him go. Take the emotion out and simply look at the situation with a totally blind eye, you would have to say that he was no longer producing at his level of pay for whatever reason. Players get cut when that happens - happens all across the league and with every team (hence the term "salary cap casualty").

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Conflicted on this one. I hate “I told you so” threads as much as I hate Dez.:huh:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep. Reminds me of an employee I had that was very good, but also very argumentative with all her coworkers. Come review time, I address that with her and then spent the next hour with her arguing with me why she wasn't argumentative. I finally said "here's your sign".
Exactly!

Blake

Reaction score
When Dez inevitably ends up broke and homeless because he has a 10 cent brain and lacks the maturity to manage his millions, the rabbid fanboys who coddle the dimwit will still come up with an excuse that it was somehow the fault of the Cowboy's coaching staff.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This is all just my opinion but...

I just don't see the point in continuing to drag his name through the mud. He's gone now. He gave us some good seasons, some bad seasons. At his best he distracted opposing defenses, at his worst he distracted his teammates. He's gone now but he's our franchise leader in TD receptions.

Let's not be schoolkids and talk bad of our ex girlfriend/boyfriend. I don't care who started it. Thanks for throwing up all the X's Dez, I wish you the best, hope you find some peace.
are you kidding? he just unleashed a tweet storm 1 day ago, let people react for goodness sake

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
dez is the same as he was when he first came to the cowboys but now his talent level has been mostly taken away due to injury and age but his mental state has always been this way

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang how things change....before you guys are done Dez will be Jack the ripper,Ted Bundy and whatever evil you guys can think of.
Don't really care about his character, Dez was a Elite WR demanding double coverage throughout his career until Romo stopped being our QB.....now beyond that he's got his Millions stored away and trust me there will be a team that will pick him up and if they have a Real Franchise QB Dez will make the pro-bowl.....

Blake

Reaction score
Dang how things change....before you guys are done Dez will be Jack the ripper,Ted Bundy and whatever evil you guys can think of.
Don't really care about his character, Dez was a Elite WR demanding double coverage throughout his career until Romo stopped being our QB.....now beyond that he's got his Millions stored away and trust me there will be a team that will pick him up and if they have a Real Franchise QB Dez will make the pro-bowl.....

You're going to be sorely disappointed. Dez might not even be the #1 option anymore at this stage of his career.