Video: Captain America Civil War (2016)

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Why is Hawkeye on Cap's side? He was a company man with shield and has no superpowers to register.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Why is Hawkeye on Cap's side? He was a company man with shield and has no superpowers to register.

Interesting point.

But the nice thing is, I fully expect it to be addressed.

Really, he is the only one -- the rest are just siding with Cap because he's their leader. (New avengers)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who's on each side? Ironman and Scarlet versus who? Just Bucky and Cap and Hawkeye?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the registration act covers anyone who employs natural or artificial abilities that can be defined as personal weapons of mass destruction. Stark is human but must register because of his suit's destructive technology. Barton's weaponary isn't as powerful as Stark's but they aren't simply arrows either. I think his arrow technology fits the registration act's criteria.

Additionally, Barton has always tried to separate his family's anonymity from his Shield agent and pseudo superhero careers. This was illustrated in Age of Ultron when no member of Barton's team knew about his family except Natasha. In my opinion, Barton would side with Rogers to keep his family's identities secret from those who would hurt him through them.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I believe the registration act covers anyone who employs natural or artificial abilities that can be defined as personal weapons of mass destruction. Stark is human but must register because of his suit's destructive technology. Barton's weaponary isn't as powerful as Stark's but they aren't simply arrows either. I think his arrow technology fits the registration act's criteria.

Additionally, Barton has always tried to separate his family's anonymity from his Shield agent and pseudo superhero careers. This was illustrated in Age of Ultron when no member of Barton's team knew about his family except Natasha. In my opinion, Barton would side with Rogers to keep his family's identities secret from those who would hurt him through them.

Fury knew, he was hiding out in his barn.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I'll be the first one to turn this into a Marvel v DC debate.

This looks 10x better that Batman v Superman. Anyone wanna take bets on Box Office numbers?

Batman v Superman looks like hot garbage after that latest trailer. I think CivWar will do better, but Batman vs Superman is a HUGE Titlecard, I have a hard time imagining it not doing well financially, though I don't imagine it will be highly reviewed.

Rotten Tomatoes guestimate.
CA:CW - 76%
BvS - 48%

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Winter Soldier was my favorite Marvel movie to date and this one has supposedly rated as well or better with the test audiences. I will be at this one on opening weekend.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
True. Fury helped Barton set up his secret but Fury's not an Avenger. :)

He's their boss, he set up the team and has controlled them every step of the way.

Who's to say his wife and kids didn't visit the helicarrier for Christmas parties?

Maybe he's siding with Cap because of yet to be revealed reasons, but from his history in the movies it seems out of place.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Batman v Superman looks like hot garbage after that latest trailer. I think CivWar will do better, but Batman vs Superman is a HUGE Titlecard, I have a hard time imagining it not doing well financially, though I don't imagine it will be highly reviewed.

Rotten Tomatoes guestimate.
CA:CW - 76%
BvS - 48%

I think Civil War at the very least grosses a billion. It's basically another avengers movie, and the last three with Iron Man have crossed that mark.

As for BvS, I feel like it depends on how much people want to still see batman, IMO.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People love to see Batman, but I think they're in wait and see mode with Snyder since Man of Steel wasn't universally liked.

CashMan

Reaction score
Winter Soldier was my favorite Marvel movie to date and this one has supposedly rated as well or better with the test audiences. I will be at this one on opening weekend.

Did you miss, GotG?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think Civil War at the very least grosses a billion. It's basically another avengers movie, and the last three with Iron Man have crossed that mark.

As for BvS, I feel like it depends on how much people want to still see batman, IMO.

well i think many are anti ben afflack anyway. almost all of the pro - comic hero movie people i know can't stand him and don't want to watch just because of that.

given what i have seen so far, and given the proposed "might" of superman, there is simply no way technology could outdo supermans powers. for batman to stop the fist of someone who can slug a mountain out of the way is just physically impossible. even if his arm could take that hit, he's not grounded well enough to keep from going into the next county. but again, these are things people overlook when going to movies and i get that.

i just have zero hope for DC movies. DC has always at best been the 2nd hand stepchild. my only real hope right now is suicide squad.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
well i think many are anti ben afflack anyway. almost all of the pro - comic hero movie people i know can't stand him and don't want to watch just because of that.

given what i have seen so far, and given the proposed "might" of superman, there is simply no way technology could outdo supermans powers. for batman to stop the fist of someone who can slug a mountain out of the way is just physically impossible. even if his arm could take that hit, he's not grounded well enough to keep from going into the next county. but again, these are things people overlook when going to movies and i get that.

i just have zero hope for DC movies. DC has always at best been the 2nd hand stepchild. my only real hope right now is suicide squad.

And Superman doesn't have to be anywhere near Batman to take him down. His superspeed alone, Batman has no chance to react in time. Of course, this movie won't use it (which was used in Man of Steel). All Sups has to do is superbreath Batman into an iceberg. Superman isn't super in physical ability alone, also his intelligence. But of course, this movie won't use that.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
And Superman doesn't have to be anywhere near Batman to take him down. His superspeed alone, Batman has no chance to react in time. Of course, this movie won't use it (which was used in Man of Steel). All Sups has to do is superbreath Batman into an iceberg. Superman isn't super in physical ability alone, also his intelligence. But of course, this movie won't use that.

Of course! That's the fight everyone wants Supes breathing on Batman.