Video: Captain America Civil War (2016)

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Chris Evans' portrayal of a fun-loving Johnny Storm and the CGI direction of the Torch's powers were the best representation of any member of the group. Evans has a good grasp of melding acting with these types of characters. He does a really good job as a telekinetic in the movie Push also.

The last remake of the fantastic four was annoying. I hate it when these movies deviate drastically from the comics.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last remake of the fantastic four was annoying. I hate it when these movies deviate drastically from the comics.

You're not alone there. And it played a big part in the film being a total flop. Fan backlash was big on that film from the beginning, as soon as fans heard that a director was going to take a well-established premise and give us 'his version' of it. As expected, it failed miserably. I'm watching for the same to happen with the new version of Ghostbusters that nobody but the director wanted.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Early reviews are coming in on Civil War and while I've avoided spoilers, the overall opinions are consistantly positive.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I actually might watch this Captain America movie since it has Iron Man.

I was bored to death by the first Captain America and I skipped out on the second one because of that.

I might actually watch this one.

The first is easily my worst Marvel film as there was little to no legitimate conflict. The 2nd one was one of the best.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The first is easily my worst Marvel film as there was little to no legitimate conflict. The 2nd one was one of the best.

I might give the second one a chance. My son tells me all the time that it was really good but I haven't bothered to watch it because the first one was so boring.

Of course I find Captain America to be horribly boring in general.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I might give the second one a chance. My son tells me all the time that it was really good but I haven't bothered to watch it because the first one was so boring.

Of course I find Captain America to be horribly boring in general.

For me that's hands down Black Widow.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I saw it tonight too, agree on the rating, 8-9 out of 10. I think there needed to be more development of the villain, not so much the why but how he was able to pull off some of the stuff, ie, what his background story was. Outside of that, I loved it. The introductions of the Black Panther, Ant Man and Spiderman were perfect. There was one character that I felt didn't get much love but it's tough for everyone to get their time in the sun. There was a lot of stuff that wasn't shown in the trailers which was good. Did have a grim tone similar to the BvS fiasco at times but Marvel's usage of humor tends to even things out. Best Stan Lee cameo ever...I about pissed myself laughing. All in all, very good Superhero flick...Marvel still has the right stuff IMO.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
got my tickets for tonight. my brother came into town and the studio movie grill down the street had (2) tickets back row center waiting on me. be midnight before i get home but pumped up!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
got my tickets for tonight. my brother came into town and the studio movie grill down the street had (2) tickets back row center waiting on me. be midnight before i get home but pumped up!

Nice. I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, but I can't wait to see it. I've avoided spoilers but have seen nothing but great reviews.

Enjoy!

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It was good, a lot to juggle and they did a decent job of it. Villain was pish poor but they at least tried something new with him. Thought the CGI let them down at times (not with young Downey though. Wow) especially with Spiderman who was a real star in this flick. Black Panther seemed a little over powered guess they were making up for something. Antman going big could have been awkward but the way he was fought was the highlight of the movie for me. Ending of the airport fight bit of letdown.

And this is really nothing to do with this movie but Black Widows fight scenes at the start are clearly some woman in a terrible wig that never shows her face, it did not look good and put me right off a solo escapade for her. I want a Scarlett Witch caper, like the character love Elizabeth Osen.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I thought the movie was okay. The first half was a bit of the mess and was all over the place. The motivations weren't explored enough, and the rift came too soon/easy. While the airport fight was fun, it didn't feel like it had any weight to it. Just like a couple brothers fighting in the backyard. No consequences except for something that happened by accident. None of them felt like they were taking things very seriously. I thought the film got stronger at the end when it felt like there was finally some real tension between the characters, but it was too little too late for me. Some of the CG was very good, some of it was crap (and some was inexcusable considering how cheap it would have been to film it practically). It was still enjoyable, though about 30 min. too long.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I thought the movie was okay. The first half was a bit of the mess and was all over the place. The motivations weren't explored enough, and the rift came too soon/easy. While the airport fight was fun, it didn't feel like it had any weight to it. Just like a couple brothers fighting in the backyard. No consequences except for something that happened by accident. None of them felt like they were taking things very seriously. I thought the film got stronger at the end when it felt like there was finally some real tension between the characters, but it was too little too late for me. Some of the CG was very good, some of it was crap (and some was inexcusable considering how cheap it would have been to film it practically). It was still enjoyable, though about 30 min. too long.

i think i'm with you here. the first half just simply dragged on. it more or less seemed a mix of ideas to me and not a complete thought. the villian was more an afterthought than a driving force.

i'd go somewhere around 7. the humor wasn't as good as it had been previously and dialog forced at times. iron man / downey also seemed less himself in this round.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
i think i'm with you here. the first half just simply dragged on. it more or less seemed a mix of ideas to me and not a complete thought. the villian was more an afterthought than a driving force.

i'd go somewhere around 7. the humor wasn't as good as it had been previously and dialog forced at times. iron man / downey also seemed less himself in this round.

The Tony Stark character has gone through some dynamic character growth, though, so it's not surprising to see him less "Tony-Esque"

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Really liked this one.

Really liked that the premise was a fundamental difference between two characters that has been brewing since The Avengers 4 years ago.

And most of all, I really liked how nothing was really solved by the end, but still somehow ended on a lighter note.