Careful what you ask for

GINeric

Reaction score
Now we have changed the discussion to non QBs.

Cam is a clown.

No, we've stayed on topic about players being considered "clowns" because they danced at practice.... those other players who have been to superbowls somehow got skipped over from being called "clowns" despite the fact that they TOO have been known for dancing and playing around in practice...... the hypocrisy and double standard in this thread is very comical.

GINeric

Reaction score
Cam is a below average QB with mediocre stats his whole career except for 1 year. 1 year does not make him a great Qb. He has passed for over 60% completions 2 years over his whole career. He is in-accurate and streaky and could never be relied on. Yes he had a great year - whoopie!

Career QB rating under 90 and over 90 only 2 years of his career.

Ok, no problem.... but if Alex Smith was so good.... how did Kaepernick take his job and led the SAME TEAM that Alex played on to the superbowl but yet Alex couldn't????

If all Cam had was one good year.... where was Alex Smith's "one good year"????

GINeric

Reaction score
Rivera didn't leave the Panthers. He was fired during the 2019 season. Cam demanded a trade but no team was willing to trade for him, so he was released.

Jerry finally brought in a new real and proven head coach, along with correctly keeping Dak.

Yes, I'll take Dak any day of the week over sCam Newton. Go follow another team if you don't like what is going on in Dallas.

I also like Dak, so stop the moaning and crying. But if YOU don't like my opinion why don't you take YOUR cryin *** to follow another team or just dont respond to my post.... Just that simple!! The tissue is over there...

GINeric

Reaction score
Career wise, yes, Smith was/is better.

The same Alex Smith who couldn't lead his team to a Superbowl.... but Kaepernick came in, took his job, and lead that very same team to the Show???? THAT Alex Smith is better???

Ok....

Johnny23

Reaction score
That's where the nickname comes from? It's even stupider than I thought. At least if they thought he was scamming his way into a team it would make sense. But stealing and scamming are two separate things.
It stems from how he got to Auburn from his JC and the fact that he was seemingly pay to play. As well as his fraudulent personality. People believe he's fake person.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cassell is strictly a backup. Cam is starting quality. There's no choice between the two.
Average-to-slightly-above-average material as a passer, but Cam is still starting material. Agreed. Cassel was strictly a backup type of QB.

I also like Dak, so stop the moaning and crying. But if YOU don't like my opinion why don't you take YOUR cryin *** to follow another team or just dont respond to my post.... Just that simple!! The tissue is over there...
Heed your own advice. You're the one complaining.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I too don't like Newton and there's no way you or anyone else will every convince me that he as an entire career thus far lived up to being the 1st player taken in a draft. His numbers just don't support that.
I haven’t seen anyone presenting such an argument. But if you’re looking for validation of a 1st round pick, becoming a starter in the NFL should be all we need. And we might not have closed the book on him yet.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone presenting such an argument. But if you’re looking for validation of a 1st round pick, becoming a starter in the NFL should be all we need. And we might not have closed the book on him yet.

EVERY player taken with the 1st pick in the draft become starters. Some go on and have good careers, some don't have that good of careers. JaMarcus Russell was a total bust, Newton for the most part has had an average career at best and being average isn't what you expect with the 1st pick in the draft.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
EVERY player taken with the 1st pick in the draft become starters. Some go on and have good careers, some don't have that good of careers. JaMarcus Russell was a total bust, Newton for the most part has had an average career at best and being average isn't what you expect with the 1st pick in the draft.
IDK.. I think it’s arguable he has fulfilled expectations to a point. Up until recently probably considered a top 10 type QB. Certainly reaching the Super Bowl and earning a MVP would be meeting expectations.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when Cam was accused of getting paid to go to Auburn and in the Iron bowl against Alabama in Tuscaloosa the guy running the music in the stadium played “Go On Take The Money And Run”?

:laugh:

I was LMAO.

Reminds me of George Dunham, on the Musers in the morning show on the Ticket.
He told a story, and I was at this game also.
He was the PA at Texas Stadium. He was introducing the Carolina Panthers players. The guy in charge of the music played the Cat Chow Meow Mix, song.
George did not know he was going to do that and, could not make it through the lineup as he was laughing too much.

I turned to my friend laughing as he did not realize it. Everyone around us was cracking up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cam wouldn’t have worked here in Dallas as our organization doesn’t have the disciplined structure needed to corral a personality like Newton.

New England on the other hand with Belichick might be the only place where Cam will either shape up or ship out. I like his chances better there than anywhere else making a comeback.

Depends how he is on game day. Will he be more serious, or act like a clown during the games as he used to do. I agree, Bill may be one of the few that can shape him up.

The practice stuff, it is TC, he was probably feeling pretty good that day. That doesn't really bother me that I think about it
It looked to be at the end of practice anyway. Maybe he was happy it was over, had a good practice. LOL.

However I never cared for Cam and his game day antics as if he was a show off, look at me, and what I did. I was more of a make the play and go back to the huddle guy.
However if he was our QB and winning games, I may look at it differently. I would not know until I seen it. I don't care for celebration after every play, though the Zeke feed me does not bother me, but I don't care to see it either. However, I LOVED Michael Irvin's first down celebrations. I rather see Zeke do that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Depends how he is on game day. Will he be more serious, or act like a clown during the games as he used to do. I agree, Bill may be one of the few that can shape him up.

The practice stuff, it is TC, he was probably feeling pretty good that day. That doesn't really bother me that I think about it
It looked to be at the end of practice anyway. Maybe he was happy it was over, had a good practice. LOL.

However I never cared for Cam and his game day antics as if he was a show off, look at me, and what I did. I was more of a make the play and go back to the huddle guy.
However if he was our QB and winning games, I may look at it differently. I would not know until I seen it. I don't care for celebration after every play, though the Zeke feed me does not bother me, but I don't care to see it either. However, I LOVED Michael Irvin's first down celebrations. I rather see Zeke do that.
Yea, I despise Cam the personality. But like I mentioned earlier I usually try to separate my personal feelings from professional evaluations.

There’s been several Cowboys over the years I despised their off field behavior personally too like Irvin and Elliott but didn’t let it effect how I viewed their performance on the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some fans wanted to bring in this free agent QB while getting rid of Dak back on July 15th, 2020 when Dak and the Cowboys were unable to come to an agreement over a contract extension. I remember reading how some said Cam would be cheaper, more athletic, supposedly a better passer and a better leader. How lucky we are Jerry, Stephen, Coach McCarthy and the Cowboys disagree and know better.

Watch Julian Edelman in the background staring at sCam Newton act like a clown while everyone else is taking things seriously during Patriots practice. What do you think Edelman is thinking? It's got to be painful for him knowing his old legit leader and the GOAT in Tom Brady is no longer there but instead now have this.

Edelman, the Patriots and all of their fans are stuck with this......clown.

Careful what you wish for. It might come back and seriously bite you on the bottom.

PS: So glad we've got a natural born leader in Dak who takes the game seriously.

I am going to be laughing my a off the day they cut that clown. I simply cant see him working out there. I would say Cam Newton has to be my most loathed player in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Did you see any other idiot bouncing around like that on the video?

Pats are going to have to be 8-1 with that moron for him to stick around. Anything close to 500 and I don't see him lasting the year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
IDK.. I think it’s arguable he has fulfilled expectations to a point. Up until recently probably considered a top 10 type QB. Certainly reaching the Super Bowl and earning a MVP would be meeting expectations.

As I've said before ONE good season out of NINE isn't what is normally considered acceptable for a 1st pick in the draft. The 1st pick in the draft is expected to have more than TWO seasons with higher than a 50 something completion percentage and fewer than 15, 16, 17 picks. You want to say that one good season completely over shadows the other eight seasons and I'm saying that those other eight seasons tend to tarnish that one good season. So what you're saying is 12% of a career counts more than 88% of a career and I'm saying 88% counts more than the 12%.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans wanted to bring in this free agent QB while getting rid of Dak back on July 15th, 2020 when Dak and the Cowboys were unable to come to an agreement over a contract extension. I remember reading how some said Cam would be cheaper, more athletic, supposedly a better passer and a better leader. How lucky we are Jerry, Stephen, Coach McCarthy and the Cowboys disagree and know better.

Watch Julian Edelman in the background staring at sCam Newton act like a clown while everyone else is taking things seriously during Patriots practice. What do you think Edelman is thinking? It's got to be painful for him knowing his old legit leader and the GOAT in Tom Brady is no longer there but instead now have this.

Edelman, the Patriots and all of their fans are stuck with this......clown.

Careful what you wish for. It might come back and seriously bite you on the bottom.

PS: So glad we've got a natural born leader in Dak who takes the game seriously.

I'm not a fan of Cam Newton, but I don't see any issue with that video and I don't see what you see with Edelman.

Dak is by far the better player to have as the starting QB for the Cowboys but Cam dancing in practice is meaningless.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you see any other idiot bouncing around like that on the video?

Pats are going to have to be 8-1 with that moron for him to stick around. Anything close to 500 and I don't see him lasting the year.

I don't see NE being any better than 7-9 without Brady. Regardless of how well they cheat. Cam is not as he was, that can win games on his athleticism. He will need to rely on his arm, and that is not what it used to be either.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Cam Newton, but I don't see any issue with that video and I don't see what you see with Edelman.

Dak is by far the better player to have as the starting QB for the Cowboys but Cam dancing in practice is meaningless.

Newton is the new kid on the block and he plays the position that is universally considered as the leader of the team and then this new kid is clowning it up and his new team mates are supposed to then look to him as their new leader? Instead of Newton showing his football skills and his ability to take control of things hen clowns around. He hsan't done the right thing because those skills were only for one season 5 years ago so I guess all he has left is clowning around.