Chaz Green

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Very poor play in the 2nd half and it wasnt even against a great de. Unless he drastically improves they really need to hold onto Leary and consider swinging Collins outside if needed to get the ol on the field.

I'm unconvinced that Collins is adequately adept at pass pro to be successful as an OT in the NFL until he improves noticeably.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Any movement to his inside last night{right} , gave him problems. I watched him exclusively till half....the holding call as mentioned, guy was on a slant & subbed, he was late & tried to fall on him. He tried 2 or 3 times just to stick his head/shoulder on the DT when his responsibility was inside......

On the TD pass to Twill he did great, then got bumped ever so slightly from Collins, then the DT had a free pass to Dak-but yet again his movement right was almost none existence

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I'm giving him a pass for now. He had hip surgery from an injury that was so bad that he had to miss his entire rookie season. Maybe his play is rust or nervousness.

I expect his 2nd PS game to be better. The coaches will look at film with him and help correct his mistakes. It's too soon to write this kid off.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I fully expect the staff to be patient with Green as well they should be but if he doesn't find some lateral movement sometime reasonably soon, his chances of remaining with the Cowboys could be in serious jeopardy. I believe they'll be checking the waiver wire quite intently before too long. I'm unsure if Green might be waived this year but it's possible he could end up on the PS.

Last edited:

Craig

Reaction score
He needs better conditioning. From what I saw early yesterday, he'll be fine to take a few snaps to rest guys. As of now he may not be ready if someone goes down, but he will likely improve week to week and hopefully wont be tiring out after 40% of a game when he is needed.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fatigue makes cowards out of all of us. His technique broke completely down after he got tired. He looked decent with ones, not so much with the 2s and 3s. I still think he will be a player.
I really hope that's the case. We definitely need him to be that player.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Adding to my post..... He got to the 2nd level pretty quick & used his hands nicely, his feet were quick here as well

Sydla

Reaction score
He isn't going to be cut or moved to OG. It was red shirt rookie in his first game since 2014 for crying out loud.

Yeah I don't know about cutting him. That's absurd at this point.

But the fact he's a 2nd year player that is apparently out of shape and has been reported that he looks like he goes through the motions at some practices certainly is not good.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He needs better conditioning. From what I saw early yesterday, he'll be fine to take a few snaps to rest guys. As of now he may not be ready if someone goes down, but he will likely improve week to week and hopefully wont be tiring out after 40% of a game when he is needed.

I think conditioning is the issue. He hasn't played in a game for some time. He played a ton last night. When guys are winded, technique goes down the drain.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I really hope that's the case. We definitely need him to be that player.
Me too. Early on, I was like dang he looks good. I cannot believe he missed all of last year. However, towards the end, I was throwing things at my TV.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know about cutting him. That's absurd at this point.

But the fact he's a 2nd year player that is apparently out of shape and has been reported that he looks like he goes through the motions at some practices certainly is not good.

He isn't out of shape. He's not in game shape. Not surprising for someone who has had little practice in a year.

Play. Watch the tape. Learn.

Section446

Reaction score
Didn't like the pick then, still don't like it, just another bad pick in the first few rounds... we're getting good at those.

Proof

Reaction score
Chaz green and Gavin Escobar piss me off so much. Not just because they suck, but the opportunity cost for them to suck. I was livid with both picks and neither has done ANYTHING to endear themselves.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Chaz green and Gavin Escobar piss me off so much. Not just because they suck, but the opportunity cost for them to suck. I was livid with both picks and neither has done ANYTHING to endear themselves.

This was Chaz 1st game. He was hurt last year and was inactive the last 5 games (when on the 53 roster).

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I want to see Chaz play as much as possible the next few games. He looked terrible out there. Torrin Tucker, Rob Pettiti level of ineptitude.