Chaz Green

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We have so many absolutes. One game judgements. It's pretty ridiculous. He wasn't all bad and it was his first game action and he pretty much played the whole game. There was a noticeable difference from one half to the other, and they were playing him exclusively on the side where he needs work. It isn't going to happen over night.

We need to see better work from him next time for an extended period of time, if we see that then they likely will keep working him. They did the same with Parnell and it took a while before he became competitive.

We don't have another option at this point. There will be a vet available at some point...like Brown a year ago. The problem is if Green isn't on the roster he could get snagged off the PS. We will have so many needs in the draft that it will be hard to use a high pick on another OL. Looks like DE, S and LB will be our biggest needs again.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus

Chaz Green
: I always say that with an offensive linemen, you evaluate how he played not on a handful of plays but his entire body of work. For Chaz Green the film will likely show some positive plays for the most part especially when he had his snaps with the first line. What was clear was that the longer he had to play, the more physically tired and sloppy he became with his technique. I don't care how talented you might be if your technique is bad you are going to look bad and that's exactly what happened with Green. If he's going to be the swing tackle on this team, he is going to have to get in better shape physically but more importantly he is going to have to become more mentally strong because he is neither right now.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus

Chaz Green
: I always say that with an offensive linemen, you evaluate how he played not on a handful of plays but his entire body of work. For Chaz Green the film will likely show some positive plays for the most part especially when he had his snaps with the first line. What was clear was that the longer he had to play, the more physically tired and sloppy he became with his technique. I don't care how talented you might be if your technique is bad you are going to look bad and that's exactly what happened with Green. If he's going to be the swing tackle on this team, he is going to have to get in better shape physically but more importantly he is going to have to become more mentally strong because he is neither right now.

On target

Sydla

Reaction score
He isn't out of shape. He's not in game shape. Not surprising for someone who has had little practice in a year.

Play. Watch the tape. Learn.

Not quite. There were reports he was out of shape, not just out of game shape. Further, there were some people saying here that Green looked disinterested at times in camp to date.

Broaddus hints at it here:

"If he's going to be the swing tackle on this team, he is going to have to get in better shape physically but more importantly he is going to have to become more mentally strong because he is neither right now."

Play. Watch the tape. Learn.

kevm3

Reaction score
Dude played awful. I could understand if he was getting dominated by starters, but to get dominated by rookies is unacceptable. He really needs to step it up.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He isn't going to be cut or moved to OG. It was red shirt rookie in his first game since 2014 for crying out loud.
Hmmm...

well you can keep him but I see why they are dissatisfied with his play and keep bringing in guys to compete with him.

God help us if he has to play. Romo won't last a quarter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm already looking at Offensive Tackle draft targets.

Regardless if Green pans out it is about to become a position of need pretty soon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We had a debate about Green during the offseason when he had to be helped off the practice field twice due to cramps. Strange that his conditioning would still be an issue entering the first preseason game. I'm really starting to have doubts about him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dude played awful. I could understand if he was getting dominated by starters, but to get dominated by rookies is unacceptable. He really needs to step it up.

Chaz too is a rookie. He didn't play last year. This was his 1st game, any game, in the NFL.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can't find a better option at swing tackle off the garbage heap. If he is really disinterested, show him the door.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
First game action since 2014. Let's see how the next few games go

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Well, to be fair to Green, Tunsil can't even beat out some guy (undrafted?) named Dallas Thomas, who looked horrible against the NYG in the first preseason game. I would be more alarmed at Tunsil not starting at OT than Green struggling a bit.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tunsil has a ton of potential and Green is just a JAG who should have never been drafted :) Maybe playing OT in the NFL is a little difficult.

Plankton

Reaction score
Green looked like a guy who hadn't played a competitive snap since 2014. He had a bad tendency to overset to his outside, and his hands and feet were not in sync. He's clearly an athletic guy, but his stamina was poor, and he also had a tendency to try and swat outside the shoulders of an opposing rusher to push him by the QB. He definitely needs to improve his conditioning, and he also needs to work on his technique for times that he is tired, because it completely broke down on him. Green has a lot of talent, but he needs to remember that this isn't college anymore, and anything less than his best effort in technique, conditioning and his mental approach will result in him getting beat, and his QB injured.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
How does a guy who never gave up a sack in college look so bad?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How does a guy who never gave up a sack in college look so bad?

Did you notice him much in the fist half? Me neither because he was solid for the most part. His poor play came in the second half as he wore down. He simply doesn't have the stamina at this point to play a full game. Once he lost it, he was really bad but I didn't even know he was playing for Smith until it was 14-0 so he started off playing fairly well.