Christine Michael Gets First Team Snaps In Practice?

Zman5

Reaction score
Randle got 2 yards rushing on his last 11 carries Sunday, he showed he is not a power back like Murray was. If there is no hole, Randle is not going to get positive yards

That is why CM is getting a look, to see if he can bring some power back to this running game

Yeh, I hope so. From looks of it, it looks like the coaching staff wants to use him soon. Sooner the better.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Randle got 2 yards rushing on his last 11 carries Sunday, he showed he is not a power back like Murray was. If there is no hole, Randle is not going to get positive yards

That is why CM is getting a look, to see if he can bring some power back to this running game

I've seen what Murray has done with no holes to run through and it's the same as all of the others.

This no hole theory you guys have talked yourself into is hilarious.

If there is penetration in the backfield it doesn't matter and we have seen that.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
i don't care if you put Adrian Peterson back there, the running game is going to suffer until the cowboys can prove to be a threat in the passing game

Really? You think Weeden sucks go check out what Bridgewater looks like...not to mention no WR involvement in his passing game...Peterson is carrying his team on his back. Peterson is the difference there because he plays at a different level even at the age of 30...so I must disagree with your post if Peterson can carry his team with a passing game worse than the cowboys, behind a line not as good as the cowboys..I think it is pretty clear he would do just fine here....let's not forget there is 8 and sometimes 9 in the box with everyone knowing All Day is going to get the ball.. Its time to quit making excuses for the running game here..it is what it is a RBBC that has a limit to what it can do...that decision is on the ownership.

visionary

Reaction score
Have you been seeing RBs miss holes or go down easily? For the most part, they're running well, or if they're getting creamed it's because our OL has missed a block or our FB can't take out a LB in space. Though I don't doubt that Michael could be the best runner of all of them.

Yes please, can all the internet couch scouts who have "broken down tape" please answer this one, lol?

Also, I thought that "we have to trust the coaches who see these players everyday". If Randle and McFunk were doing great would they be looking to work CM in?

Inquiring minds want to know (and please don't write a thesis, just give me the Cliff notes version, thx)

canters

Reaction score
We can start Jim Brown and he still would need better OL play. I hope Leary brings some stability to the line.
Fred Beard can not have a gane like he did against Atlanta again this season. Even Tyron had an off day.

Better days are ahead I hope.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's a nice change of pace from our other three in that he may have actual talent.

LOL.. Like what kind of talent? The talent to make the DL not meet him 2 yards in the backfield?

The talent to make our coaches not so predictable.

Randle gets a bit of space for the first time this year and he torches the Falcons.

Randle can catch, he has excellent patience and vision, and he can take it to the house.

Does he finish runs like Jerome Bettis? No. But he is a big threat to score if you just have good blocking.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
His bust is being molded as we speak.

The backups are always future HOH players
Fans always know more than coaches and gm's
Any player who isn't a pro bowler is a bust
That's just the way fans are

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is up to Michael to go out and earn it. I'm not in favor of handing a job because fans want to see him or what college he went to. To me what matters is guys getting out there and earning their playing time. I'm glad for Michaels that he is getting some 1st team reps the rest is on him to show he should be the man at RB

erod

Reaction score
Randle has the quicks and juice. Dunbar is the out-in-space receiver. Michael is the hammer.

McFadden is just second in each category. He's the odd man out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Randle has the quicks and juice. Dunbar is the out-in-space receiver. Michael is the hammer.

McFadden is just second in each category. He's the odd man out.

I disagree, McFadden is much faster and quicker than Randle. McFadden is also the better blocker.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I feel like running back is the LEAST of our worries right now. Buried underneath defensive starters injured/suspended, clunker of a backup QB and no legitimate threat at WR.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll ask another question.

When did Michael suddenly become a tough, power runner?

dallasdave

Reaction score
Really? You think Weeden sucks go check out what Bridgewater looks like...not to mention no WR involvement in his passing game...Peterson is carrying his team on his back. Peterson is the difference there because he plays at a different level even at the age of 30...so I must disagree with your post if Peterson can carry his team with a passing game worse than the cowboys, behind a line not as good as the cowboys..I think it is pretty clear he would do just fine here....let's not forget there is 8 and sometimes 9 in the box with everyone knowing All Day is going to get the ball.. Its time to quit making excuses for the running game here..it is what it is a RBBC that has a limit to what it can do...that decision is on the ownership.

Hey, YO Adrian !!!! :lmao2:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's a nice change of pace from our other three in that he may have actual talent.

I think there's reason to believe that C-Mike has a talent that the other three can't match. His inside power running is arguably much better than any of the other three. It's an ability that has proven to be sorely missing at present. It's also what DeMarco Murray provided that our current RB starters could never approach.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
I disagree, McFadden is much faster and quicker than Randle. McFadden is also the better blocker.

McFadden has absolutely no quickness at all. He's straight ahead speed, and he runs upright, so he's not as powerful as he should be.

He is a better blocker for sure, and he is useful, but you can't be running four backs out there. Somebody has to get in a rhythm.

erod

Reaction score
I think Michael can do here what Freeman is doing for Atlanta.

How's that sound?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McFadden has absolutely no quickness at all. He's straight ahead speed, and he runs upright, so he's not as powerful as he should be.

He is a better blocker for sure, and he is useful, but you can't be running four backs out there. Somebody has to get in a rhythm.

I disagree I think he much faster and quicker than Randle. I have watched both we just seem to have a different view.