Christine Michael Gets First Team Snaps In Practice?

erod

Reaction score
I disagree I think he much faster and quicker than Randle. I have watched both we just seem to have a different view.

McFadden is known for having about the worst hips of any tailback in the NFL. He can't pivot at all. He runs straight ahead, but with speed.

Randle is getting the defenses when they're fresh, which is much harder to run against generally. McFadden gets them when they're tired.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
McFadden is known for having about the worst hips of any tailback in the NFL. He can't pivot at all. He runs straight ahead, but with speed.

Randle is getting the defenses when they're fresh, which is much harder to run against generally. McFadden gets them when they're tired.

Like Randle got them last season? lol. he had a couple of early runs there were great after that 11 carries 2 yards that sucks and no it is not all the OL. Randle has gotten a shot done alright but will not be mistaken by any means of the running game we showed last season. Not even close.

erod

Reaction score
Like Randle got them last season? lol. he had a couple of early runs there were great after that 11 carries 2 yards that sucks and no it is not all the OL. Randle has gotten a shot done alright but will not be mistaken by any means of the running game we showed last season. Not even close.

Offensive line play has been atrocious early on throughout the league. I think we're focusing too much on the backs and not enough on the offensive line.

The lack of practice in training camp with the new CBA rules is hurting teams. Nobody can hit anybody anymore until Week 1 of the regular season. Quarterbacks are getting hurt all around. Romo, Brees, Roethlisberger.....Matt Ryan got obliterated the first two weeks, and I don't know how Matthew Stafford is even walking right now.

Michael gives this team something it doesn't have, a true inside runner who can hammer people.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Offensive line play has been atrocious early on throughout the league. I think we're focusing too much on the backs and not enough on the offensive line.

The lack of practice in training camp with the new CBA rules is hurting teams. Nobody can hit anybody anymore until Week 1 of the regular season. Quarterbacks are getting hurt all around. Romo, Brees, Roethlisberger.....Matt Ryan got obliterated the first two weeks, and I don't know how Matthew Stafford is even walking right now.

Michael gives this team something it doesn't have, a true inside runner who can hammer people.

I don't disagree with you on Michaels.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I could keeping McFadden active if Romo was healthy due to his blitz pick up abilities

No one cares if Weeden get hurt. Not even his mom

Thanks for posting Mrs Weedan. Now tell us how you really feel about your son

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Here ya go Blue!!

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said RB Christine Michael is "in the mix" to be active against New Orleans.

Michael reportedly saw more reps than usual in practice on Wednesday. It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week, but the Cowboys likely want to get something out of their investment. Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.

Source: Jon Machota on Twitte

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Here ya go Blue!!

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said RB Christine Michael is "in the mix" to be active against New Orleans.

Michael reportedly saw more reps than usual in practice on Wednesday. It is an odd time to bump up Michael's usage considering how well Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar played last week, but the Cowboys likely want to get something out of their investment. Michael still likely needs an injury to someone ahead of him to have any fantasy value.

Source: Jon Machota on Twitte

Thanks for sharing. I'm still not falling for it until I see some movement from the team. Encouraging though.

sideon

Reaction score
Have you been seeing RBs miss holes or go down easily? For the most part, they're running well, or if they're getting creamed it's because our OL has missed a block or our FB can't take out a LB in space. Though I don't doubt that Michael could be the best runner of all of them.

Part O-Line & part RBs trying to do too much. Now i will say that Randle has turned some plays that should've been at least 3yd losses into positive plays, that TD he had against the Falcons was a thing of beauty.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm still not falling for it until I see some movement from the team. Encouraging though.

This is not the first place i have read this today I'm starting to get the impression something is going down on the hush hush...trending in the right way though

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is up to Michael to go out and earn it. I'm not in favor of handing a job because fans want to see him or what college he went to. To me what matters is guys getting out there and earning their playing time. I'm glad for Michaels that he is getting some 1st team reps the rest is on him to show he should be the man at RB

Randle and McFadden didn't earn anything. They were handed the reps and missed all of the preseason.

You have to judge Michael with the first team OL and see what he can do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Randle and McFadden didn't earn anything. They were handed the reps and missed all of the preseason.

You have to judge Michael with the first team OL and see what he can do.

I don't think McFadden or Randle were handed anything they have been here for working and competing. Michaels I hope he does prove himself to be better and he is getting work with the 1's evidently and if he shows he is the better option I have no doubt he will see action. It is on the player to show during the week that he deserves the playing time. I hope he does.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Garrett made it a point at his press conference to emphasize the internal competition the Boys have every week to see who makes the 46. Maybe Christine was a winner this week.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
We have three backs that have very similar traits. Stands to reason that there should be room for a fourth with the ability to gain the tough yards -- even if the OL blocking is less than ideal.

So who sits? My vote is McFadden. He is now a backup to Randal in my opinion. So let McF sit and see what difference it makes. Dunbar has emerged as a threat out of the backfield, and Randal does more than just run through the line.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Garrett made it a point at his press conference to emphasize the internal competition the Boys have every week to see who makes the 46. Maybe Christine was a winner this week.

If so great, I would think people know that just because a player wins a spot to start a season does not ensure they will keep that spot. Coaches work these guys out all week what you do during that week will play a part in guys developing and a chance to move up. Coaches are not basing in on "what can it hurt" they base in how the player is performing through out the week.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Michael is a power back, he's the kind of back that we need in the offense, with Randle and/or McFadden doing the complimentary work. Last game shows what happens when teams focus on stopping the run and we don't have a running back that can continually plow forward.

I don't think it would have mattered. Michael is also a bit slower than the other two and not as elusive. when there is more men to block than blockers, it doesn't matter. he is not going to plow a bunch of LBs consistently.

we only used 1/3 of the field this past game and atlanta only had to defend that 1/3