Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree go for someone like Duke Johnson.

Grossly underused in Cleveland.

Pass catching running back. Lovely foil for Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree go for someone like Duke Johnson.

Grossly underused in Cleveland.

Pass catching running back. Lovely foil for Zeke.

giphy.gif

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Hamstrings are important and all. It's why we should not give him a lot of money and have the contract structured to be easy to get out of.
I find hamstrings over rated. If you stretch an elastic band so one end is under your heel then hook the other end over your ear, you can run like a gazelle.

Dre11

Reaction score
You should look up those "health numbers". Compared to Cobb? Beasley was an iron man.

Missed one game in five years.

Was also ineffective on the field trying to play hurt. Just because he did miss, he wasn't always healthy enough to be effective. That's looking beyond the surface.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was also ineffective on the field trying to play hurt. Just because he did miss, he wasn't always healthy enough to be effective. That's looking beyond the surface.

The most important ability a player can have - reliability.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I find hamstrings over rated. If you stretch an elastic band so one end is under your heel then hook the other end over your ear, you can run like a gazelle.

Oh, no doubt that hammy issues are problematic. I just think that, if healthy, Cobb does give us a solid option. However, I wouldn't spend too much on him because we need to easily get out of the contract.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
If we do it that way, however, then I think we need to either get Hurns to take a pay cut, or we need to cut him to compensate for getting Cobb. I do think Cobb is an upgrade over Hurns and Beasley when healthy. The key words are when healthy.
The front office was happy to pick up the option on Hurns. So if you think they're going to ask him to take a pay cut or outright cut him is utter nonsense.

I absolutely do not agree with paying Hurns 6 mil this year, but that ship has already sailed. To think this foolish bunch of idiots running the circus are finally going to come to their senses is just wishful thinking.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The front office was happy to pick up the option on Hurns. So if you think they're going to ask him to take a pay cut or outright cut him is utter nonsense.

I absolutely do not agree with paying Hurns 6 mil this year, but that ship has already sailed. To think this foolish bunch of idiots running the circus are finally going to come to their senses is just wishful thinking.

And they very well might not do that. I just think that would be the prudent move.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And quarterbacks throw to open receivers. If that was Cobb - like in 2014 - he was getting the ball. If he's isn't open, it's going elsewhere. Quarterbacking 101. But it's funny to now read about the reverence for the great Davante Adams, the very latest receiver made by Aaron Rodgers.
So, your position is once Devinte Adams (and Julio Jones and Antonio Brown and Deandre Hopkins) broke out the fact he (and the other guys mentioned) got more passes and others got fewer passes had nothing to do with their talent, it was actually just that the other receivers had suddenly stopped getting open as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.